Reviews for At War
JolieBlack chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
This is wonderful!
Rebecca/Bois-Guilbert ist certainly one of the most intense relationships (or rather non-relationships, which makes it all the more interesting) in classic literature, and you capture that extremely well. The style is good, too - not parroting Scott's (which would sound utterly ridiculous to a modern ear), but refined and timeless, so to speak.
I also like your discreet way of expressing things: "She doubts that
he will force her, he has stayed his hand this long, but the lack of that particular fear leaves room for another,
more treacherous." That is so well said, so subtle.
And my favourite line, because it is at the same time very poetic and very much to the point: "Those you trample underfoot in the heat of battle, do they smile to meet their fate?"
Well done! Now I'm off to look if you've written any more.
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Gorgeous - like chocolate, dark and bitter... something desirable but not too sweet.

I love these little Rebecca/de Bois-Guilbert tasters of yours. They always leave me wanting so much more.
dulceInvierno chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
thank you so much, i've never read a fic of 'Ivanhoe' as good as this.

the way you describe and create the situation between rebeca and brian de bois-guilbert is perfect.

damn, it was really good

thank you, again, hope i'll read more of you
emmiswe chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
This was so wonderful! I loved the chemistry between Lynch and Hinds, Ciaran Hinds was So very intense in Ivanhoe. please continue this, you're Ivanhoe fics are so good!
Ellen Fitzwilliam Brandybuck chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
wow so very true, the bit about the war. You did a very good job of staying in character here, the dialogue could be mistaken for Scott's methinks. _ Thanks for sharing.
Queenofthorns chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
This was gorgeous! I love the interplay between Brian and Rebecca in this version of the miniseries - they were far more captivating than Ivanhoe and Rowena - and you've captured all of that, their fascination for each other, as well as their unwilling attraction. Sigh!
Sockdocka chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Wonderful. I love your Guilbert )
cutemara chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
I love your Ivanhoe stories! I keep coming back and reading them every so often, the world needs more of them! Thank you for sharing!
Sirikit chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Excuse me while I clutch at my smelling salts and FAINT.

GAH.

HOTNESS.

I think it's a particular and admirable skill to be able to write in this period's style while also making it modern. There's a maturity of POV; the sensuality is visceral, of the moment.

Props.
AinoHoshi chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
A really great glimpse into the relantionship of Guilbert and Rebecca; of all the characters in Ivanhoe they are my favorite. Personally, I consider it to be more their story than Ivanhoe's.
Gwinna chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Yay, another Rebecca/Bois-Guilbert fic! I like it very much (even though I still haven't seen the miniseries! must do that soon!). It really conveys in a short space the heart of their strange relationship, which is full of conflict, both with each other and within themselves. Hope you write more about them someday.
cobra judy chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Really marvelous closing passage. It sums up what fascinates me about the two of them: they're so precisely opposed in every way that only a force external to one or the other can tip the balance. The brevity makes the statement here the more effective. Wonderful!
white raven chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
As I mentioned before, sque! Beautiful drabble. Just makes me lust for more Guilbert/Rebecca, but I'm happy with this for now. ; ) This has to be one of my all-time favorite pairings and you do such a beautiful job with writing these two.