Reviews for Promise
Dominus Tenebrosus chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
So I've seen Rurouni Kenshin, but it's been a good many years, and I don't think I ever finished it. So... Hm. We'll see how that affects this. XD

Rolling Commentary:

On your A/N: You should write more het. :P Just an observation. ;) And dang, she dies in canon? Hnngh.

"He sits at her" -Hnngh. Feels, man. And special mention to the white yukata... Good call, that, considering the cultural association.

"the key all along." -And then, too late... Nnngh.

"He does not understand," -And here, I find myself wishing I was more familiar with the canon. I'm sure that would mean more to me if I were.

"Now he was the" -Again, good choice with the white association, whether or not that was all canon or not. Either way... Yeah. Ouch, again.

"he had been spared." -Hrm. Does it count when one would have rather been the one to go, I wonder?

"He did not think so," -I feel like, maybe, that would work better as "He didn't used to think so," but, well, that's me. Take it or leave it. :)

"Katsura comes to pay" -And it's making us sad too. :(

"you to believe that."" -Heck of a way to go about it... :(

"cause." He says, finally." -Again, I curse my lack of canon knowledge, and ask, "what cause?"

""But I will never" -...Tricky. I guess though, that under the circumstances... Well, I wish him luck. But... Ouch, man.

"her any more pain." -Cripes. Feels, man. :/

General Thoughts:

Man. I'm not even sure what to say, now. That was depressing. Like... ALL THE FEELS, man. I don't even know what to say to it beyond that.

I will offer kudos to your ability to instill those feels, though. That's not easy to do, much less in so short a story; even if it is longer than your average one. :P

Good, if depressing, stuff. :)
The Bitter Kitten chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
[She is the image of life still trying to desperately cling to a body that lost it days ago.]

This line just kills.

[All of his sadness has been reserved for her and her alone.]
As does this one.

[And after Katsura leaves and he is all alone with her again, he promises her over and over.]

And this.

There's such depth to the emotion here and Kenshin's devotion is just heartbreaking. It sums Kenshin up perfectly. I wish I could say more about it, but I really loved this.

Super well done.
Nessa Blade chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
-licks it- I love it! Nice to see some Kenshin around. And yes it has been done to death but like the reviewer said before me, Everyone has their take on it and each take is still interesting. Mucho amor!
misaoshiru chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
This is going to sound so incredibly dorkish, but...KxT wins so many internets. As do you. Yes, this has been done to death, but every writer has his/her own contributions to it. Also, just seeing something remotely decent with the pairing is enough to make my day and/or night.

As for typos...I didn't notice any. Admittedly, it's almost three A.M. and I wasn't looking particularly hard. The only error I found was "fiancee" in place of "fiancé," and that's a common error, really. Both fiancé and fiancée originate in French, and a common way of changing a noun from masculine to feminine in the aforementioned language is by adding an e on the end. Therefore, Yukishiro Tomoe was Kiyosato Akira's fiancée, and Akira was her fiancé. But, enough language geekery... XD

With regard to the manga: I recommend it wholeheartedly if you haven't read it. The whole manga is great, but I love the part the OVA is based upon. I mean, the OVA is great...it's gorgeous, visually, and the voices are wonderful...well, in the Japanese, anyway. But, imo, they rely too much on obscure symbolism. Intellectually, it's fun to try to figure out what the flying fish they're trying to say with various scenes, but it loses some raw emotion from the manga that I find truly endearing. But, to each their own, and I know there are some people who love the OVA but aren't crazy for the manga.

Wow. I ramble a lot. Anyway, this was very nice. I'm always glad to see more good writers out there churning out KxT. (Lord knows any pairing gets more than enough idiots...ick.)

~misaoshiru
rogueclipse chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
I love it! Especially the beginning..it was great XDD

Now hurry up and post something else! *strikes whip*

Some more unnatural het hehe

Or maybe not