Reviews for Elflings,Sneezes & Apples
Storybookwriter chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
This is what I would do if someone pulled my braids.
(Takes ax)
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
gginsc chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
An effective but irresponsible way to deter bullying. Your story is good, but I doubt any responsible adult would shoot arrows at children. The risk is too great even for excellent archers. Keep writing, you have a great imagination.
Eleniel of Ithilien chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
This story is sooo adorable and funny! I love stories where Legolas is little. Good job!

Navaer,

Eleniel
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
A great story. Very well written.
rehtaehwashere chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
LOL!
RumorUnderOath chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
LOL FUNNY! good for him tho.. DONT PUT UP WITH BULLYING LASSY!
eiluj chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Congratulations on your story. I’m thinking English is not your first language (though you write much better in English than I do in Spanish, which is my second language). A good beta-reader who is more fluent in English would catch your mistakes and help make the story smoother.

Boys from Esgaroth are bullying Legolas? Unfortunately, geography makes this unlikely. According to maps in various Tolkien volumes, Esgaroth is about 30-35 miles (48-56 km) from Thranduil's stronghold. The Atlas of Middle-earth makes it more like 45 miles (72 km).

At that distance, it would take the boys days to walk from Esgaroth to the Mirkwood garden (if orcs or wild beasts didn’t catch and eat them on the way). Even riding horses would take a day or two each way. The boys must really be dedicated to bullying Legolas to go so far! Aren't their parents worried when the boys vanish for days at a time?

And why can't Thranduil's guards keep them out? These are mere children of Men; they are not skilled at moving quietly through the woods. They should *not* be able to creep undetected past guards with elvish sight and hearing. If Thranduil’s guards can’t even stop two (very tired and unarmed) mortal children from entering the heart of the elvish realm, Mirkwood should long ago have fallen to Sauron’s orcs!

It would be more likely for Legolas to have problems with these nasty boys while visiting Esgaroth with his family and other elves. (Of course, he would have had guards there too, but perhaps he got lost or escaped his guards.)

Elves are luckier than mortal Men - they don't suffer from any diseases. So no sneezes or colds for Legolas after his dunking.

Legolas’s brother has a strange name. In Sindarin it seems to mean "dear trumpet sound." Caleanor’s name almost means “green sun.” You can find names in Sindarin here (translated from various world cultures):

Replace "." with a period (ff deletes links if they are not disguised)

. ?opmodload&nameSemantics&fileindex&optionsSemanticsMenu&volume4

[Or search Google for "Council of Elrond" "Sindarin Name Finder"]
Gord and V chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Aw, dunked in cold water? The ending was very funny. Now I want an apple... :)

Peace out boy scout,

Gord and V
SivanShemesh chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Hey sweetie, good to see another LOTR brand new story from you, and this one is so sweet and i love your elfling.

Thank you for writing it as i enjoy reading it.

Keep writing.

*Hugs and Kisses*

Have a great week and keep smiling,

Sivan Shemesh