Reviews for Under the Serious Moonlight
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Top marks. I adore Ian Westbury, and I can imagine Malcolm letting an 'alternative personality' live through him. Ian can get away with behaviour that Malcolm can't...
ThirdBass chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Hey, I thought this was sheer brilliance, mate! Loved the fact that you did it, I'm quite happy to see Ian made a lasting impression on fans! I'm a fan of all three: Enterprise, David Bowie, and FBA, so it was great to see them all joined :D

Your writing has a great flow to it, I was hooked and read it straight thru. Malcolm/Ian was superb, as were all the extra details - I was tickled by the use of the (wonderful, but often overlooked) 'Blue Jean' vid - perfect to have it be changed to the characters!

I don't usually finish reading slash fics, but this one actually did work for me romantically - I liked the inner thoughts and descriptions of their feelings. Good job! And the Porthos POV - loved it - and his names for the crew members, so cute! Title is great too.

...And if it's not too lame for me to pimp my own creative foray off of the Ian Westbury mythos, here's a link to my 'fan account':

ht*tp:*/*tiny*url*.*com/4fog68j

(remove the asterisks to get the correct URL)
Rowvle chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Excellent story XD

I have watched the music video 'Under the Moon' and honestly almost died laughing while comparing his character of Ian Westbury, to his character of Malcolm Reed XD

I enjoyed the concept, and it was a very good idea!

I only wished I got there first XD
Serit chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Oh, god, I am *such* a Bowie fan! Where the heck does that commercial exist, just for the halibut, so I can find it? ;) I've yet to meet Dominic, but I've been told by a number of people that he's a good singer. Your story is great, sweet, racy, all the fun things about Mal 'n' Trip and the Enterprise at its best.
Sita Z chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
What a great surprise to come back from vacation and find your new story all ready and waiting!

I really enjoyed Malcolm's "Ian Westbury" personality - I was half expecting someone to reveal Ian's true identity while he was on stage, and I'm glad it didn't happen, even though I agree with Trip that the crew wouldn't respect Malcolm any less if they knew. But I think it's better if Ian keeps his secret identity, for Malcolm's benefit :).

What I loved most about the story were Trip's thoughts on Malcolm - he loves him so much, and I think he should have that talk with Archer and get that four poster bed as soon as possible. I really hope we'll get to listen in on that conversation in one of your next stories!

Thank you for sharing!
Fury Seven Kerrigan chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
I love this story- you are a masterful writer. Every part of it is fantastic. I especially loved the bits where Malcolm might have an alternate lifestyle where he is the man we see the odd glimpse of in the tv series; where he would have to 'cajole' his friends and colleagues into fessing up with some cash; and of course, the compulsory bits with Porthos' POV. Please write some more soon!