Reviews for Private Emotion
Tina Century chapter 1 . 5/14/2018
This is beautiful! I love the way you tied your knowledge of Japanese culture into the themes in the story, and used that to address one of the biggest complaints about Mamoru. I also love how you tied it all together in the end :). I know that this is an old story, but I would love to see more from you!
CassieRaven chapter 1 . 5/14/2018
This was written so well, and so thoughtfully planned out. I am so glad that someone recommended that I read this story. Great job writing this.
FloraOne chapter 1 . 5/12/2018
This is extremely beautiful. The last line blew me away. Thank you for this careful, tender story, and for making me appreciate Mamo-chan's side even more than I did before.
tryntee13 chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
this story is soo beautiful. you captured the emotion so well. Thank you for sharing and i hope you keep writing more!
Elendrhys chapter 1 . 1/6/2015
C'était une très belle histoire, réaliste, parfaitement écrite et qui colle au canon comme à notre vie à nous. Vraiment, tu as su saisir un défaut de l'anime (pourquoi les scénaristes se sont-ils tant acharnés sur ce pauvre Mamo-chan, je ne comprendrais jamais...) pour en ressortir une explication logique, belle et qui met encore plus en relief les sentiments de nos héros.
C'était génial. Merci beaucoup!
Angus Bradley chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Wow... This story is beautiful. I'm not open like some people and this story proved that words aren't the only thing to prove your love.
First Movement chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
That's so sweeeeeet. And you made them not out of character. It's a great one shot, thanks for writing it
roxyk630 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
While nothing like this ever happened in my japanese classes... I'm SO glad to see it now! Thank you for sharing this cultural experience with fandom. There's so SO many people out there that don't quite understand the idiosyncrasies of culture and romantic relationships!

Beautifully done, though I feel terrible for who it happened too! XD;;;

The closest thing I've got is my Sensei asking if any of us knew "command form" and I raised my hand and said that I did. She asked for an example... I gave one. One of me overhearing her telling her daughter to " *her daughter's name* STOP IT (JUMPING ON THE COUCH)!" (*name* chan, Yamenasai!-stop it!) I... I used to baby sit her daughter. She was rather embarrassed at me using the example but later told me it was a good one.

Thanks so much for this one! It's fave! :D
Queza De Santi chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Hello. :)

I've actually read this story a couple of times already, and it never ceases to amaze me. :) The idea in itself is original; definitely one I wouldn't have thought of. The word choice is appropriate, and I must say that Mamoru was definitely in-character. :D

What struck me most about this fic, I guess, was the cultural lesson in it. I must admit I'm rather fond of culture, and to learn about the difference between the American and Japanese way of expressing such emotions was eye-opening for me. Although I live in an Asian country, we are highly westernized. We're more like America in that sense, than we are like the Eastern countries.

At this point of our school year, I happen to have a Japanese foreign exchange student in one of my classes. I'd like to think we are friends, and I tried my best to phrase my question as unobtrusively as possible. I clarified the cultural point you made here, and she confirmed it. I was surprised and delighted actually. As they say, you learn something new everyday. :)

So, besides congratulating you on an undoubtedly well-written piece, I would also like to thank you for opening my eyes to such a valuable cultural lesson. :)

Thank you, and take care! 3

Kihana Dulay
MoonlightMaiden14 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This was a really good story. I can see this happening. Great job! I was going to write a really nice review when I did read this a few days ago, but now I can't remember what I was going to say. Oops.
Imma-Be chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Wow, very good, i loved your fanfic

Congratulations for the good work, keep doing things like that ;D

Bye
SolarWinds chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
i enjoyed it
lfleurdelys chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
That was so cute! I could feel Mamoru's emotions and his anguish. Very well written and good job on the plot. It was fantastic! _
GuinevereRose chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
I loved it! I too have always wondered why Mamoru was never very loving to Usagi while she was always very vocal about their relationship. The stroy was very well written and very moving. Great job!
Twix4life chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
aw...

i love this story! :D

Mamoru was just so... Chiba! Hahaha! He is totally in character! Mysterious and Mushy! :D