Reviews for Flavor of the Month
anon chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Haha, love this! You're a great writer, all of them are in character, and you feel the atmosphere. Nice twist at the end too :)
IntoxicatedCirculation-xo chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I really should leave a well written review for this, but I'm tired and I don't feel like it. Sorry.

What I will say though is that I thoroughly enjoyed this. :)
Nerds United chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
The rotters probably deserved it, and I mean that in the fondest way possible.

Well done. The piece has closure, humor, and good characterizations! Wonderful work!

For some reason, I have always loved Snape. He just cracks me up. Like in the fifth book when he says: "You have no subtlety, Potter... It's what makes you such a lamentable potion maker."

Something like that, anyway.

Great fic!
Roland Trask chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
This was a very sweet story, I enjoyed it :) The characters were spot on, and I loved your descriptions of the scenes and the character's actions. And i liked the twist ending! You're a talented writer.
Tarlea chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Teehee! How cute! This was adorable.

I loved your description of the mauraders going school shopping. I love seeing characters we love doing ordinary things.

And the ending was such a cute twist. I felt sure that the boys were going to get Snape, not the other way around. Your building of suspense was expert, and I was completely surprised by the ending. Made me giggle, it did.

[By the way, I wanted to say thanks for your encouraging reviews of The Memoirs of James Norrington. I'm so pleased you are enjoying it. As for the medical inaccuracies, thank you for calling me on that. It may be some time before I go back and fix it, but I shall just have to make my surgeon far more ignorant than he currently is.:)]
SylvaDragon chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
What a great twist at the end, totally unexpected, very funny.
Mary Gooby chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
This was funny!
Avindara Nirvene chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
hahahahahha :)

Adorable. Seems very in-character(as far as I can tell, heh)

I love the casual start - with other people's names and dialogue (Oh dear, I'm not a very good reviewer)

Oh, Snape has mastered Leglimens then! (Or maybe he can just tell from their expressions...)

This is brilliant xD

a.N
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Oh, that made me laugh. I don't like Snape, but I'm glad he got the better of the Marauders for once - they deserved it (or James and Sirius did, anyway). Liked the lipstick on James' face, and the use of the immortal line "Are you a wizard or what?"
Padfootatheart chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Oh my...what a mind-reading, greasy bugger!

I love this though...the mood you created was fantastic, really I was started to feel exhausted from the *heat*...and our air conditioner is running!

I liked how Sirius and James had the same idea...they understood each other without a word spoken (I have a friend like that, so I know what kind of trouble that can ensue)

The way you fit Snape into this was great...lol, i could see him flinging the cherry with a watchya-gonna-do-about-that-btch look on his face...i laughed hard at that one!

Anyway this was very entertaining and showcased your talent for creating a mood and molding characters perfectly

Paddy

P.S. Nice to see you at the RL
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Oh, what a load of fun. Excellent work. Particularly loved the ending - not predictable in the slightest, and it's kinda nice to see the boys get some just desserts (excuse the pun!) )

You characterised them well, particularly Sirius. I did notice a lack of an apostrophe in a 'won't' somewhere in there (yes, i know, teensy detail, sorry!) and apart from that, the only piece of concrit that I can offer is that your descriptions are often filled with tautologies, which are a little unnecessary.

Anyway - I loved the carefree atmosphere of the story - and my favourite line would have to be the matter-of-fact "Ah, strawberry surprise it is, then," from james. Really well done, and lots of fun!

Maraschino cherry divine

Lexie
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
woohaha! love this. Love it to bits. Very sweet, and really funny, especially at the end :)

OK. *deepbreath* I usually have a bit of concrit in my reviews, there might be some here, dunno yet. If you don't like it you can ignore it, or write back and yell at me if you must (I don't mind, I just like recieving mail) don't feel bad though, because overall this is a great story, nice idea adn very well described, I could sort of see it all happening in my mind.

"he saw Snape touch Lily’s arm briefly as they talked together in the slowly moving line." Aww. I always see Snape as a sort of completely-hopeless-vaguelly-stalkerish figure where him and lilly are concerned. You've got their relationship nicely here. (and snapes character is great, a little ...reactive though. I see him more defensive. Maybe they did something to him recently and he decided to strike out before they got him first).

The Marauders are perfect. Sirius especially and I like your Peter too, far to many people draw him too ridiculously evil.

Potter and Black relationship is great :)

Well done, good story. Also well done for getting the challenge finished. Have you stuck the link for this up on the challenge response thread yet?
purtyinpink71121 chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Hahahaha!

That ending with the Maraschino cherry was brilliant! This whole story was really well written and just downright funny!

Poor James and Sirius... and I bet Lily was laughing her butt off when she saw what had happened, haha.

This was a great story!