Reviews for Family Reunion
KaNugget chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Okay, I know you wrote this over a decade ago, but I read it and I thought it was really good. I don't usually like OC because of their Mary Sue and tendencies but you really made a real character with Mara. She does come off as whiny and "oh poor me the world is out to get me," but I think that's perfectly in character for a teenager. Most authors write characters that are apart of themselves, the trick is to write a character that readers can associate with. I felt like I could really relate to Mara, even if she is a superhero. I had teenage angst, an annoying brother I fought with constantly and parents who ignored me unless they wanted me to do something or lecture me. I felt the world is was out to get me and the cosmos were aligned against me. But what teenage girl doesn't feel that way.

You made a real character and placed her in another universe and made it your own. And you did a great job doing it. Well done! :D
ko chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
me likey
Terhwa chapter 1 . 12/16/2002
I've read about a dozen Mara stories They are all brilliant. You REALLY REALLY should try and pitch this as an Elseworlds series to DC. You've got it all mapped out already it would be awesome!

I can bet someone there is reading this stuff. Keep it up dude your characterisation's are brilliant, you've got "our Bat" down to a tee, and Alfred, Dick, Barbara, are all in keeping. You are weaving a fine tapestry here playing around with the characters on a par with Smallville and Birds Of Prey. I look forward to reading more, better yet I look forward to picking up your first issue with a DC Comics emblem.
Kathryn Angelle chapter 1 . 2/2/2002
*applause* You write the best Batman fics I've ever read- I really like Mara. Jimmy is a jerk *contemplates throwing something at Rogue Knight, but decides her big brother isn't worth it and goes on writing review* Other than your -very- witty writing (and Mara, who is cool) you have Batman -right-. Lots of people don't and it drives me berserk. So, I downloaded Maraverses 1-10 and blazed through them; have you considered going professional? There has to be a company somewhere that publishes Batman alternate universe fics. Ah, I go to review some more.
Jason chapter 1 . 12/2/2001
Grate story!

I liked the hole thing and I normally avoid angst because its well, sad. But I liked this a lot keep writing!
Crash chapter 1 . 9/26/2001
Nice, but it had more angst than you can shake an 'X' at. Almost depressing. Maybe thing'll be better in book II.
Brendan Storm chapter 1 . 9/18/2001
Finally found the first of these Maraverse fics.. LOL, talent, much talent. And the blond spikes... yeesh.
E Kelly chapter 1 . 9/17/2001
This story is wonderful! I am so impressed - rarely have I read such a well-written and fully realized future reality for the Bat-clan. It's incredibly funny and I love the characterizations - somehow all your own and totally authentic at the same time. Can't wait to read the rest of the Maraverse. Excellent work!
Tannim chapter 1 . 8/26/2001
Great story. The lives of the bat-clan made somewhat normal! Way past kewl! I'm hoping to hear more from Mara & Co.
Kendall chapter 1 . 8/24/2001
This is a great fic. It's extreamly well written and it doesn't fall into any of the usual batfic traps. Keep up the great work.
razor-flavoured candy chapter 1 . 8/22/2001
Excellent story as usual, Reichenbach. Creating original characters is a dicey practice in fanfic - they tend to come across as unbelievable or Mary Sue-ish, but Mara was wonderful. She had faults, strengths, self-doubts, and realistic concerns. I loved this story, and I hope to see more of Mara in the future.
Flaria Dallian chapter 1 . 8/21/2001
Excellent! I love teen-bat-angst! Are there sequels in the works, or at least more stories in this continuity?