Reviews for Pina Coladas by the Pool
NC Girl chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
I just discovered your stories and started wtih this one. I LOVE this! And the last paragraph is, perhaps, one of the sweetest (although bitter-sweet) things I've read in a long time. And what a perfect way to end it.

I'm off to read more!
pdragon76 chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Ah, Dean whump. My favourite. :-)

I like this, you have some very neat turns of phrase here and your Dean voice is very Dean. I like how you touch on the idea of Sam getting harder, being tougher, because um, yeah, unavoidable. I always see Sam being a lot tougher than I read in a lot of fic. I think he gets dealt the emo card a lot and he ain't no emo.

Nice job.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
I absolutely loved this little fic, just LOVED it!

I love how the story is told from Dean's POV and hearing his thoughts on Sammy, on their life, on the hunt.

My favorite scene,

Suddenly he’s got memories of emo Sam running like a movie through his head, all fragility and concern, soft eyes and gentle voice, twenty three bittersweet years of it. And he feels so sad that that Sam is getting harder to find, replaced by someone angry and unknown. He caused it, but what choice did he have? Out of dead Sam and angry Sam, angry Sam wins every time, because that guy has a chance at redemption, that guy has a chance at happiness, that guy has the whole world on offer to him, shit he’s capable of anything, much more than Dean ever was so it was a good trade.

Dean feels as if he's lost part of Sammy, the innocence side is gone and has been replaced by a hard, angry edge. It's a sad realization.

This scene just broke my heart, it was just so unexpected and blunt,

“It doesn’t have to be a great job Sam. It only needs to hold together for a few months.”

Made me teary eyed for a second there.

Great conclusion, could totally imagine Dean wanting nothing more than a hot girl and a pina coloda...and his brother being Sammy again.

Oh and thanks for the hurt Dean, always loved and appreciated!
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
One question, why DID Sam call Dean son?

I'm glad Sam is going to give Dean his pina colada with the loose morals chick in the bikini. Only Dean!

I like the line that Dean's held together by sticky tape and spit. That just caught me - great description.

I agree, with that little time left - I'd be doing something other than hunting that's for sure.

Thanks.
Lilly B chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
great story so far! i really like your idea for this story. and kudos to you for experimenting with your writing style...it gives the story a very different flare. it's cool and i'm enjoying reading it. again, great job!
burnmedown chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Aw, poor Dean...he's given so much and received so little in return, and I get the feeling that's what he'll do for that last year as well. Very nice little h/c story.
k chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
I really enjoyed reading this. Sad and kinda painful but very good.