Reviews for Turn Me Loose: A Harry Potter Adventure
Handers chapter 1 . 3/25
This is a truly fantastic fanfiction, one of my favorite, it manage to strike a nice balance with falling into many clich├ęs and makes the characters really believable.
Royslady51 chapter 6 . 3/15
If you really want a nausea inducing mental image, presume Albus keeps Hagrid around because Dumbles is a size queen...
Royslady51 chapter 5 . 3/15
Pig latin, should be added to that...just to irritate people as a prank...
Royslady51 chapter 2 . 3/15
Of course, if the title is being used instead of 'Born to Run', then Merle Haggard also has one that works nicely...and can be made to fit, as well: But 'Born to Run fits Potter a lot better.

Merle Haggard Lyrics
"Big City"

I'm tired of this dirty old city
Entirely too much work and never enough play
And I'm tired of these dirty old sidewalks
Think I'll walk off my steady job today

Turn me loose, set me free
Somewhere in the middle of Montana
And give me all I've got comin' to me
And keep your retirement
And your so called social security
Big city, turn me loose and set me free

Been working everyday since I was twenty
Haven't got a thing to show for anything I've done
There's folks who never work and they've got plenty
Think it's time some guys like me had some fun

So, turn me loose, set me free
Somewhere in the middle of Montana
And give me all I've got comin' to me
And keep your retirement
And your so called social security
Big city, turn me loose and set me free
Hey big city, turn me loose and set me free
Royslady51 chapter 1 . 3/15
Emmylou Harris' version is my favorite of that particular song: Which technically makes this a songfic...or as it is sometimes called, a filk: Good for you. For those unfamilar with the lyrics and why it's a good filk for the HP Universe, see below.

Well I never did crawl and I never did toe the line
No man is a master to me, I ain't that kind
I just put on my travelin' shoes
If you wanna win you just can't lose the time
Or stay behind

I was born to be fast, I was born to run

Well I take the chances sometimes I made mistakes
But you don't get nothin' unless you take the breaks
Livin' as dangerous as dynamite
Sure it makes you feel nervous but it makes you feel alright
Makes you feel alright

I was born to be fast, I was born to run

Nobody gonna make me do the things their way
By the time you figure it out it's yesterday
Well it comes to he who waits I'm told
But I don't need it when I'm old and gray
Yeah, I want it today

I was born to be fast I was born to run

I was born to run
I was born to be fast I was born to run

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Paul Kennerley

Born To Run lyrics Imagem Songs Ltd.
Writing in second person is annoying and stupid. If you hadn't done that this would probably be a good story. But you did and it's not.
HeartsGlow chapter 3 . 1/6
When Harry was 16, Charlie was 23 and Cho was 17. Six years will be NOTHING when she is 20 and he's 26. Bill is 10 years older than Harry, so he is 26 here. Fleur is 19. Women mature more and faster than men, so many woman marry men that are older then they are. When you are in your 20s that 6-7 year age difference is nothing. My grandparents were 11 years apart, though they didn't get married until she was 22. This is much better than the fanfics that have Hermione dating Snape, or Lupin, or Remus... 20 year age difference!
SixFtWookie chapter 16 . 11/13/2020
I struggled with the 2nd person narration a little, but the humor was worth it. I would definitely read this again.
SixFtWookie chapter 5 . 11/13/2020
If the demon could talk to him in a pensive, I'm fairly sure that a bogart might go full Weeping Angel on the demon. That which holds the image...
Homarid chapter 16 . 10/22/2020
Epic ending. Sometimes I don't like it when the fights go over the top, but that one felt great. I loved the patronus bomb. Riveting story. Thank you for sharing.
Homarid chapter 12 . 10/22/2020
Interesting, so with Snape as the new headmaster he will allow Harry to make a trap for the incoming Death Eaters.
Homarid chapter 10 . 10/22/2020
It feels nice to be right about Svetlanna. I don't think we'll see Baba again but she seemed interesting. Harry still doesn't know where the cup is, I think, but if he's going to break into gringotts then that's really going to be hell. Nice prank fawkes.
Homarid chapter 9 . 10/22/2020
Right now I'm wondering if Svetlana is Baba Yaga, but maybe that is too obvious of a plot twist. I like the idea of trials for getting to Baba. The graveyard seemed like a hint. I'm ready for a bone golem.
Homarid chapter 2 . 10/22/2020
The portrait being possesed by Riddle is a great idea. The bashing is a little too strong, but as long as the story moves back to Harry vs Riddle I can deal with it. Maybe demon blood makes him angrier? Something for me to think about.
dreamofanelephant chapter 16 . 10/19/2020
That was a nice story! I liked the way you handled Russian episodes, the romance lines left a torturously bittersweet aftertaste and the deals Harry has to strike really manage to convey his desperation. I feel you perfectly convey how Albus was losing himself to the idea of the leader he thought he was. Cheers!
2,007 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »