Reviews for Harry Potter and Merlin's Reaper
Azrael38 chapter 28 . 11/29
I can tell that you lost enthusiasm for this just by the hurried way it ended. Maybe next time an outline would help so you know where you're going before starting.
Sam chapter 28 . 11/6
The ending was pretty lame since it was obvious that Harry could've killed Riddle any time he wanted and the Mist likely squibbed as many 'good' magic users as death eaters. Not really much of a 'win' if his kids will have to hide their abilities-their childrens' children, forgetting the struggle, will probably end up just as inbred and insular as the previous magical society.
Sleepygirl68 chapter 28 . 10/28
I liked your story.
It made me cry at certain points.
Don't have any criticisms to offer. Sorry!
I also don't usually review after each chapter, just not my style. Plus, I usually only read completed fics anyway.
So! Thanks for writing and sharing your stories with us.
kabir0399 chapter 1 . 10/10
andyjhorton chapter 28 . 9/2
strangely enough i was reminded of this story from another story discussing time travel. i enjoyed that story so much i had to come back and re read this tale. I read it in a single day and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Thank you for the great story that can be read over and over
Goose chapter 15 . 8/15
Anyone who plans on writing an AU that is dark should read this story. THIS is how you go about it. Not cheesy, but realistic within the bounds of the plot. Only halfway so far, but enjoying what I've read. You AUs are all unique, and that's a rarity on this site.

PS: Get to gettin' on that Distaff Side. Your other stories can wait lol.
OriksGaming chapter 28 . 7/31
Fun story. There were a lot of errors when you first started writing it, but it was much better after about a quarter of the way through. I really enjoyed the ending of the story. I've always had the opinion that if Voldemort took over and wiped out most of the non magicals, then finding a way to strip all wizards of their power would ensure that Voldemort didn't live past the age of about 100 and remove the risk of magicals taking over again. It was an interesting story. I was disgusted a little by some of it, mostly the raping, but thankfully, I was able to avoid thinking about it that much, and able to focus on the other parts of the story, most of which fascinated me. I enjoyed reading the story a lot and I'm glad I chose to read it, even though I knew from the description that it was a darker type of story.
R00ney chapter 28 . 7/30
Excellent story, and really enjoyed the Order and Chaos bits.
Anderfail chapter 28 . 7/25
Some of the changes to your original plan really didn't work too well in this story. Once you hit Potter Manor, the story basically fell apart and became more of a combination of random unconnected scenes that had little to do at all with the beginning of the story. It would have been one thing if you had developed some of the characters more early on, but the abrupt change in strategy and relationships really destroyed a lot of the original premise and flow of the story. You built up one thing for nearly 15 chapters and then changed direction completely, which really made the last 1/3 of the story a bit of a mess as characters that weren't developed came to the forefront and characters that were developed faded to the background. It made little sense and made for a discombobulated storyline.

Your premise was good and I enjoyed the dark apocalyptic scenario though. It's always nice to see someone actually show how bad Voldemort is rather than just treating him as a joke or plot device.
Anderfail chapter 13 . 7/25
I think a lot of the people complaining are those who don't truly understand the depravity and utter evil nature of people like Voldemort and the Death Eaters. Canon HP is a children's book so it never went into much detail about them, but it implied a lot of things. Rape, torture, genocide, etc. would be absolutely the norm for a world ruled by Voldemort. This is a realistic view into what would happen with a competent Voldemort and no one to oppose him. Is it horrific? Yes. Is it appalling? Yes, but this is reality. The Nazis, Imperial Japan, Soviet Russia, Communist China, the Mongols, Spanish Conquistadores, the Crusades, ISIS, etc. are all examples of exactly this type of behavior. The real world is not all sunshine and rainbows and sometimes terrible things happen to good people. It sucks that Hermione, Luna, and the others have been systematically raped but I think many are just not realizing how truly bad these people can be.
Markus Ramikin chapter 23 . 7/13
Excessive authornoting is excessive.

Good story, btw. Though I really would have liked more (or maybe "more than none at all") exploration of Ron being confronted with the memories of his alternative history. That is /interesting/ in a way few things can possibly be, and you totally skipped over it.
ex-ellent chapter 4 . 7/4
And Harry suddenly forgets he is a new reality ... that more or less killed it for me.
LadiesMan218 chapter 28 . 6/25
Fantastic story loved it very much, The ending was pretty good, hope you continue to write! Good Luck!
Simianpower chapter 28 . 6/14
This was well written. The ending did seem a bit forced, including the pairings, but it it was in general well thought out. I'm not sure whether or not I liked it, though. Dark is fine, violent is fine, even brutal is fine, but this was sort of hopeless until the deus ex machina, and I find that a little contrived. The first 20-24 chapters or so were a great start to a story of the redemption of a world, but then it was all resolved very quickly. Too quickly. 7/10.
HeartsGlow chapter 7 . 5/31
So...not as "broken" as I thought?