Reviews for The Wake of A New Beginning
ChristinaAngel chapter 3 . 9/8/2010
I actually cried at this. That doesn't happen with a lots of books/fanfiction but at Harry's speech, I couldn't stop. Him remembering everyone even the Death Eaters and Voldemort who died as well as Regulus and Voldemort's family was so just very Harry. I love the plans they have for afterwards and how Andromeda and the Malfoys are starting to rebuild their family bond.

There were a few Britpicks (like diaper instead of nappy) but they didn't detract from the story. Thank you for writing this.
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 3 . 12/9/2008
This is a beautiful story.

You did what I wish Rowling had done in the 7th book, wrote a realistic and touching end to the fight against Voldemort.

The way you portrayed every relationship was flawless, and I liked the fact that you emphasized a need for understanding the darker side and truths of war.

Everyone was very much in character, the Dursleys, Weasleys and Malfoys, all were well written and very much like they were in the books.

Thanks for sharing this story, you are a gifted writer.
Thunder Demon chapter 3 . 5/9/2008
I enjoyed reading your story. It was excellent. Granted, the emotions ran high, but that is perhaps how it should be.

"We lost two of our own. But forever they will live."

Thank you. Thank you for writing this, as making it well. It is hard to express how grateful I am.
Winter's Light chapter 3 . 2/22/2008
This fic has made me cry several times already. Bittersweet indeed. But we can always look up for tomorrow. Great fic.
ForeverinMoonlight chapter 3 . 9/17/2007
*applauds* That has to be one of the best Battle of Hogwarts fics I've read so far. Great job!
BlindingFirefly chapter 2 . 9/8/2007
I liked all the stuff with Snape very much, especially his funeral. Very good.
BlindingFirefly chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
I love this! I can't wait to read the next chapters. Excellent work!
David305 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Nice story, though I'd recommend getting a beta reader.

Proudness is not a word; the word you want is pride.

Alright is not a word. In all cases, it should be All Right.

"Dumbledore was the greatest wizard of all time." Virtually everyone would say that Merlin was the greatest wizard of all time, while Dumbledore was the greatest of modern time.

"The name alone feared the wizarding world." Fear as a verb is not used that way. You might say "The name alone was feared by the wizarding world" or, better, "The name alone frightened the wizarding world." (The way you're using it, it sounds as though the name is afraid of the wizarding world - which does not make sense.)

Tenses:

"He turned his thoughts to Ron and Hermione. They've been with him since the very beginning." You want "They'd," not "They've."

"They deserve each other, they belong with each other." You want the past tense: Deserved, Belonged.

"They would have years to be with each other. They have a future together." You want Had, not Have. Have is present tense. Had is past. Your story is written in the past tense, which is proper for a fiction narrative; but you can't switch the action back and forth between past and present tenses. Switching tenses is one of the most common symptoms of confusing writing.

'This is going to be even more weirder than it already is,'

It's either more weird or weirder. Not more weirder.

Keep it up, cheers,

David
leaving now chapter 3 . 9/4/2007
(wipes tears away with back of hand) So sad, but so good! One of the best stories in this fandom. Well, thanks for sharing it.

Padfoot
leaving now chapter 2 . 9/4/2007
It's very good, very cannon.

there is some mistakes to fix, though

Ron shouldn't be able to speak parsle tongue he's not a parsel mouth.

The willow should atack, and there is more things, I suggest going back through.

It's really though.

Padfoot
wingnutdawn chapter 3 . 9/4/2007
Excellent storyline. It fills in what was missing between the last two chapters of Deathly Hallows very well.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 2 . 9/1/2007
Love the fic. -cry-

Why, why Rowling! Why did u have to kill Severus? He was my favorite character... Why?

Anyway. update.
wingnutdawn chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
excellent story. I am looking forward to reading the second part.
leaving now chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Wow! Excellent! Very good story, and very canon! You do have some spelling and grammar mistakes, though.
AlmostLover17 chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
OMG! Love it! I can't wait till the next part! It's like reading the book all over again!