Reviews for Fair Game
TrueLoveIsHardToFind chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
WHY WOULD YOU APOLOGIZE FOR WRITING SUCH A BRILLIANT AND BREATHTAKING PIECE OF LITERATURE? this is by far one of the most epic one shots ive read in a while, made me cry. :'( amazing job!
ann chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
waw! really good!

its worth reading! :)
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
I find the second-person narration fascinating: it is very difficult to write well, but so far as I can tell you've pulled it off! I love at the ending that James seems to be able to be angry with Lily, even when confessing he loves her too. Perhaps you didn't intend it, but that was my impression, and I think it just illustrates how beautifully deep his love for her runs. I very much enjoyed reading this, and even if you don't seem overly confident with it in your author's note, I think you've done a fine job ) (and by fine, I don't mean sufficient, I mean... you know, the fine where you're insanely proud of yourself?)

Lexie
SunshineDaisies816 chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
I can totally see this as Lily. I think it was good! :-D
thestralwhisperer chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
really lovely
OnTheVergeOfExtinction chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
“You’re just damn lucky that I’m so hopelessly in love with you too aren’t you?”

That is one GREAT line!

I liked this fic; maybe not as hard-hitting and sharply written as it could be, but very good nonetheless. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
that was fantastic, your a very talented writer! the tense was beautiful and the emotion you put into the story was very touching and real. amazing!
sorrybut chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
not bad, but I don't like the view that it's told from.
messyblackhair66 chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
hmm i thought that was good. i do think lily is a bit more sensible than you've made her out to be, but it was well-written anyway. you should write more one-shots!
Hali-hat chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
God, that was so pretty. And touching.

And I really liked the way you present James. I wish I had someone like this James :).
reviewer girl chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
i really enjoyed your story! In fact, loved it! i liked how you wrote it using "you" instead of "she" or "I". very unique.

i feel bad for your friend. is she OK? i'd give you advice except for the fact that i'm kinda not a "Dear Mary..." kinda girl. here's a quote though: The easiest kind of relationship for me is with ten thousand people. The hardest is with one.

- Joan Baez
Augustus Snodgrass chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
I absolutely adored this! I think you did a great job. Fantastic, keep up the good work.
Mirry chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
That was really, really good! Especially as it's your first oneshot and you wrote it quickly... You should definitely write more like this :)
fahzzyquill chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
This was fantastic. Very real and raw. Incredible!