Reviews for Burning Arrow, Wildfire Heart
WhatIsThisDefiance chapter 40 . 12/14/2017
"Death To All Who Oppose Me Mode" - probably my favorite part of this chapter. I always thought the casual sports games with superpowered characters were hilarious, and here you've captured this.

Anyway, I've been following this fic for a long time and I really love your witty dialogue and characterization. I commented way back under a guest review, but I finally bit the bullet and got my own account so I could try my hand at posting my own ridiculous fic. So, thanks for inspiring that!

And yes, definitely looking forward to seeing the final leg. Be well!
FlameUser64 chapter 40 . 11/16/2017
Do you feel bad for that reference you had Tails make? Like seriously, wouldn't Tails feel ashamed of *himself* for quoting that?
FlameUser64 chapter 28 . 11/16/2017
I just noticed an inconsistency here. You already used Speed Break a couple chapters earlier in the 'fic, with rather different mechanics.
Bluefish chapter 40 . 10/8/2017
Truly amazing, and finally got to chapter 40 (no sleep for meeeee) I really love how you write To in the story. And Sonic is sure pretty good at dancing around the truth. Keep it up!
scot flower chapter 4 . 9/11/2017
Um... Why would Sonic getting his quills sharpened hurt? Quills are made up of the same stuff as our hair and nails; it doesn't contain any nerves or blood vessels.
On A Happier Note chapter 40 . 9/10/2017
(Was previously Charm but I got an account now...)
That Terry Pratchett section was perfect with the themes of the Arabian Nights! Is it sad that after reading your fic I bought a copy of the book?
I've just started writing fics myself and this one was definitely a big inspiration. Keep up the good work!
ShenTang chapter 40 . 9/6/2017
I love reading this so much , please update , i still waiting for it.
zherzfeld1219 chapter 29 . 8/11/2017
You know, Shadow hasn't appeared yet. I wonder what role he wou-... oh, sweet country-fried christ crackers, no...
ShenTang chapter 17 . 7/20/2017
Love it
karl0336 chapter 40 . 6/26/2017
Its not even necessary to read your bio in order to see the hand of Pratchett. This entire self-aware literary world might exist somewhere on Discworld :). If only people with such vivid imagination (like you, (shameless praise is shameless)) worked on the game... but I suppose that's what fanfictions are for.

I do love your ability to bring these characters to life and give the story a sense of urgency. Even characters that I normally dislike feel so much more... filled with everything, with personality and emotions. Really good work!

On a sidenote, is Omega going to make an appearance in this story? He'd make a neat deus ex machina (you know... 'cause he's... he's a robot, and stuff. Funny joke there). I wonder what conversation a djinn would have with a rebellious robot. And how a sentient book would react to someone with flamethrowers in its arms.

Anyway, hope to see an update soon! :)
DAUNTEDSUPERIER chapter 1 . 6/7/2017
Well I'm bored and this looks like it will be quite entertaining for some time... Holy shit this story is turning 10 this year and still going, good on ya. That's determination right there but I'm concerned that the chapter/year average is 4... Oh well, if I wanted only completed stories then I would probably never read anything good on this site.

Lets do this.
Scarlet-Traveler chapter 4 . 5/31/2017
Haha! Writer's block. XD clever!
Liking the story so far!
Aoshi chapter 40 . 5/20/2017
Found your story by looking for something interesting to read... laughed my ass off from the very beggining. I fell in ove with it. I love how you are keeping the story alongside the game but giving it more meaning, deepening it. I am trully impressed, I have read some game based stories, some good, some bad, and this one is pretty great. The description and narrative are good, and the fact you keep them in character. (Enjoyed the Captain Shadow thing more than what I thought I would)
I will be waiting for another chapter, gonna read this till the very end. Thanks for writing!
Frozen Ventilator chapter 1 . 5/3/2017
Haha, "Hamster Hooey and the gooey kablooey"... I totally love that reference. :-).

This was a great first chapter, with an appropriate amount of mystery and foreshadowing. You actually did foreshadow the Sonamy parts later in the story! I didn't notice that in my first read-through. I really don't like the couple - I don't think Amy would fit Sonic's personality at all - but I feel like I can "tolerate it" more with proper foreshadowing. ;-) Like, maybe it happens in a parallel universe, where Amy is a little bit different?

Anyway, back to track: As I said, I really enjoyed this chapter, even the third? fourth? time I read this. There's just one major thing that bothers me now: The intro segment. I must say that I forgot about it when I read this story the first time. But when I read it again, I felt a little disappointed. I get that you wanted to create a tense atmosphere of mystery that makes us want to read on. It's just that I think the chapter in itself already does that. People disappear, a mysterious book... and we know nothing about that from the game! To me, the intro feels like it kinda eliminates the tension in the current chapters and gives us answers to some of the questions that drive the story forward later. We know that Sonic will survive to the final big battle, aka there probably won't be a dramatic pre-fight Sonic death where the others later have to heal him with the three wishes or something, (granted, I didn't think that would happen in the first place, but there's always a possibility, right? ;-) Or was) AND we know that Shahra's going to die (or looks like she does anyway), which seems to be what Solomon's cryptic remarks referred to. So, I feel like a lot of tension that could have been, is gone.

Of course, this could be entirely intentional on your part, and you just want to fool us. And, just to be clear, I still love this story - absolutely - and I'm really looking forward to the next update! :-)

~ Ventilator, your fan
Girlbook chapter 40 . 4/4/2017
Please update because it is very good.
1,131 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »