Reviews for 53
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
It's obvious that you're passionate about writing:) You have a way with words. Great story! I love dialogue; writing it, reading it and I enjoyed your story very much despite the lack of it:) Again, very well written and enjoyable.
GGjunkie33 chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Really, really cool fic! I really liked the amount of detail you put into the story, and I think you're doing a great job portraying Brennan's thoughts to us! That's an interesting storyline that I've never seen anyone do anything with before, so give yourself a pat on the back for originality! Great job! :D
krazegirl chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
O I love "Shadow of the Day" and Linkin Park.

While I find it hard to believe Brennan would willing take a vacation I think the location was perfect. A solid routine of life is good. Interesting how she sat through her father's trial.

Haha, love how and where they found Angela's husband. Aw, that's so sweet how Hodgins doubted himself but Angela came through!

Loved Brennan's reflection on needing to be loved, needing something more than the ancient biological. Haha, she waded into the ocean rather than think of Booth? She's got it bad. I liked how you dealt with Zack and Iraq, it seem you gave it more consideration than the writers. I still can't believe they went with "I didn't fit in. I came home." Lame!

53 cases solved. That's so great. Love how now they're redefining their partnership. Yes! Choose life, a future with your hot, hot partner and a relationship with your imprisioned father. So great! loved it!
bandbforever chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
This was such an original idea. I had never even thought about what could happen or what Brennan would be thinking after they solved enough cases to balance out the people that Booth had killed. You wrote this superbly and you managed to capture Brennan's thoughts really well. :)
jemb chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
This was quite different to your usual writing - there wasn't a single line of dialogue in the whole story. But for me that good. I liked the vibe of the piece - contemplative with a hint of hope at the end.

The fact that Brennan was basically at a religious retreat was a surprise and strange in a good way. She is very vocal on her religious beliefs and I can't imagine her going to a retreat to be involved in the religious aspect, but I can see her seeking out somewhere quite, beautiful and different to her everyday life so she can sit back and reflect on the massive life changing events in her recent past.

The way you tracked her thoughts was amazing. They seemed to flow from one to another and made prefect sense as I was reading them. I particularly liked that you didn't have the focus of her thoughts soley on Booth. Adding in a good amount about her father and what that means in comparison to the rest of her life was not only insightful, it was unique.

I haven't yet read any of the other CBPC entries (I really need to catch up) but for me this was a unique take on the challenge and certainly a good read.
Bella-mi-amore chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
wow! all I can say is wow. this is spectacular.
krisnina77 chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
This was a great little ficlet. I like that she escaped to the beach that is the perfect place to escape. It was a very contemplative fic and I loved how you wrote it. Great job! Oh and that song ROCKS!
BonesDBchippie chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
SORRY for the delay-had a internet problem! UGH!

** AS much as it pains me to NOT do a true review...alas, I must remain biased so...

THANX for your entry into this month's Cullen's Bull-Pen Challenge. Your ff has been read by official (sounds important huh!) August judge: BonesDBchippie. Good Luck! **

G :D
labsquint chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
I love this introspective look inside Brennan’s head. I thought for a moment that we had a totally AU future fic with Angela ditching Hodgins and running off with the rich guy in the tower, but in the end all was well. Whew!

It is interesting that Brennan, who always seems to be so sure of herself in her professional life, would hit such a wall after the 53 cases were solved. I confess to not being sure why their partnership would require re-defining at that point unless it is because Brennan saw that their partnership had to stay strictly professional until that moment. Her feelings for Booth are alluded to but even she can’t seem to fully contemplate it at this point. But in moving forward, the reader gets in the impression that she has given herself permission to allow their relationship to potentially change. Only time will tell when she returns to D.C.

I liked the way this fic was written. Brennan’s thoughts move from Max to Angela to Hodgins to Zach and then finally to herself, as if she has to consider her own life in terms of what is going on around her. The way it was written in long, expansive paragraphs contributes to the mood of relaxed contemplation and the seriousness of her thoughts.

Finally, I thought you closed off the piece very well. It reflected Brennan’s peace with her decision and tied her thoughts up very nicely: ‘The answer to all of her questions and fears seemed so easy now that she was willing to accept it. She knew what came after number fifty-three just like she knew what she could expect from the future-a second marriage, a brilliant fellow anthropologist, an eager hard-working partner, and a father to relate to even though he was in prison. In short-number fifty-four. In other words-life.’
willgirl chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Wow! That was incredible! I felt the whole thing, could see where she was so clearly in my mind.

You really got inside Brennan's head, I was intrigued about how she felt with everyone leaving her behind so to speak. And not wanting to acknowledge Booth is the one for her, but at the same time knowing she wants more.

And then the explanation of the 53 cases, brillant. I love how she seems unsure, almost as if she's afraid Booth is going to leave her like everyone else.

But the last paragraph was perfect, her working through her problems and feeling ready to go back and move forward.

All your stuff is fantastic, but this one, for me is one of my favourites. The characterization was dead on!

Loved it Lacey! Absolute perfection!
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
great shot. bones is so deap and sometimes predictable. at least she's going home to carry on with case 54 and life. well done enjoyed. look forward to others soon
PurplePicklesUnite chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Wow! Where do you get all these ideas from? They are amazing. All the descriptions of the ocean and Brennan's thoughts about all the squints are very realistic. You really know how to get inside her head!
Amasayda chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
My, my, my ... you seem to come up with a new story every minute - :-) Good for us, I guess, and impressive, to tell the truth.

This one-shot was really mind-blowing and it showed yet another time that you're really talented. A writer, who has the ability to describe someones inner feelings and reasonings so acurately deserves my fullest admiration. Truly. Every time I think, now I know her writing style, you seem to amaze me with even wider facets of your talent. :-)

Thanks again ... and keep this gift!

Kat
fanofbones chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
This was so visually beautiful...the descriptions of the ocean, the sun setting, the water and the waves...and especially Brennan's mind and the way she thinks...superb indeed...I'm a little envious of the way she is written...she goes over the problem..weighs everything and magically comes up with the right answers...oh if life were only that simple all the time for everyone...

As I'm reading, I get the feeling that on a couple of the paragraphs...I was reading about your choices and what the future holds for you...I'm just sayin...:)

and loved the 53 and what it represented...well done...pure magic I tell ya...

hugs

fab

have a slammin day chica...its Friday
squinter chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Wow. That was a really deep story. It really made me think. :) I especially liked this line:

"Maybe then she'd still be content with time monotonously flowing from one day to another like breaths of air rhythmically being drawn in and out of her lungs, reminding her she's still alive."

All in all it was a very calming piece of writing. And I've never actually thought about that concept of the cosmic balance sheet that they discussed in the pilot. It must've just slipped my mind. But of course Brennan would keep track of a thing like that. :P

Off to read chapter 8 of DtCMB.

squinter