Reviews for All I Needed to Hear
PipkinTwo chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Wow, it was a fantastic read! Aw, wish i had someone who would help me like that! Will have to give this to the kids and hubby to see how I need TLC when I get a migraine! Really nice story.
pignapoke chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
This was beautifully written. Even the simplest problem between the Winchesters-a recurring problem, nonetheless-has given the reader a raw form of brotherhood. This is amazing, kudos.
kaymarie00 chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
I... oh how I adore you! This is amazing!
Touch of the Wind chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
Cute
kokomocalifornia chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
As a frequent severe migraine sufferer it makes me so jealous that I dont have a Dean. Ha. Thanks for some helpful ideas too!
jessica chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
OMG! I LOVED IT! AW! I would have squeeled if it wasn't for me being in a library, lmao. But I loved it!
eye4u chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
OMG! Its so heart warming, too much brotherly love!

Protective and caring Dean, he really has a personality to go to this level, I agree though he would not go to touching Sam's feet! haha!

Nice concept! This is one of those times that Dean used the internet wisely!

Cheers!
Hope Calaris chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
That was so cute I melted ... it had everything I love in a fic of Supernatural. Brotherly bonding, caring Dean, hurt Sam ... thanks for sharing.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Really enjoyed this story! I TOTALLY love the comfort that Dean provides and it delves into how Dean has always been taking care of Sam and that despite all he's going through, he puts Sam before his own problems. I especially love that Dean tells Sam that he's not going anyway. There's a sense of ache that comes from knowing that 9 months later, Dean would be leaving and in a way that would be devastating! There's something elemental about knowing that the comfort Dean provides Sam just by his presence alone could be taken from him so cruelly. I felt that ache! WONDERFUL!

Fav. parts:

So that left Sam, frustrated and angry, in the face of his brother’s apparent willingness to meekly go like a lamb to the slaughter, knowing full well that he was the reason Dean was willing to sacrifice his life in the first place; knowing that Dean had disturbed the balance of things by offering up his very soul in order for Sam’s life to continue.

- Beautifully said!

That was a big part of the problem – any time Sam got himself anywhere close to a state of relaxation, he’d start thinking about Dean and the deal; his frustration and anger would cause him to tense up and soon he was right back where he started – a six foot seven whimpering ball of pain.

-I can so see the stress of the knowledge of Dean's contract coming due would give Sam migraines. It's the kind of brotherly connection and caring that makes perfect sense!

The distant sound of crinkling cellophane distracted Sam until he realized that whatever it was that Dean had purchased, he was taking it out of the bag and unwrapping it outside of the room. If Sam had ever had an inclination to kiss his brother’s feet, it would’ve happened right then.

- I LOVE this compassion towards Sam's comfort Dean shows. It's wonderful to see Dean's caring here. It's such a little detail, but SPEAKS VOLUMES!

“Listen Sammy, you need to move.” Sam instinctively tensed up. Dean quickly corrected himself. “I’ll do all the work, Sammy. You’re already more than halfway there.” Without giving Sam a chance to think or respond, Dean shifted. Leaning across Sam’s back he circled Sam’s chest with his right arm. Lifting with his right arm, Dean simultaneously pulled Sam’s left arm under him until it was free. In a matter of just a few seconds, Sam was flat on his belly and he never had to move his head.

“Okay, Sammy. That’s it. Just catch your breath.” Dean’s hand rested on Sam’s back with his thumb on the nape of Sam’s neck. The solid pressure helped Sam regain his center. “I looked up some stuff on-line about how to deal with migraines. Some of the info looks pretty solid, but we have to see what works.” Even in the state he was in, Sam was reassured by Dean’s babbling. Dean always had a tendency to talk when he was administering first aid, particularly if the injury wasn’t life-threatening and Dean hadn’t been injured himself. It gave Sam some weird kind of assurance that there was a light at the end of this particularly painful tunnel.

- Again, just WONDERFULLY compassionate. I love that just his brother's touch could bring comfort.

“You’ve got to let me know if I’m hurting you, Sam. I don’t want to make things worse.” This time Sam did manage to work his right hand free of the pillow he’d been clutching to his face and give Dean an okay sign. Dean continued working the muscles of Sam’s neck. It was painful, but Sam didn’t think it was wishful thinking that was making the headache recede. In that moment, Sam was overcome with gratitude. In his whole life, no one had taken care of him like Dean.

But if they didn’t do something, Dean would be gone in nine months.

-LOVED THIS PART! And I sobbed at the knowledge that no one had taken care of Sam like Dean and fearing losing him was heartbreaking!

As soon as Sam’s thoughts took that turn, all of the tension and pain slammed back into his neck and head. Sam knew that Dean could feel it, and he was certain that Dean would know the reason why. It broke Sam’s heart - all of this effort Dean was putting in, all of the effort he had put in over the years – was it really possible that it was going to end like this? And now, Sam had gotten so far past the point of being able to address the issue that he was totally incapacitated by his own thoughts and tension. How the hell was he going to fix this?

Sam knew there was no fix for it. Not that night, in that dark motel room. But there was a fix for Sam’s migraine; so that’s what Dean did. He fixed Sam. And Sam let him.

- Again, SOB!

Although he was quiet and he was no longer kneading Sam’s shoulders, Dean kept a hand on Sam’s neck. Sam took the risk of moving and reached behind his head with his right hand to lay his hand on top of Dean’s. With what little strength he had, he gave Dean’s hand a squeeze. Thank you.

That touch from Sam was all Dean needed to know that the worst was over. He gave Sam’s neck a gentle squeeze in return. “Get some sleep, Sammy. I’m not going anywhere.”

It was all Sam needed to hear.

- Okay, still sobbing!

Great story!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Oh *gulp* that was lovely... I'm a pile of pliant goo at your feet... God, I swear I started to get a headache right along with Sam there. Pity we can't all have Dean come and dispense a little - er - aromatherapy...
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Aww, lovely. I wish I had a Dean for whenever I have a migraine.
november winds chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
That was really well written. I loved it :D
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Aww this was such a beautiful story and a great read... straight to my favorites.

So sweet of Dean, and I loved your descriptions for Sam
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
This was an amazing fic. Very showed their love for each other in a wonderful way. You even had me crying in the end! Great work!
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Aw that was so well written. Love the bro moments.
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »