Reviews for Hiding in Plain Sight
Axcel chapter 1 . 12/1
She is hiding her sex. Gender is how you identify, not biological. Except when practicing medicine for some reason.
ShifterPrincess chapter 25 . 10/14
A stunningly written story recommended by a friend. I cheered, I screamed, I yearned and by gods I cried. Admittedly the first Treasure Planet fanfic i read but mate you have done a marvelous job with your new characters and staying true to the much beloved characters of Treasure Planet. Should you ever get to that Book 2 and can count me as one of your eager fans!
Citronella chapter 25 . 7/11
Hi, I've just reread this story again for like the millionth time, and I wanted to tell you how much I love your fic... This story is wanderfoul, it's very well written and is an amazing sequel of the Treasure Planet. I'm sorry for the short comment but I'm not quite good at writing in english and I would prefer not to embarass myself further with my poor skills :)
I know that you are on hiatus and I understand your motives but I really hope you will continue with Book Two, can't wait to see what happens next {D...
WittyCreek15 chapter 25 . 6/24
SO I just finished this book in three days because I could not put it down.
I love Nick as a character and I loved seeing her and Jim's relationship grow and turn romantic.

I also think you did great with developing Jim character into a man from the teenage Jim we know from the movie. I particularly like the quirks and some attitude left in him from his not-so-glorious days. That small touch really connected this older Jim to his younger self and made me feel like I was meeting him as a grown-up. I applaud you.

The ending to this book is so incredibly heartbreaking and I'm left desperately wanting to know what happens next with Jim and Nick.

I hope you haven't given up on the next book in their story and I look forward to seeing it being uploaded!
Freya Emerson chapter 15 . 2/15
Can I just point something, this story and the story of Mulan are basically the same. Female lead disguises herself as a man so she can do something that a woman can't do because the laws say she can't. She then meets a guy who she befriends and then finds out her secret, and slowly falls in love with her. But Mulan and Treasure Planet are both great movies with great stories so I can't really complain.
Freya Emerson chapter 3 . 2/14
Hehe love the end.
Anne-Lilian chapter 25 . 10/20/2016
Wow, this has been quite an adventure. I can honestly say that I fell in love with this story at the very beginning, though I definitely noticed how much you've improved since you posted that first chapter.
It's been an amazing story, and not something that I expected to find when I went to search for Treasure Planet fics. I can't express how much I've loved this. I've been reading it nonstop for the past few days (on my phone, hence the lack of reviews, sorry about that), much to the chagrin of my classmates, who insist that I wasn't being sociable enough.
Anyway, thank you so much for posting, and I look forward to reading Book 2!
Anne
Anne-Lilian chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
Interesting start, I look forward to reading the rest!
AniLovesMe chapter 25 . 8/7/2016
This story is so absolutely amazing that it has captured my complete attention for DAYS now! I remember reading this a long time ago, but I don't think it had been finished, so I never read to the end. I am so glad that I found this in my favorites and decided to give it another look! You have a wonderful talent for capturing the characters of Jim and Silver perfectly, as well as the surrounding environment and feel that the movie always gave. I eagerly look forward to the release of Book Two...
Happy writing!
~Ani
Briianna chapter 25 . 7/21/2016
I loved this story so much! It made me feel things that I didn't even know a fanfic was capable of making me feel. After reading this, I'm finding it very difficult to ship Jim with anybody but Nick. Speaking of which, I grew very attached to Nick, which is unusual for me, because normally I don't care much for OC characters... but this story proved me wrong, I'm glad to say. I'll be eagerly waiting for the second book. :)
DieForPie chapter 25 . 6/22/2016
K, so like, at first I wasn't gonna review because there are no words to how much I loved this story, but then I was like, I HAVE to say something.

This story is phenomenal. Like, so spectacular. You know when you read a fic and afterwards you're like "this has now set the bar for quality of excellence for fics"? That has happened here for me. I read this whole thing in a few days because I couldn't tear my eyes away!

Your characters are amazing, multi-dimensional, and perfectly imperfect (just as real people are). Nick is incredible, and the growth and development that she goes through? Incomparable. And I would like to Thank and Congratulate you on Princess Alanna, for not making her the 'blonde bimbo love-interest-rival-only-here-to-steal-the-protaganists-man', but for actually making her a PERSON with OPINIONS and a PERSONALITY whom I now love and cherish. By the way, if at any point you worried about making Jim Hawkins OOC, you can stop that worry right now, because he was spot on. He was at the same time matured from the original movie and also still the Jim Hawkins that we all fell a little bit in love with ourselves.

There were some points, especially early on, when I was worried about Nick being like "I'm not like other girls, I'm tough and smart blah blah" and other sentiments that felt very much like internalized misogyny (e.g. "women will only hurt you, Jim" kinda stuff), but then you blew my mind AGAIN! Because it WAS internalized misogyny, and made sense with Nick's rocky upbringing and her questioning what it meant to be a woman herself (while masquerading as a boy), and ultimately it added to her character growth! I mean COME ON, how do you do this?!

All in all, I'm not sorry for this super long review, and if it takes another six years or whatever for a Book Two to this story, I will wait ever patiently and supportively. Speaking of which, for Book Two, I would LOVE to see more Alanna in general (I couldn't get enough of her), I would LOVE to see more of Nick's growth now that she gets to present as a woman again (and how her time as cabin boy has changed/affected her perception or behaviour as a woman, like will she feel comfortable in her skin? Will people treat her differently, positively or negatively? Other stuff?), and obviously most importantly, the blossoming of her relationship with Jim and how their time apart and back together goes (like, now that they can be open about their love, are they? Does one like PDAs and the other doesn't? I would love to see these two just be a couple!) But all of this comes second to whatever you will do with the story, as it's yours, and I have every confidence you'll do it well, no matter what you decide to do with it.

You have made a loyal fan out of me! I am eager to see what you do next, and whatever it is, I guarantee it'll be worth the wait to me!

-Jaclyn
VampireBasket chapter 25 . 4/7/2016
Wow. My heart was in my stomach the whole last few chapters to the point where I was actually terrified to read on, in case she actually died. Your writing is incredible, I felt as though it was happening to me, the emotions had me all over the place.

I really dont have the words to tell you how much I loved this fic, but I am definitely going to seek out Book Two, that's for sure.
Alexa chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
Just got through rereading this. This story made me wish an intergalactic navy really existed for me to run away to - in short, I need to rewatch this movie and I would be happy to watch any sequel they make if it's anything like this. ;)

I hope the second book is going well - as a fellow writer, please don't give up on characters like these.
Guest chapter 25 . 3/18/2016
I've just read this story for a second time - the ending always brings me to tears! So emotional, but perfect! I'm really looking forward to the second book if you're still writing it You're a wonderful writer!
Emma chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
I don't know if you will read this, but honestly it's hard to find stories like this one, the beautiful plot and the way you described feelings and stuff literally made me cry, I was almost able to touch those feelings as if they were palpable. Really, you're a writer, and I'm terribly sorry that no ones paying you for this. Thank you for giving us all a wonderful book, even though it required 6 years, I'm totally stoked! We'll be waiting for the next book with excitement. Sorry if I made any mistakes, I speak Spanish and I'm nothing good writing in English, but all I can say is thank you! Cheers from Mexico, I'll recommend this book to my friends and I'm pretty sure they'll love it since we are all treasure planet's fans. ;)