Reviews for Always my Shadow
Fluer Talia Avery chapter 5 . 3/7/2012
Oh my God, Sam makes a perfect Linus! It's so cute in my head. I used to love that show, but haven't seen it in years. I was thinking the kid's name was Lionel, but that might just have been my imagination, 'cause like I said, I haven't seen it in forever.
ccase13 chapter 17 . 8/6/2011
I completely enjoyed this story of how Dean has always taken care of Sam.
phyllis16 chapter 17 . 1/2/2011
denice,i have read all you storiesand i loved all of them,i have a couple of favoritesthough, anyway please keep writing. have you considered doing the fanzines. iv bought some but they are no way as good as yours ars, thank you for a very nice evening phyllis
Crimson Ivy chapter 17 . 3/29/2010
What a sweet story! It was a one, long chick-flick moment! LOL

I liked especially the parts about the past! Great collection of "big brother Dean" mini-stories! :)
amyblair chapter 17 . 2/6/2009
Really liked how you went back and forth from the present to the past with this. I liked how you picked certain points in time to bring us really to the way Dean was feeling now towards his brother, all that protectiveness and the fear of abandonment done nicely with a hint of "I'm so glad my brother is here".

Liked little things - like how you used "tuff" instead of "tough". Took my back to 'The Outsiders' - they always used that word "Ponyboy, your tuff, tuff hair.." I liked the usage of it.

Loved the story of the "slave" girl and Mrs. Caney. Spoky. Those are the kind of backstories I like.

Also liked Dean's line, "Sorry kid" when the small bones were revealed to him. Very, very nice.

"...I don't want you to feel like you had to lie to me." Well, isn't that where they are now? Interesting line there, dh.

Nice job with this story. Lots of great spots.
6supernatural666 chapter 7 . 1/22/2008
another great story of yours. it was so sweet! one of my favorites

Angel
pmsdevil01 chapter 17 . 10/9/2007
I loved it! It was so cute at the end. Aw
Colby's girl chapter 17 . 10/6/2007
Great story! I read it from start to finish and enjoyed it a lot. thanks
xanseviera chapter 17 . 10/6/2007
Aww.. the angst..T_T btw I don't really satisfied with the ending.. I wish u can continue this story X3

keep up the good work!:D
Rachelly chapter 17 . 10/2/2007
Aw! That was really sweet! "Remember you are always my shadow"...aw! I really enjoyed your story and all the limpSam/angsty caring Dean parts as well as all the rest of it too! Great job! Thanks for sharing your talents!
Rachelly chapter 7 . 10/1/2007
Once again, I'm totally enjoying your story! I love the flashbacks. John is just so dang obsessed and so not in tune with his boys needs and Dean is so good about taking care of Sam. I love that he stood up to John in this one and told Sammy his dad was an a**. I also love how Dean recalls their childhood and how each story revolves about Sam. Such a great big bro he is! Sam is his world and you paint that so beautifully in this story. I loved all the details in this chapter as well as in the past few...the tones, gentle touches, the attentiveness of Dean towards Sam. This is really such an enjoyable read and I'm eager to continue!
Rachelly chapter 2 . 10/1/2007
Just found your story and am totally enjoying it! I love the way you write! Dean is so sweet, Sammy so vulnerable...the flashbacks, the present concussion...Dean just shines as a great big brother. I love how his tone softens and he gets tender when Sam or little Sam is hurt or sick! Great job. I was planning on reading all the way through and leaving you a huge review, but it is so good that I had to pause and drop you a note along the way! Great read! Can't wait to continue!
ellynora chapter 17 . 10/1/2007
amazing story! you wrote it brilliantly and i have really enjoyed reading it im sad that its over lol.

i loved the storyline cause im a sucker for hurt sam and protective dean so this was right up my street. i thought you wrote both thier characters perfectly throughout just as i imagine them to be. i loved this last chapter the bit about dean thinking of sam as his son more than brother so sweet i got a tear lol.

well done and thank you for giving me a fab read. loved every chapter hope to read more of your work.
ziggy.uk chapter 17 . 10/1/2007
Great ending! Typical of that lonely soldier to want to latch onto Sam, he's just a supernatural magnet!

Loved the chick flick moment, done to perfection, not overly soppy but just typical Dean, no wonder Sam's eyes watered up at his words! Nice for Sam to actually hear what he means to his brother as Dean is usually so against revealing his feelings!

United, they now just have to release the ghost soldier from his lonely hell!

Awesome story, brilliantly written, and loved the way you explained the title - Sam will always be Dean's shadow, big brother is always in protective mode!
RhianaStar chapter 17 . 10/1/2007
loved it... chick flick moment be damned! (excuse language) it was worth it...

“Look Sammy; I have always been your big brother. I have always taken care of you. Hell, you are more like my own son than my brother. I will not stand by and watch anything happen to you…”A sigh escaped Dean’s lips.

“Sorry, Sammy, but you don’t get to tell me to stop being me, you don’t get to be mad at me when I do it, and you just have to live with it. That’s all, it’s that simple. You are my brother, and I will always, always look out for you.”