Reviews for To Each his Own
karonkgb chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Well said, so do I.
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I can relate to Sheppard here.

Grief does not always mean wearing it on your sleeve

like some sort of badge of honor...

This was a great statement of that fact.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Oh God, this made me tear up. Such a good story.
LinziDay chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Wow! Very nice. Powerful. Great choices of songs... fitting. A unique take on mourning Carson- makes it one of my favorites on the topic.
drufan chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
I missed this one! Fantastic story. It really hits home and a wonderful way to mourn. Truly lovely!
Pocus chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
What a fantastic way for John to mourn. Great job!
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Sweetly poignant without being maudling. So nicely done.
Mellaithwen chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
me again. past the delightful squee of you writing John playing not only metallica but then wayward son and then sting and u2, is the wonderfully sad writing of John not wanting to drink and it taking so long to hit him. So well written, and so perfectly John. Excellent
JoyBean chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
A beautiful story! I felt the emotions the characters were going through. Great writing!
Kristen999 chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
This was really beautiful.

Writing A Sheppard that expressed emotions can be so tricky and you nailed it. He's private, reserved and I think his waiting to 'hit him' would bother him how long it would. LOVED how you took a little thing like the guitar in his room and expanded on it.

I could really see Shep expressing himself through music and his grief in that way. It showed a perfect way for him to mourn.

I wonder if all of Joe M's pics helped inspire this?
PrincessPatrice chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
I cried - It was great
Gwendolyn Rogan chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Having once considered myself a musician, I know how much music can effect a person and how much it can calm. Just putting every emotion in your body into a piece of music is incredibly powerful and you seem to understand that. Seeing John mourn through music, therefore, was wonderful and seemed very right for him. He just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would pass out from an alcohol-induced coma at the death of a friend. It's a very touching short and very well written; I enjoyed it immensely.
Dugleik chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Aww...that was so...Sheppard.
kiku65 chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Bloody Sunday? Appropriate.
Flowerhead101 chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
That was really nice. Music can be great like that.