Reviews for If You're Fond of Sand Dunes and Salty Air
ImTheNana chapter 11 . 6/7
I really enjoyed this story! I do love when stories show them all getting along. thank you!
Didine34790 chapter 11 . 7/24/2011
good story
Guest chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
This is hilarious! I love your writing style and the way you portray Richard and Emily. What was the uncomfortable image that came to Lorelai's mind when she saw her mother eating the banana? Or can I safely assume it's a dirty image?
Allison'sGirlfriend chapter 11 . 3/2/2009
Well darling, this was a wonderfully sweet story. I loved all the little details, I felt like I was at the beach. Your characterizations were again, just perfect. I can't believe how easy it is to hear the actors in your words. I also loved the idea that Lorelai was seeing how her parents really are as opposed to her negative perceptions. And a randy Richard is always a good thing. Your Emily is so spot on that I just want to kiss her. Well done, baby! Well done!
Allison'sGirlfriend chapter 3 . 3/2/2009
I really do love when you do steamy. Yummy!
Mag68 chapter 11 . 9/10/2008
I am so late to the party, but I have to tell you that I loved this story. It's so nice to read Emily and Lorelai both wanting to improve their relationship. I relly loved how accepting the elder Gilmores were of Luke and April. Thank you!
Loridhhp chapter 11 . 6/6/2008
Okay, I finally caught up and read this one too. It's awesome! The wonderfully loving and playful interactions between Emily and Richard were so refreshing. We didn't get to see that side of them on the show, but I always had a feeling it was there! :D I loved all the fun down at the beach, Lorelai, even Emily, taking candid photos, making s'mores...so much bonding going on! When Lorelai genuinely thanks her parents for inviting her, Luke and April for the weekend, it was touching. You could tell that it was a momentous experience for not only her parents, but her as well. This was well written, fun and a great jumping off point for the Emily and Lorelai series you and the Gilmore women are writing. Outstanding! :D
Mary chapter 11 . 9/29/2007
I would like to thank you very much for this story, I really enjoyed it and hope you write many more...the chapter a day was wonderful...only now what are we suppose to do...it was so nice to see everyone getting along...but I loved Emily and Richard and a glimpse of them not at home...hope you write more soon..
Mary chapter 10 . 9/29/2007
Loved Emily and Richard dancing in the moon light...also the tea and conversion on the patio...it sounded so peaceful and wonderful...that was a very enjoyable chapter...
DiehardJavaJunkie14 chapter 11 . 9/15/2007
I loved this story, so much. The family dynamic was great. I look forward to reading more of your work.

-Java
RiskaSG chapter 11 . 9/13/2007
Okay. I'm lazy. You don't hav to read on ;)

Oh, this was the perfect ending. Sighs. Do yo have to stop here already? Sighs once more. But it was really great. Third sigh. This chapter had an easiness which is hard to describe - at least in the end. The beginning, how Lorelai knocked at her parents door, how she thanked them and how Emily later confessed she's afraid something might happen and they'd get back to bad terms was sad. Sad and beautiful. Forth sigh. The end, the breakfast, the call of Rory and how they left, there was the easiness I'm talking about. I'm glad Rory had a cameo, just while reading the last chapter I thought of her and how great it'd be, if she'd be there too. Well, maybe the next time ;)

It's hard to say which was my favorite part of this chapter or the entire story. All the moments between Emily and Richard (especially the fact they took a break from social rules and modesty and all that stuff and just acted without thinking too much, if that makes sense) as well as Emily and Lorelai/Richard and Lorelai were great. You captured them and the change in their relationship wonderfully. Actually, I think, it might be what I liked the most: The fact that Lorelai and her parents are on good terms, that there's a new sort of understanding. In the end Lorelai even just bit her lip and agreed to be punctual for FND. If that isn't something ;)

The issue of the beach house beeing empty for nine months of course makes me hope you'll write about a winter wedding at Cape Cod. Or just anything else. It'll be hard to live without your daily updates from now on. Like rain forever.

Thanks for writing this story however. I enjoyed reading it a lot!

And I'm still thrilled ;)

Hugs, Franziska
morzsa chapter 11 . 9/11/2007
Hi OFG,

Thanks for sharing your brilliant story!

Despite, I've known from the very begining it would be "only" an 11-chapter story, I so got used to it and the daily updates, it will be hard to replace. So I hope that you are planning to write something soon.

Thanks again,

Katus
HNfan1992 chapter 11 . 9/8/2007
aw shame it's ended

it was a great story I really enjoyed reading it!

Looking forward to your next story, especially if it's about Luke and Lorelai!
Browndoggy03 chapter 11 . 9/8/2007
Yay! That was a GREAT ending!
gilmorefanforever chapter 11 . 9/7/2007
Great job! It was an excellent story.