Reviews for Inside the Box
hedwiggins chapter 12 . 11/13/2007
Is Chapter 12 the end of the story? I enjoyed it all the way through, though I think all you authors should give Sam a longer time between having babies. :-)
7 League Boots chapter 12 . 9/7/2007
ROYAL SQUEE-EE-! What a wonderful story- well, absent the angst, anger, abduction, and so on, but just wonderful to read. Loved how the episodes were revamped so convincingly esp the Edora and Maybourne ones. Good feel for the characters and their voices; pacing was well suited to the action/situations. Sam and Jack interactions - precious. Nothing's easy with those two!

Great fun, great read. Talent shows here. Thanks for sharing with us shippers!
7 League Boots chapter 8 . 9/6/2007
I just LOVE it when the calvary gets there in time! Gotta love Jack watching her tipsy six and tending her so nicely, cosily. Sam's well served by the wicked hangover and Jack's scold; what a close call for her! Daniel at the sight of her: priceless!
7 League Boots chapter 7 . 9/6/2007
*gulp* Well, Jack did do the right thing and all, but geez, Sam! I feel her frustration, esp when she couldn't really connect with Dad and Mark. But ow, girl, drunk and bar-hopping is just plain scary. Unnerving.
7 League Boots chapter 6 . 9/4/2007
Wow, terrific plotting. Loved 'naughty' Sam getting a little tickle when Jack restrained her in the mock SGC! Poor girl, 3 years without, that's gotta sting around a hunk like Jack. Glad he wasn't immune to her proximity. Bless Daniel for his comfort and understanding. His box must be well used but neat; he's quite open with Sam about his past traumas.

The progression of the attraction between Sam and Jack is really well depicted, all fitting naturally into canon. Famous last lines: 'what are we going to do?' Jack, are you saying about to blow a lid off Sam's box? Well, have to find out next time! Thanks, great reading so far.
7 League Boots chapter 3 . 9/3/2007
Hm. I was going to suggest naming Jacob's box the "Damn it, Dad!" box but luckily his Tok'ra joining mellowed me. I hadn't thought he was being manipulative onscreen at first viewing, but several reviews and fics have convinced me he was. Glad Sam saw through this as painful as it was, esp having to juggle her concern for his health. Wonderful visual of Jack comforting her in her house *sigh* The "box with the ribbon rattled away" - precious. Ah, Sam, let's hope that's a ring rattling away in your future!

Loved the team coming to be with her, the way the on-going missions fit in and Sam's dogged attitude to deal with her father's shenanigans.
7 League Boots chapter 2 . 9/2/2007
Bittersweet. Wow, thought Jack was moving in for the kiss, but ah, well too soon. Dad's box just doubled. Oh, and Jack's must have ballooned! Oh, wait. Thoughtful, angsty chapter for Sam, well done.
7 League Boots chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
What an intriguing concept: mental boxes containing the milestones of our lives. And as Sam observes, SG-1 must have loads of them. Her zero-ing in on Jack, well, she must have been watching him EXTRA closely to notice his odd sleep pattern. Well done capture of Sam's natural curiosity and her innate compassion that makes he want to help Jack somehow. "opened a box of Sams" - what a cute phrase! Nice beginning, I'm really curious myself now about all of Sam's (and the Team's) boxes.