Reviews for Caged
Gilbird the Awesome chapter 21 . 3/10
I was a little iffy coming into this story at first because it was crossed over with something I didn't know, but I started reading it because it seemed to have an interesting idea behind the plot. And boy am I glad I did end up reading it, it is one of the best laid out stories that I've read in a long time, you seemed to have done actual research into these camps and how they worked, how the Japanese where treated in America during WWII, while also keeping Kenshin in character while also making room for the differences that anyone would make in 50 or so years.

Although I would love you to release some new chapters, I know that you have a life and things of your own to do, I will wait in hope that you have not abandoned it or forgotten.

I also blame you because I found it last night and stayed up to 4 am on a school night, so now I am just about dead on my feet, writing this in class when I'm meant to being doing something else.

Thanks
Gilbird
Calli-co Cat chapter 20 . 1/28
(Sorry about the double review - cat jumped on the keyboard and posted before I was ready, then had to go to the previous chapter to finish the review due to the one review per chapter thing.)

It's been a very long time since I've been on, and yet when I do come back to check up on old stories, this one never fails to amaze me. It's been four years since the last time I'd looked at, and I decided, on a whim, to go through and clear out all the stories I had marked on alert. I found this one toward the beginning of that sort and spent what time I had the next two days reading through it all. Then, when I finished yesterday, I came back and read it all through a second time.

You are an absolutely amazing writer. You bring the characters to life, and I can envision everything you've written. I know you've said on your profile that you feel you haven't developed some of the characters enough, but I think that is only in the fact that some characters, such as Sasuke, haven't been a main focus of the story for a good chunk of it. But if you have them developed in your head and you know how they'll act, then you can keep developing them as you write. Almost all of your characters, other than the bit ones, such as the Andersons and Brooks, have been developed to a point that we have a good idea of how they would or should act, so I doubt anything you write would come across as odd. You have an ability that not every writer can pull off - making sure to keep your characters realistic and grounded, but still vivid and natural, while keeping those you are borrowing (Kenshin, Fitz, etc) true to the characters as they were originally created.

I fully believe that you will finish this story, and no matter how long it takes, I look forward to seeing this reach its end, even while I know I will be upset that the journey is finally over. Like a book that you can't put down, it doesn't matter how many times I've read this - I am glued to my computer until I'm forced off when I read this story. You are, by far, one of my absolute favorite fanfic authors, one that no matter how old I get or how distant I become from fanfiction in general, I will always return to read. I wish I could write as you do, but I'm even more glad that you are willing to share your talents with the rest of us.

Keep up the good work, and don't worry so much about how long it takes. Those of us that truly love and enjoy this story are willing to wait. We understand that real life takes precedence over everything else. And honestly, with the cliffhanger you gave us, when you finally do manage to get your next chapter up, the wait will be worth it! You're amazing, and I look forward to the day I get to read a new chapter!

Calli
Calli-co Cat chapter 21 . 1/28
It's been a very long time since I've been on , and yet when I do come back to check up on old stories, this one never fails to amaze me. It's been four years since the last time I'd looked at , and I decided, on a whim, to go through and clear out all the stories I had marked on alert. I found this one toward the beginning of that sort and spent what time I had the next two days reading through it all. Then, when I finished yesterday, I came back and read it all through a second time.

