Reviews for Return of the Key Sequel to After you'd gone
sarahtracuer chapter 22 . 7/6/2009
That was a good story. I would love for you to write a sequel were somehow Dawn came back but she could control her powers! At least think about it...
lkaplon chapter 22 . 8/16/2008
You might not think this is a great story, but I assure you it is! You had me on an emotional rollercoster the entire time, waiting on pins and needles for the next update. The ending was very dramatic. Although, I have to say, I'm left with a feeling of sadness. Part 21 was sad and its over, so that's sad too! I'm glad Buffy and Spike could share a laugh in the end and the last line was great. I'm a sucker for a happy ending, and even though a main character died, Buffy and Spike still got their happy ending which is awesome!
lkaplon chapter 21 . 8/16/2008
sniff, sniff

While I agree with your reasoning, it still made me want to cry! I didn't like Dawn in season 5, but by the end of season 7, I admired how much her character had grown. But I completely agree that something that's not supposed to exist is living on borrowed time and there surely should have been consequences (other than Joyce's death) since the spell hadn't been finished. Overall, good chapter!
Xeelia chapter 22 . 8/16/2008
This story is not only well written but emotionally moving. You brought through the emotions of all the characters very well. I can't help but think that Spike will still be haunted by the thought of killing his Nibblet though. Perhaps you could do a sequel where her spirit/ghost lets him know she is alright. Even if you don't this is a powerful story! Well done!
Xeelia chapter 21 . 8/16/2008
Heart retching! Poor Spike!
Rihannon chapter 21 . 8/16/2008
Wow, so this is tough, indeed. I gess now I realy have to know how this ends. Well done, girl. Looking forward.
PurpleIvy chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
I am impatiently waiting to see what happens. Gotta love the cliffhangers. Please update soon.
lkaplon chapter 20 . 8/2/2008
Thanks for the little bit less heartattack causing cliffhanger! Although I kept waiting for the announcer's voice saying, "Will Willow finish the spell in time? Will our heroic couple be reunited? Tune in next week! Same Buffy time, same Buffy channel." :)

I'll be waiting on baited breath for the next installment!
the psycho sour skittle chapter 20 . 8/2/2008
good god, are you tryin to kill me? lol
lkaplon chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Lord have mercy woman, you're going to give me a heartattack with these cliffhangers!

Update soon, pretty please!
Lisa Moravcik chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
I just read the first chapter and thought it was a great start. I can't wait to read more! You really got the personalities of the characters. Love the Buffy/Spike pairing.
RabidReject chapter 16 . 6/16/2008
Good stuff.
lkaplon chapter 15 . 5/27/2008
First let me say that this is a very interesting story and I'll be looking forward to updates to find out what is going to happen.

That being said. I have to say I absolutely hate this Sire/Childe claim thing you've got going on. Seeing as this is set after season 7 I'm quite certain that Buffy would have been strong enough to hold it together until they either got Dawn back or destroyed the key. I know that she had a little breakdown when Glory took Dawn in season five, but I think that everything she went through in seasons six and seven would have given her the strength she needed to hold it together. Admittedly a lot of this could come from my personal feelings on the subject, but even though Buffy and Spike fought, he never tried to dominate her like that (except for the whole attempted rape thing, which I'm choosing to ignore, 'cuz I got issues) and he would be even less likely to do so after the return of his soul.
lkaplon chapter 9 . 5/27/2008
I was going to wait till the end to review, but I had to review this chapter:

*Gulp* What! ONE happy chapter?

It was a beautifully happy chapter, though, if on the short side. Well, on to the rest!
RabidReject chapter 15 . 5/22/2008