Reviews for Here Comes the New Boss
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Great ending, makes perfect sense. Love how you portray Carrot's sort-of transformation into the Patrician/sort-of king. And his dynamic with Vimes is also excellent, echoes their relationship in the books very well.
Amethyst Asheryn chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Wow. We were given hints that Carrot was more manipulative than he seemed in Fifth Elephant, but ... Whew. Get them to underestimate you and then you catch them completely off-guard.

I love the characterizations in this. Vimes especially ... But also, in a way, the dark Carrot (though I hesitate to even use the word dark ... It's the best I can come up with at the moment).

Also, the emotion you managed, even in this short piece. It wasn't in your face but it was definitely there, and very very sharp, too.

This was great. I'm glad it's not cannon, but that doesn't reflect at all on you or the writing, just the fact that I don't even want to consider how this might change Vimes in future ... And when it's cannon, changes *stick*.

One thing I noticed: where you say "The City needs you!", there's a missing end quote mark. Other than that, I don't think I noticed anything off about it.

Thanks so much for writing!

P'tfami chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
It's in keeping with TP's penchant for dramatic irony - I like the way you mingled Vimes's inner stone face with his current thoughts. (umm...not sure if I made myself clear but you get the idea)

A good one shot.
Russ Smith chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Very nice! You've got a good ear for characters, and I'd like to hear more of this dark little possible history. I just wonder how you'd handle Carrot diverting from the classic Pratchett villian, that is, a sociopath. We caused his change of heart from supporting Vetinari to deciding to take his place? This could make a really great evil story when fleshed out. Loved it.
Goonlalagoon chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Wow...Carrot gone mean is weird.
celticfox chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Carrot gone wrong is very creepy.
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
That is a very interesting little chapter. Carrot does seem to have moulded into the role of Patrician quite well - but there was one thing I couldn't quite work out or rather, believe. Did Carrot kill Vetinari? That's what it seems like but somehow I couldn't really imagine him doing it. Or did someone else kill Vetinari and Carrot just had plans laid to take control if Vetinari should ever die? Very interesting, very good, really, really curious as to see what happens next.
Big Cat chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Ah... that was a breath of fresh air. Thank you for this marvelous fantastic PERFECT fic. Amazing! Absolutely great! I love it! Carrot as patrician is probably the best Ankh-Morpork would have after Vetinari. He IS the city, indeed. The idea you have developed is absolutely brilliant. Good onya! I'm so proud of you!

Do some more. Please. Soonish!