Reviews for The Golden Gavel
aceredshirt13 chapter 14 . 6/13/2014
Nooo! Why must this story be dead? You say you have too many original characters, and I don't normally like OC-focused stories, but your OCs are fantastic and never overshadow the existing canon characters! I don't know if you'll ever come back to finish this, but at least know that I'm certainly dying to read it.
TVTroper Fan chapter 14 . 9/18/2012
I would like to congratulate you on such a fine piece of work. I'll start with the critique, but seriously, stick it out, I'll get more positive.

Before you got any betas, I did not notice any spelling or grammatical errors.

Usually, if I see something out of place in a word, even slightly, it's enough to break my Willing Suspension of Disbelief. This did not happen before you got any betas. I attributed this to your spellcheck being of excellent standards.

After, however, many words have a random letter in bold, and often highlighted words had no spaces before the next word.

Surprisingly for me, none of them broke the flow of the narrative for me. I noticed them, but my Willing Suspension of Disbelief was intact.

This, I now attribute to your prodigious writing skill, and I beseech you to continue this story. When I read that this was a 'Dead Fic' on the TVTropes 'Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Fanfic Recs' page, I initially thought that it would be one I could simply stop reading without too much annoyance, as I do most. However, I am unable to do so.

What happens next? Will Phoenix attend the bar? Will the poor bar counter continue to get beaten? Will my favorite characters (Jack, Donny, Miles and Gumshoe) have a ride of excitement? Pain? Otherwise boring hours of playing the second-best game series ever, Sonic the Hedgehog?

These are all questions that I cannot get out of my head. If you need a new beta, if you need more time, if you only have some of the next chapter but have got writers block, if you can't get ideas for Episode X, whatever, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release an update! A mini-chapter! Something! Anything!

Thank you for your time.

If you, for flaming purposes, or merely to ask me to shut up, want to contact me, my email is:
HopelessRomanticist chapter 14 . 1/29/2011
I liked this. I really really loved this idea. But the fic is dead. Before we get to see Edgeworth on trial, before VK is smashed, before The Golden Gavel's patrons get to speak to Wright. Before much awesomness that could have occured. Damnit.

Any chance of this being updated?

S.R.H. Fade chapter 14 . 12/25/2010

I was ripping through this story, full-steam ahead, and then…and then I hit this wall. A wall that manifested itself in the horrible lack of a next chapter button.

Oh dear… Please update this soon, because it's getting quite interesting.
Dolfont chapter 14 . 9/1/2009
Damn, another dead fic. I always hate seeing those, but this was odd because it was updated a little past this on court-records, yet you never added those chapters to this.

Oh well, I guess Jack will forever be in a limbo about to play some poker with Riverboat.
Freddy chapter 14 . 4/8/2009
Looks like you gave up on this tale, son.
Nitro Fumetsu Smith chapter 14 . 10/10/2008
Your Mr. DSL-69, correct? Well, Mr DSL, I have to say. There is a lot of *, filling the Phoenix Wright category. There is tons of yoai everywhere, crack abound, and serious stories are very hard to come by.

You sir, have managed to put together a story that transcends these problems and make a fantastic story worthy of praise, one that I read from start to finish, and I enjoyed every second of it. Von Karma's visit was one of my favorite parts. Great in all ways. Hope you go through with this to the end.

I just hope you get around to updating this. Your update is 9 months overdue...sigh, if this story is dead, I'll be kicking myself for giving such a nice well, no sings other than the massive update time lapse. Hope you uptade soon.

~Nitro the Omnipotent
awintea chapter 14 . 2/26/2008
I was reading this fanfiction for a while and never got around to reviewing. xD

Also, I recognised your pen name from somewhere, and found this on the Court Records forum too. XD So I was reading there, and then didn't bother reviewing here...

But I figure I should review here too. xD So ...yeah.

I love this! n_n

Fredryck chapter 14 . 1/26/2008
Hey, I've finally got internet again after a week and what do I see? An update for the GG! That's enough to make a guy happy. Heh. Especially if it's such a nice chapter as this is... I like the way Grossberg just barged in and placated the argument. As for the argument, it was very good: the impact it had on Edgeworth may be bigger than it would seem at first glance, although not as big as Wrright, of course. Speaking of him, will he sometime make an appearance at the GG? If so, in which case will that be?
Rydia Asuka chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
I simply love all of the characters popping up in the Bar. It's awesome. Makes for a really mixed, diverse atmosphere where you never know what's going to happen next. I'm really looknig forward to the next story arc...actually, I'm really looking forward to case four. I think...that's going to be really, really good. D
Kalisona chapter 14 . 1/16/2008
As wonderful as I had expected!

_ It to watch Jack tear into Edgeworth that way. I can't say I didn't want to do the same by the end of that case. *shakes head*

And it was also nice to see Jack and Donny realize that perhaps a blackmailer has something to do with Lana's coldness, though they are looking at the wrong guy. ;) White was mildly inconvenient. Gant is just plain creepy.

Tee hee...Your explanation and save for Hammond and Edgeworth was very creative! Good work! I wouldn't have even noticed it, had you not pointed it out.

And the poetic justice part was also quite amazing. It...gave meaning to Edgeworth scalding his hand, or at least that's how I feel about it. After all...It always seemed rather stupid to me when he did that. Psh. Silly Edgeworth.

Also, Jack's character just keeps becoming more and more pronounced, and I can't help but just want to draw him. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of drawing talent (or none at all, rather), but here is my homage to The Golden Gavel anyway:

w w w . free webs wittikisms / images / j_keeper . JPG

Sorry about the crazy spacing. I'm sure that you know as well as I do FF-net's tendency to delete links. *sighs* In fact, it may still delete the link, though I hope not. And...*hangs head sheepishly* I uploaded this using a camera, so it just made the picture worse. And if I were to say everything that was wrong with the picture, I'd be up all night, so...sorry for the bad quality. v_v

Anyway...another great chapter. Keep up the good work; I'm looking forward to seeing you tackle the next cases.

lalalei chapter 14 . 1/16/2008
Wow, that was geat! That was so sweet at the end how they all toasted to Phoenix and Mia

And I love the foreshadowing, like when Payne says if anyone lands him in jail it'll be him :p Cause is GS4 he al-Yeah.

*quietly wanders away as a Psyche-Lock is created*
Mistral Ebony chapter 13 . 1/3/2008
Amazing! This entire chapter kept me on edge, even though I knew how it was going to turn out. I liked the contrasting reactions of Jack and von Karma, too. I can't wait to read the conclusion to this part of the story.
Fredryck chapter 13 . 1/2/2008
Whoa...what can I say other than...coolificious! You really are quite the PW expert. It always bugged me a bit how easily White gave up, and you gave a perfect and valid explanation of his behaviour...that's simply splendiferous. Zvarri! Lol. I also loved the von Karma bit...with this chapter you also set up some kind of prelude to 1-4. You really are the plot genius! I can't get enough of the updates!
Kathy Burrell chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
An excellent story, I enjoyed it immensely. I also enjoyed the addition of other characters such as Bruce Goodman, who didn't get much coverage in the game. I do hope you continue this story, and I look forward to the next chapter.