Reviews for Harry Potter and Merlin's Reaper
Anderfail chapter 28 . 7/25
Some of the changes to your original plan really didn't work too well in this story. Once you hit Potter Manor, the story basically fell apart and became more of a combination of random unconnected scenes that had little to do at all with the beginning of the story. It would have been one thing if you had developed some of the characters more early on, but the abrupt change in strategy and relationships really destroyed a lot of the original premise and flow of the story. You built up one thing for nearly 15 chapters and then changed direction completely, which really made the last 1/3 of the story a bit of a mess as characters that weren't developed came to the forefront and characters that were developed faded to the background. It made little sense and made for a discombobulated storyline.

Your premise was good and I enjoyed the dark apocalyptic scenario though. It's always nice to see someone actually show how bad Voldemort is rather than just treating him as a joke or plot device.
Anderfail chapter 13 . 7/25
I think a lot of the people complaining are those who don't truly understand the depravity and utter evil nature of people like Voldemort and the Death Eaters. Canon HP is a children's book so it never went into much detail about them, but it implied a lot of things. Rape, torture, genocide, etc. would be absolutely the norm for a world ruled by Voldemort. This is a realistic view into what would happen with a competent Voldemort and no one to oppose him. Is it horrific? Yes. Is it appalling? Yes, but this is reality. The Nazis, Imperial Japan, Soviet Russia, Communist China, the Mongols, Spanish Conquistadores, the Crusades, ISIS, etc. are all examples of exactly this type of behavior. The real world is not all sunshine and rainbows and sometimes terrible things happen to good people. It sucks that Hermione, Luna, and the others have been systematically raped but I think many are just not realizing how truly bad these people can be.
Markus Ramikin chapter 23 . 7/13
Excessive authornoting is excessive.

Good story, btw. Though I really would have liked more (or maybe "more than none at all") exploration of Ron being confronted with the memories of his alternative history. That is /interesting/ in a way few things can possibly be, and you totally skipped over it.
ex-ellent chapter 4 . 7/4
And Harry suddenly forgets he is a new reality ... that more or less killed it for me.
LadiesMan218 chapter 28 . 6/25
Fantastic story loved it very much, The ending was pretty good, hope you continue to write! Good Luck!
Simianpower chapter 28 . 6/14
This was well written. The ending did seem a bit forced, including the pairings, but it it was in general well thought out. I'm not sure whether or not I liked it, though. Dark is fine, violent is fine, even brutal is fine, but this was sort of hopeless until the deus ex machina, and I find that a little contrived. The first 20-24 chapters or so were a great start to a story of the redemption of a world, but then it was all resolved very quickly. Too quickly. 7/10.
HeartsGlow chapter 7 . 5/31
So...not as "broken" as I thought?
HeartsGlow chapter 6 . 5/31
I hope Hermione is not the slave. If she is, she and Harry will never have a future unless you are talking 20/30 years of therapy first as this slave's mind seems to be broken.
HeartsGlow chapter 3 . 5/31
He didn't tell Harry that Harry would lose a lot of power.
old-crow chapter 24 . 5/16
Hi,

I've frequently found that it's much harder to write the final 75 pages of a tale than the first 75.

Universal truths?

All the best,

Old-Crow
thonez chapter 28 . 5/12
Nice story
AnonymouslyKnown chapter 28 . 5/7
I really enjoyed this story. After a pause from fan fiction I needed more Harry in my life. I came across you're stories and am surprised and happy to read a story not done. Yes dimension and parallel universes have been but that it where the similarities end. yours was so captivating! You grew bored you say and I can understand that but glad you finished. I can't wait to read more of your work
Tomon chapter 28 . 4/27
Well, wizard may proven undeserving of magic but killing every magic creature out there? Also Harry was too willing to die even if Susan was waiting for him with their unborn child. These are two major points I really disliked about this story in the end.
On the other hand it was a dark universe and well written. I enjoyed reading it so while I'm not happy with the end it was a good story
Phyle chapter 28 . 4/24
Hey! I just read the 28 chapters of this fic in one go.
I just wanted to say that : as much as i hate the universe you described at the beginning, i really love what you did with it.
I guess it's easier when you don't have to wait for the next chapter to be posted!
Thank you for gritting your teeth and finishing this story!
Excellent story. Thanks.