Reviews for Hiding in Plain Sight
AniLovesMe chapter 25 . 8/7
This story is so absolutely amazing that it has captured my complete attention for DAYS now! I remember reading this a long time ago, but I don't think it had been finished, so I never read to the end. I am so glad that I found this in my favorites and decided to give it another look! You have a wonderful talent for capturing the characters of Jim and Silver perfectly, as well as the surrounding environment and feel that the movie always gave. I eagerly look forward to the release of Book Two...
Happy writing!
~Ani
Briianna chapter 25 . 7/21
I loved this story so much! It made me feel things that I didn't even know a fanfic was capable of making me feel. After reading this, I'm finding it very difficult to ship Jim with anybody but Nick. Speaking of which, I grew very attached to Nick, which is unusual for me, because normally I don't care much for OC characters... but this story proved me wrong, I'm glad to say. I'll be eagerly waiting for the second book. :)
DieForPie chapter 25 . 6/22
K, so like, at first I wasn't gonna review because there are no words to how much I loved this story, but then I was like, I HAVE to say something.

This story is phenomenal. Like, so spectacular. You know when you read a fic and afterwards you're like "this has now set the bar for quality of excellence for fics"? That has happened here for me. I read this whole thing in a few days because I couldn't tear my eyes away!

Your characters are amazing, multi-dimensional, and perfectly imperfect (just as real people are). Nick is incredible, and the growth and development that she goes through? Incomparable. And I would like to Thank and Congratulate you on Princess Alanna, for not making her the 'blonde bimbo love-interest-rival-only-here-to-steal-the-protaganists-man', but for actually making her a PERSON with OPINIONS and a PERSONALITY whom I now love and cherish. By the way, if at any point you worried about making Jim Hawkins OOC, you can stop that worry right now, because he was spot on. He was at the same time matured from the original movie and also still the Jim Hawkins that we all fell a little bit in love with ourselves.

There were some points, especially early on, when I was worried about Nick being like "I'm not like other girls, I'm tough and smart blah blah" and other sentiments that felt very much like internalized misogyny (e.g. "women will only hurt you, Jim" kinda stuff), but then you blew my mind AGAIN! Because it WAS internalized misogyny, and made sense with Nick's rocky upbringing and her questioning what it meant to be a woman herself (while masquerading as a boy), and ultimately it added to her character growth! I mean COME ON, how do you do this?!

All in all, I'm not sorry for this super long review, and if it takes another six years or whatever for a Book Two to this story, I will wait ever patiently and supportively. Speaking of which, for Book Two, I would LOVE to see more Alanna in general (I couldn't get enough of her), I would LOVE to see more of Nick's growth now that she gets to present as a woman again (and how her time as cabin boy has changed/affected her perception or behaviour as a woman, like will she feel comfortable in her skin? Will people treat her differently, positively or negatively? Other stuff?), and obviously most importantly, the blossoming of her relationship with Jim and how their time apart and back together goes (like, now that they can be open about their love, are they? Does one like PDAs and the other doesn't? I would love to see these two just be a couple!) But all of this comes second to whatever you will do with the story, as it's yours, and I have every confidence you'll do it well, no matter what you decide to do with it.

You have made a loyal fan out of me! I am eager to see what you do next, and whatever it is, I guarantee it'll be worth the wait to me!

-Jaclyn
VampireBasket chapter 25 . 4/7
Wow. My heart was in my stomach the whole last few chapters to the point where I was actually terrified to read on, in case she actually died. Your writing is incredible, I felt as though it was happening to me, the emotions had me all over the place.

I really dont have the words to tell you how much I loved this fic, but I am definitely going to seek out Book Two, that's for sure.
Alexa chapter 1 . 3/23
Just got through rereading this. This story made me wish an intergalactic navy really existed for me to run away to - in short, I need to rewatch this movie and I would be happy to watch any sequel they make if it's anything like this. ;)

I hope the second book is going well - as a fellow writer, please don't give up on characters like these.
I've just read this story for a second time - the ending always brings me to tears! So emotional, but perfect! I'm really looking forward to the second book if you're still writing it You're a wonderful writer!
Emma chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
I don't know if you will read this, but honestly it's hard to find stories like this one, the beautiful plot and the way you described feelings and stuff literally made me cry, I was almost able to touch those feelings as if they were palpable. Really, you're a writer, and I'm terribly sorry that no ones paying you for this. Thank you for giving us all a wonderful book, even though it required 6 years, I'm totally stoked! We'll be waiting for the next book with excitement. Sorry if I made any mistakes, I speak Spanish and I'm nothing good writing in English, but all I can say is thank you! Cheers from Mexico, I'll recommend this book to my friends and I'm pretty sure they'll love it since we are all treasure planet's fans. ;)
livelovelaughfangirl chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
I can't wait for the sequel! But take however long you need, it's your story and only you can write it to it's best potential in your own time.
Guest chapter 25 . 6/17/2015
WHERES BOOK 2 PLEASE IM CRYINRB
sango27121997 chapter 24 . 6/3/2015
If you've already posted book 2, would you tell me its name and where please..but if not then i'll be waiting (BUT NOT SO PATIENTLY) :p
sango27121997 chapter 25 . 6/3/2015
OMG! This story is truly beyond amazing, it felt like I've been watching a movie, keep up the good work. ;)
AngelfromBeyondBelow chapter 25 . 5/6/2015
I have only just discovered this story and I absolutely love it! I love Nick, as an original character in addition to all of the other characters of your design, and the way you have written the pre-existing characters, Jim, Silver and Morph etc. I look forward to the ending of your hiatus, as mentioned on your author page, and to the time when I can read about Nick and Jim again.
K.Daniels chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
Please post Book 2!
K.Daniels chapter 25 . 4/14/2015
That... that was fantastic!
A.J. Slye chapter 25 . 4/11/2015
This was, without question, the most superb Treasure Planet fanfiction I have ever read. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this was one of the most enthralling fics I've ever had the pleasure to come across during all my years reading fanfics. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this with us. And while you may not be happy that it took you six years to complete this fic, I must say that I'm glad it took you as long as it did; I feel that this story would not have been the same had you done otherwise, because it's clear that you put so much into this. I could see that even before I read your last A/N. The deep level of thought and true care that went into this is simply not something that could've be written on a whim. This sort of writing takes time. On that note, I must add this: don't-even for an instant-ever feel badly about yourself for not being to update at the drop of a hat. As the saying goes, "Good things take time. Great things take a long time. And the best things take the longest time." So take all of the time you need for the next installment. Until then, thanks again for sharing this story, and the best of luck and inspiration to you as you write the next installment.
Until later.