Reviews for The Mourner
duj chapter 2 . 10/1/2007
Do the boys play any further part in the story? I recognise the names from Silas Marner, but I assume you don't plan for them to play similar parts here as it is Snape who fits the title character's arc, not the eponymous boy.
ellennar chapter 2 . 9/30/2007
Beautifully done, please do continue!
brenda-wood-sheil chapter 2 . 9/30/2007
bloody brilliant I say

bring on chapter 3

I just wish I could take severus in my arms but I dare suspect I would be hexed before I could so much as begin the gesture

bren
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 9/30/2007
I liked the bit with adding someone called Eliot. Cute, that.

And both Harry and Snape are such walking cases of PTSD it isn't funny. Of the two, I don't know who will have it hardest-Harry, who will be expected to be the Poster Boy Hero, and likely have his breakdowns in public, or Snape, who is dying by inches in his solitude.

Very good chapter.
Blackpenny chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Very interesting! I hope you update soon.
brenda-wood-sheil chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
very good start

I look forward to more
CoyoteWolf chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Oh wow. A powerful sadness now lingers on my mind. I wonder what Severus will do. And I do like his last reply to Minerva.
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
A good beginning. I'm very interested to see where you go with this and how you will write Snape, without Dumbledore.
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Well, as far as Severus's experience of fathers goes I suppose Albus *was* like a father to him - harsh, dismissive, unyielding... :(
ESP chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
good intro. believable.
Coral Grace chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Very well written. Looking forward to more. I hope you keep Snape as in character as he was in this chapter. Often stories with a child involved bring Snape a little too out of character, but I have positive expectations for this story.
Ayashi1 chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
This is how I imagined how it'd have been, had Snape lived. Excellent writing, and I'm curious as to this child mentioned in the summary yet to make his/her appearance D
Bravie chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Wow, that was wonderfully written. You brought me to tears reading that.

Please please write more an update soon.

I can't wait to find out what Snape chooses to do next. As for being headmaster, I'm sure someone can convince him right, afterall school won't start again for another 3 months. ;)

Or if he does disappear for awhile, maybe someone will bump into him 19 years later. I hope he gets to meet Albus Potter.

I'm excited to see where you will take this. Thank you so much for sharing your writing and please update again soon. Thanks.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Excellent. He probably has no idea of what freedom is, and never has. Snape needs a long time to find out what he actually wants, and what life could actually be for him.

Then again, Harry's pretty much in the same plight, when you think about it.
The Fluffy Ball chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Good idea for a story. I can't wait to see what becomes of it.

Where will Snape go? What will he do with Spinner's End?

BTW, when you had said, "... the gait slams..." did you mean "gate"?
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »