Reviews for The Swindler
Annimire007 chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
In my opinion, there are not enough Innes or Joshua fan fictions around, and what you have here is truly spectacular. Innes and Joshua are my favorite Sacred Stones characters and having them both together is wonderful. They are both very much in-character and exactly how I would picture them interacting. I very much hope you will create more of these Innes/Joshua stories, as I feel they would work very well as friends and/or rivals.

Signing out,

Annimire007
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Beautiful. Very well-written, and the personalities were vivid and amusing. I especially liked Joshua's characterization of Artur The Dupe and Cormag's subdued reaction to the stray arrow. My favorite part was the power-trip dynamic to the interactions between Innes and Joshua, though, especially the "royal, princely business" moment. Having that second layer of meaning in the text made conversation between the Archer Prince and the Gambler Prince especially tasty. The moth idea was brilliant, too- never would've expected that.
QuikSylver chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Haha... Joshua had that coming, even though he is the best.

Excellent! *favorites*
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Wah! Wah wah wah -

You are love!

I mean, I love you!

That was awesome! At first, I was kind of skeptical, wondering how the heck you were going to build any kind of tension and make a satisfying conclusion... But wow... Okay, you proved yourself. Maybe I'm stupid, but I sure didn't see that coming. I love how Innes totally PWNED Joshua because Innes was just too smart to be manipulated like that. :3

Gosh I love you. Really.
Terenbas chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Interesting story.

Your characterization was good, and I enjoyed the viginette.

However, I think that, while the characters were portrayed well, especially in the little twist at the end, Joshua and Innes are a little too...soft in their characterizations.

Joshua and Innes, I believe are almost polar opposites of each other. Joshua is sarcastic, laid-back, and generally happy-go-lucky. Innes is strict, over-bearing, and arrogant.

Your portrayal was excellent, but it needed to go a little more toward those extremes. Joshua needed to be a little more sarcastic, and Innes a little more rapier witted with his arrogance. Just my personal and worthless opinion.

I actually don't really like the Innes/Eiricka pairing, mainly because I'm an ardent Seth/Eiricka fan. I can't stand the Innes/Vanessa pairing. I'm a firm believer (mostly) in opposites attracting :P. She goes with Forde. Innes and Vanessa are too much alike.

I think the Innes/L'arachel pairing is one the brilliant gems of SS. They're so humorously inconsistently arrogant. The pairing is brilliant.
DreyaCira chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Omigosh, so sorry I haven't reviewed! I read the first chapter of Somewhere Around Nothing quite a while ago, but that day the reviews were broken, so even though I wrote you a nice long one, it disappeared! And then I got caught up in all this college stuff...well, that's no excuse, so sorry!

Okay, let's just say that I loved it. I absolutely love Joshua, and I think he doesn't get very much attention in the game, which is sad because he is so cool. You got his attitude perfectly, I just loved his reaction to Innes's swindling, that would be just like him. The grammer and everything is fine, and your writing is interesting and compelling as always. Great job on the story, I really like it.
Ergo Ipso Facto chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Either Joshua or Innes, written well, makes for good reading, and both... well, suffice it to say that I enjoyed this immensely. You have a good voice for Joshua, especially in the beginning when he's looking for people to fleece, and the fic is funny in general. Nice work.
Kalisona chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Ah ha! Wonderful! :D

I love Joshua too ,and it was great to see him in action in one of your fics. (This brought to mind hiding in my bathroom, playing SS in the middle of the night until I finally got that A support between him and Natasha. _)

And Innes! . I love Innes too, and I always have, I'm not sure why. There's just something about him...*shrugs* Anyway, it was fun to see him swindle Joshua.

Once again (as always) it's beautifully written, with thought given to the characters, the situation, the setting and the grammar. (I think I could hug you for that. I'm a grammar nut, as I've said before, so to see an author who /cares/ is so nice...)

Oh yes. I feel I should let you know that my laptop, and my one source of constant internet, died recently. So, my only chance of reading your stories is actually only my Computer Programming class, and I'm not sure I'll be able to submit reviews from school. So until I get that fixed or get a new one, you may not see much of me. I'm sorry about that, and...Just pretend I sent you a babbling review of how much I loved the chapter! ;)

~Kali
13-Red-Cards chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Wow. This was pretty awesome. Overall, I love it. It's well-written, it's a good idea, and it's funny. To the favorites list!