Reviews for Harry Potter and the White Wizard
Reymen chapter 1 . 5/3
Nice work of McGonogald . To prove every thing the Dursley stand for is correct .
"Thanks for caring for Harry, I will bring him now
Oh you might want to move and never contact anyone you now know because you are useless to us and will probably die if you stay. But that is Fine, you are muggles. It is not like you are humans or something. "
ValykirieRevolution chapter 18 . 4/23
Another great chapter. :) Can't wait to see how they tackle the horcruxes.
quztuk chapter 18 . 4/13
This Dresden is fantastic, and the rest is good to.
Grimmauld was especially great, lots of buddybuddy between Harry and Ron, with a genuinely creepy haunted house.
Mybu chapter 18 . 3/7
Glad to see this is still updating. Great as ever. I lost it at the scene with the painted dummies.
yankeetiger chapter 18 . 3/7
ITS FANTASTIC AND I NEEEEEEEED MOREEEEEEE
ArgentRoseSableWolf chapter 10 . 3/5
Sorry, but this story went from interesting to utterly ridiculous in this chapter. Snape, Dumbledore's murderer, is Headmaster, when the Death Eaters supposedly haven't taken over the government? Right. Your characters are bounding all over the place, there's no sense of coherence in the story. That, combined with apparent groundwork being laid for both Snape and Draco being 'redeemed', leaves me with absolutely no motivation to continue.
I love this story, despite the few gripes I've brought up in past comments. I think in a way, that's a sign you have a good story. In this case, my prior complaints have only been strong because of how much I like this story, and how frustrated the small discrepancies made me. Anyways, I really like this chapter. You're doing a good job fitting Dresden into the HP-verse, despite their innate discongruities. I like how you've somehow made this story have the same 'feel' as parts of both franchises.

Interesting seeing Harry (Potter) getting the locket in such a, comparatively, simple way versus canon. The whole time they were trying to destroy it, I kept thinking 'Gee, if only you just learned a potion that created fire that can eat through magic'. But I guess that would be waaay too easy. I'm excited to see where you take this. Hope you'll update soon.
Of course it's a mistake. It's a huge mistake. It's an EPIC mistake. And it is the single greatest, and most beneficial, mistake you will ever make in your entire miserable life. Dresden is the ultimate blunt object to smash into a problem. He does it well and generally enjoys it after all. He will try kick down all the sand castles that those in power have built because they offended his sensibilities. He is Vash the Mother Fucking Magic Stampede, and burnt down buildings and broken monsters are left in his wake. The greatest smart dumb move ever.

Excellent job with Bob. Never doubted you for a minute. Of course Bob is obsessed with all the magical school girls all around him. That only makes sense after all.

Glad that Potter and Molly will be mending fences. Still waiting on parent's day. I want to see Michael and Charity give the various Slytheren parents the Eye of Divine Judgement. A bunch of arrogant wizards ought to slink away after that, knowing in their heart of hearts that they have been weighted, they have been measured, and they have been found lacking to be in the same school house as one Molly Carpenter. To say nothing of it being the bearer of Excalibur, on the British Isles, glaring at a bunch of generically bad to evil wizards. Their very British-ness should be reeling from that...

Jolly good show. Hope to see more soon. Keep 'em coming.

-The Law Ogre
*"There wasn't a single Death Eater alive who didn't start in Slytherin," he said.*

What the actual fuck? Harry wouldn't have said that in canon. He's already had most of his trouble with Pettigrew, who was in Gryffindor, and Barty Crouch Jr's house is never specified (could easily be Ravenclaw with his OWLS). At this point in the story, he should be suspicious of Slytherin students, but not *exclusively* so. You lost a lot of points for me with that comment; I thought you would leave the idiot ball out of this story. All you are doing is creating artificial tension, which is cheap, ineffective, and blatantly obvious.
"Lest we forget, Mister Potter and Miss Granger are students. More than that, they were victims of tonight's attack"

Miss Weasley. Not Granger.

Nice fight scene! I really like that you gave Ginny her own 'thing' to be good at with Transfiguration. It really felt like all parties contributed in a believable way.
ShadowFyre666 chapter 18 . 2/28
Da da da da da, I'm loving it.
davidsurmava chapter 18 . 2/28
As always amazing work :)
Awaiting next chapters
The reason this crossover is not done in this manner (same universe) is because the magic systems of the two books are fundamentally different. In the Dresden Files, McGonagall would have her head lopped off by the White Council for transfiguring humans into animals (with the brain changes being permanent). Same applies to any mind magics, among other things.
The Uncanny Wolfman chapter 18 . 2/28
Loved this chapter. Really solid progress, even if nothing changed in setting we were finally introduced to Bob, and now Harry has to make amends with Molly (finally!).

You mention the Carpenters. Are we going to meet the wielder of the Sword of the Holy Cross anytime soon? Or is he retired at this point?

Love how you're amalgamating their types of magic. While Dresdenian magic is simply cooler in pretty much all aspects, Potterverse magic is more versatile and prehensile in use.

Will Potter be trained more than just evocation? Dresden's tracking spells would be incredibly useful.

Also, no Mage Sight/Vision? How cool would it be if Harry got his own staff out of the body of his Firebolt.
Your McGonagall is highly amusing.