Reviews for Smile As You Kill
Mr. Anonymous chapter 2 . 3/6/2008
It's nice to see a sympathetic story that shows Sakon and Ukon were human once, before Orochimaro . . .

I've always wondered about the histories of the Sound Four, but I assumed they would be tragic, like Kimimaro or Zaku's pasts. This story was frightening and realistic, People really can be that cruel, intolerant and stupid. And, of course, Orochimoro, like Satan, is just waiting to corrupt their already wounded souls. I never did blame any of the Sound Ninja for what they did, because I figured that that Snake had beaten whatever good that they'd once had completely out of them.

A great story, a pity it has to end so unhappily.
Corvin chapter 2 . 9/21/2007
love it, please update again soon
ckret2 chapter 2 . 9/15/2007
Oh, wow, this is exciting. :D This is probably the creepiest backstory I've read for any Naruto characters before, and it's very believable. I love how you show their slightly psychotic tendencies, and how it makes them perfect for the Sound 4 - after all, they love to kill. The dynamic between Tayuya and Sakon is fascinating, but even moreso is that between Sakon and Ukon, both before and after they started hating each other. I can't wait to see how that happened, and what life's like for them in the circus.

Really, though, they were such disturbing/disturbed children. Even so, it's so easy to understand their point of view, which makes them even creepier. I kinda shiver when I read this, and their mother's terror adds so much to the story.

All in all, this was not what I expected at all, it's much much better. :D You don't need to keep apologizing for what you've written, really, it's very good. (A writer is their own worst critic. Whatever someone writes is almost always much better than they think. Unless they think it's perfect, in which case they have ego problems.) Anyway, this was well worth the wait, and I'll wait for chapter three.

Thanks so much for this fic!