Reviews for The Price of the Future
juniper red chapter 32 . 2/17/2011
This is an incredibly brilliant story. I could go on to list all the ways it is brilliant (and there are many) but I suspect that would be rather unhelpful in providing more ideas for the story. So, questions: How is Baki handling this? Does he know that his Kazekage is dead or have the sand trio sent clones to take their places for the time being? Danzo is suspicious and starting to move; what implications does that have for Root? Also, what happened to Zabuza and Haku? Do Naruto and Sasuke know about Root? If they do know about Root, Haku would be a perfect undercover recruit (except for the whole killing people thing). How did they deal with Danzo in the future? It seems as though they must have for Naruto to be Hokage, but considering Danzo's support system that must have taken extensive doing, possibly to the extent of the hell-in-a-handbasket scenario that they came back to avoid. Or was that all Orochimaru's doing? Speaking of the sannin, is Jiraya going to pop up again? This is around the time that he appeared in the original exams, though Naruto doesn't exactly need him for training anymore. Is Orochimaru still going forward with his original plan, or is he adjusting and looking for more outside allies, Danzo perhaps? Or some idiotic clan head who thinks he can bring the traitor to justice and peace to Konoha by following the traitor's plan and then betraying him? Also, what's the story with Itachi? From what has come up so far, it seems as if he is actually shmucky and not just a stained hero the way he was in cannon, but in that case how does he fit in with Danzo and Madara? The answers to Iruka's questions implied that Madara was still responsible for setting the Kyuubi on Konoha (and many points to you for the characterization of Kyuubi - that was quite marvelous) but so far Naruto and Sasuke don't seem to have made any plans around Madara. Are they just too concentrated on Orochimaru, or did they not deal with him very much in the future? Is it Itachi that Sasuke wants to kill? (I confess I almost thought it was Kabuto at the time because of the four fingers and eyes, which I translated to "four-eyes"). On a smaller level, is Neji still being an idiot, not yet having been subject to Naruto's special brand of therapy? And also, how is the Hokage going to react to Sasuke's new skill in shunshin or, for that matter, the whole ball of wax about Naruto? It seems like Naruto as Hokage had/has much tighter control of his troops than Sandaime has. Possibly because it seems like Naruto became Hokage in or just before a war, but Sandaime lived through several. Shouldn't he be at least as paranoid as Kakashi?

Sorry for the huge block of mostly question marks, but I hope that helps give you some ideas or new thoughts about the story. It really is quite brilliant, both in plot and character development, and it would be a shame if you stopped writing it. That being said, thank you for what you have written so far. I have a lot of fun reading stories in general, but I have rarely had as much fun as I have reading this.
shadywon08 chapter 32 . 2/13/2011
Wow! i am in LOVE with this story. I really want to see what happens next right now but i guess thats impossible... but will the konoha 11 meet sai? time travel fics often leave him out of the fun :( also will they still have their shippuden abilities? it wouldnt seem right without sakura with her super strength and chouji not expanding various parts of his body to ridculous proportions ( they all would be so col w/ their canon abiliies PLUS the skills they're gaining now)
Caligo Origuu chapter 32 . 2/12/2011
Don't give up on the story! I love it! There aren't enough great time-travel stories out there and I was so excited to find that all three boys went back together. What are they going to do to Danzo? Is the invasion still going to happen?
Jazz Line chapter 32 . 2/12/2011
An awesome build up~ It makes me anticipate what's going to come up next and tempted to not learn my mandarin spelling or do the homework I'm supposed to do...Eheheh...*scratches the back of my head*

By the way, enthusiastically isn't spelled as 'enthusiasticly', just to point that out. Not that I can berate you, since I often do the mistake of misspelling the word as well. Although, the story is a great piece and I love how Gaara seems disappointed initially when his siblings were in terror of his sand, but actually took the offered seats. :D.

Eto...Best of luck to your upcoming chapters!

-# Usagi-Tama
werd me chapter 32 . 2/9/2011
cool this storys awesome
Akiri chapter 32 . 2/7/2011
Wow. I'm addicted. Instead of writing my essay paper I read your story. I think I enjoyed the time I read the story then the time I would be writing that essay. Keep up the great work and please getting to good to be drop in my opinion.
xBud chapter 31 . 2/6/2011
Please come back..This fic is amazing!
Electrified by Evil chapter 32 . 2/1/2011
So I apologize for not reviewing every chapter as I read it. But I only review on the last chapter posted when I like a story enough. Need to get to the next chapter quickly, ne?

As for the plotline... that's up to you what way it goes. But if you wanna bounce ideas off me, or brainstorm, feel free to PM me! I'm more then willing to help. I really don't want to see this story abandoned :(
Chixue chapter 32 . 1/30/2011
I'm loving the way you're building up Hinata's character! I don't think I've ever seen another author pair her up with Anko. And I'm rather happy that Haku and Zabuza are still alive! I've always loved their characters and hated how things ended up with them.

Thoughts and comments on the story:

I think some more details about how Neji was convinced might be good to add as well. At that point in time, he was a complete jerk and I really can't see him just AGREEING to join up with the rest of the rookies. If I remember correctly, he barely tolerated Tenten and Lee, despised Hinata and the Main Branch.

Introducing Jiraiya to the story might be useful as well, since in canon he was introduced during the month long break between the prelims and the actual 3 round of the Chuunin exams.

Another aspect you could add is Tsunade and Shizune. Sakura could be a real powerhouse given enough time with Tsunade's medical techniques and Kurenai's genjutsu. Sakura was originally a genjutsu type but put that to the way side when she started training with Tsunade. And goodness knows, Naruto sucks at genjutsu and Sasuke's probably only good at it because of his Sharingin.

On another note, I really hope you'll find inspiration to up-date this soon! It would be a real shame for such an awesome story to die!
Furionknight chapter 32 . 1/30/2011
I look forward to more :)
heather XD chapter 32 . 1/16/2011
btw cant wait till you add pervy sage I miss him! :( but add lik both of them failing they cnt b all heroes but TRY to keep Jiraiya alive he too good lolz I luv imagining in my head them all acting it out especially naruto n sasuke scenes :D such a GREAT story
heather XD chapter 32 . 1/16/2011
plz! do not give up on this story its REALLY GOOD I luv many stories involving Naruto & Sasuke's friendship but its hard to find one n when I do it never gets to an epiloge :/
Xx.PuppetOnStrings.xX chapter 32 . 1/16/2011
When does Sai get involved? And will he be involved in Danzo's downfall? Hope you update soon!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 32 . 1/13/2011