You are an absolutely amazing writer. You bring the characters to life, and I can envision everything you've written. I know you've said on your profile that you feel you haven't developed some of the characters enough, but I think that is only in the fact that some characters, such as Sasuke, haven't been a main focus of the story for a good chunk of it. But if you have them developed in your head and you know how they'll act, then you can keep developing them as you write. Almost all of your characters, other than the bit ones, such as the Andersons and Brooks, have been developed to a point that we have a good idea of how they would or should act, so I doubt anything you write would come across as odd. You have an ability that not every writer can pull off - making sure to keep your characters realistic and grounded, but still vivid and natural, while keeping those from
reality deviant chapter 21 . 12/13/2013
great chapter good fic
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 20 . 11/8/2013
Okay, so I've been rereading your story... It is a really interesting story, and you've left us with a evil cliffhanger at the end of that last chapter! And in Sasuke's point of view, which is even more tense! Can we hope for an annual update? :D
K chapter 21 . 10/1/2013
SUCH a brilliant story! I really enjoyed reading this. There is a depth to your characters that I really admire, and I like the way you've developed Kenshin's character, too. I can't wait to see how Sasuke reacts to everything, how that affects their interactions, and how Kenshin reacts, too. This is a wonderful, engaging story. Thanks so much for writing.
silverskies87 chapter 21 . 5/21/2013
FRIGGIN HELL, MAN! Come on, why'd I have to catch up on a chapter like that? Please for the love of God tell me there's another chapter coming. I might die if there isn't.
Beloved Daughter chapter 21 . 3/19/2013
Awesome, awesome story! I love how you incorporated the history of the Japanese-American concentration camps with Himura Kenshin and his descendants. I have to admit that I don't know much about highlander except the fact that they don't really die but I didn't really need to either the way you write. Really cool story and I can't wait for the next chapter update! :) Please update again soon! I am highly interested to finding out how Sasuke will handle finding out about his ancestor!
Idhren chapter 21 . 2/27/2013
This meticulously crafted story does honor to both its canon parents and to the real, historical people who lived through the camps. I look forward to seeing how you wrap it up from here whenever you get around to it, and thank you: thank you from the bottom of my heart for not shying away from this too-often-buried part of American history, and thank you for doing the research and telling your story with respectful care for historical accuracy. (Well, when not otherwise contradicted by fictional canon...*cough*Immortals*cough*)
Seekay chapter 21 . 2/10/2013
What I most like about your fic is the concept of it. But then no, I really like all these characters you're giving such life and personality to. And your twisty plot which keeps throwing up obstacles. Also, I love your writing style - enough detail to convey a convincingly rich atmosphere with three dimensional characters. Actually I love all of it. Can I say that? Your story: wow. All over. Just wow.

I actually found this story back when it was only about 17 chapters. At which point I thought that it was frankly awesome but unlikely to be continued. And now I've run across it again and I have changed my mind. Not about the quality of this tale (that only seems to keep ramping up the suspense and my desire to know just what happens next) but about its current WIP status.

I do believe you'll finish this, no matter if it takes a while. I'm going to bookmark this story and check it in a few months' time. I hope to see an update then but won't get discouraged if I don't. ...I hope you get what I'm saying.

Here's rooting for you!
skenshingumi chapter 21 . 2/8/2013
It's been a while but I am glad I checked back in. Poor Kenshin, he was sorely pushed but I think he is going to have to disappear now. I am glad to hear that you do intend to finish this since we are now most certainly on a cliff hanger. The story has been fairly low key on the RK-Higlander content so far but I do find the history interesting and you have assembled a diverse cast of characters.
Guest chapter 21 . 1/11/2013
I have been reading this story since it first came out and I really like it. It is quite different, I like the premise of Kenshin in the camps. You do a very good job in writing about the camps and the people in them. And I think you do a good job keeping Kenshin in character. And I am glad you killed of Hosokawa, he did not deserve to like although I am sorry it was at Kenshin's hand. Try not to make him hate himself too much. Thanks
kokoronagomu chapter 21 . 1/7/2013
oh wow, i bet he's heartbroken there... and how's he going to explain, although someone has to learn of cho's situation and need for extreme training.

i think that if you read/heard how diana gabledon wrote the 'outlander' series you would not feel so alone in the way you write. it's a really good read if you have the time... so is 'sho*gun' by james clavell (completely different but a great read that tells a lot of japanese culture and mindset in the tokogowa jidai).
Rosa Lui chapter 21 . 1/3/2013
A beheading! :O

Lovely to know you're still updating this. :)
Kenshin's Soul chapter 21 . 1/2/2013
Wow, oh wow! Kenshin went all the way in fighting against Hosokawa! O.O

Go Tatsuya! For biting the bad man's arm! Go little man! You did good! w b

Do you suppose Sasuke will learn Kenshin is really his grandfather in the next chapter?

Great chapter!