Reviews for Veiled
TheIceKingdomsPrince chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
GOOD STUFF!
duj chapter 1 . 5/28/2017
I've never liked this story, well-written and thoughtful though it is. I didn't review because I couldn't place why, but I think I know now. It's because their after-life is based not on truth but on self-love - how they see themselves, not how they really were. The worst mass-murderer in history could find himself whole and happy here, if he thought his crimes justified. So of course James and Lily, Dumbledore and co, are not troubled by cracks in the sky; they haven't the self-knowledge to recognise their self-righteousness as a fault...

(It bothers me too that Sirius is, in a sense, the most powerful here. That falling through the Veil was actually a reward - the biggest reward, for all eternity.)
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
I loved it! I can't wait to see what else you have to offer!
keerawa chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Oh, Severus. So cantankerous.

Thank you for the story!
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
Fascinating story. It is interesting, this spin on things. It is certainly very human of Lily to imagine she is still in any position to judge or look down upon Severus, but it still grates. Particularly when he must settle for it, given the hopelessness of any alternatives. One almost wishes for Harry to pass to the veil sooner rather than later and say, "Hey, guys, the man endured over a decade of mortal danger, torture, and widespread hatred. Maybe ease up off the judgment."
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
nice
Raeshi chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Interesting point of view of life in the veil.
rhiiminee chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Interesting and insightful.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Nicely done! Very insightful. Heaven for Snape is to be his own man again, thus the freedom of the wide open meadow.

I wrote a short one-shot on the same theme, but Snape didn't fare quite as well. It's "Snape's Great Adventure". It's a dark humor piece.

I don't like canonical Snape, but I do like the Snape in your stories. I favorited several of you other stories previously, but somehow I missed this one, so I'm correcting that now.
craizypet chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
interesting story, very interesting, rather fascinating to be honest!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Wow. I loved this so much. I really like the concept of the afterlife you wrote about. You did a great job writing Snape and I just..really loved this fic. Amazing work!
Silk and Shells chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Oh, wow. I love this story so muchhhh. :D
blossoming art chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I figured I'd take a look at your profile while waiting for the next chapter of Resolution to come out and found this gem. I've always wondered what Severus' after-life would have been like, and I certainly enjoyed reading your version of it. Well-written, as usual, and lovely to read. Thanks for sharing :)
Revina Aclarr chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
I loved this! Good afterlife fics are quite hard to find, and this was what I wanted. Oh, how I would love to be Sirius in this...imagine, I could hug people to annoy them, then disappear!
Emanon chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
While well written and original story, I don't agree with the general outcome. Dumbledore arranged for a child (Harry) to suffer, and manipulated him his entire life. Snape ensured that Harry suffered, as well as tormented, ridiculed, persecuted, etc. To get off with a pleasant afterlife is an insult to everyone who doesnt commit such deeds. I also have a big problem with Harry naming his kid after the two of them, but that's JKR's foul up, not yours.