Reviews for With Many Fond Acknowledgments
adsfjkl chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
that was hilarious!
Siriusly Loopy chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Poor Sam! I'm sure Frodo did a wonderful job and there don't need to be any corrections on that minor a scale. There's so small that nobody would notice. Oh, well.
Twist chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
loved this story, thought you captured the personalities of the characters exactly - hoping for more sotires from you soon!
Random Lurker chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Ha Ha, oh I can just see that happening. Just too funny. You know, I should really print out all your short stories and fillers and place them in my own LOTR book. They are that good and really believable.

Have you abandoned by any chance? I'm still eagerly awaiting the continuation of "Land of Light and Shadow" and "Fear No Darkness". You havn't updated them in 2 years. Ah, well. I will still keep checking them because you are without a doubt my favorite LOTR writer. I really like the way you weave in politics, customs etc. into your stories. Brilliant. Tolkien would be proud, i'm sure of it.

You know, I think you would be one of the few people who would be able to pull off a believable Legolas romance. There are just way too many Mary Sue stories on here. I had hoped that the movie mania would have calmed down by now, but it dosn't look that way.

Ok, i'll shut up now, this is becoming too long. Thanks for being such a fantastic writer.
Tathrin chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
That is absolutely beautiful. I never even imagined what the others would have thought of the Red Book, and this is fantastic. Poor, poor Samwise. Of course, you know, you really ought to write some of those events between Rivendell and Moria yourself. Because of course, you need more to do, right? It was all fantastic. I especially love Faramir's devious rescue-that-wasn't. It may be inane, but it's brilliantly so!
Joan chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Loved it! Very entertaining, and true. I especially enjoyed Faramir's "rescue" - Sam jumped from the frying pan into the fire there. Thanks for writing and sharing your stories.
Sylvia1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Haha! Poor Sam - I'm sure he's wishing he'd never agreed to take up the end of the book for Frodo. I have to admit I always wondered how the Fellowship reacted to the book. This was a very funny take on it too. ;-)

Thank you again, Thundera!
Ranuel chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
See, THIS is why memoirs shouldn't be published until most of the people in them are dead. Poor Sam.

I really like your handling of all the characters especially Faramir's at the end. You didn't sacrifice good characterization for the sake of the joke.
bethellie chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I don't really read Lord of the Rings stories anymore, since my attention was captured somewhere else, but I still love your stories. This is fabulous. The dialogue and descriptions are so clever, and make it so fun to read. This bit was just hilarious:

“I think we should include the morning that Gimli tangled himself in Bill’s lead rope,” Legolas said, pitching his voice over Aragorn’s.

“I think we should include the night that Legolas fell out of the tree,” Gimli returned.

...Definitely have to keep up with your stories in the future.
Artemis Rae chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. This captures my favorite aspects of Gimli and Legolas and Aragorn's friendship - the bickering that goes along with companionship - and, honestly, it doesn't matter how humble great heros are. I imagine most would react the same when confronted with how others viewed their deeds.
Malara chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
What a great idea! It sort of reminding me of those Mary Sue parodies, where the fellowship runs across a mary sue fanfic and they spend hours in a room debating and arguing and screaming. So much fun... :) I absolutely loved this!
tobu chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Oh, the fun. Oh, the editing. I know /exactly/ how that goes. Hilariously written, too. Hang in there, Samwise!
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
*picks self up off floor* Hey, can someone call Elrond? I must be hallucinating or something cuz I could swear Thundera just posted two fics less than two weeks apart! *smacks face* Hey! I'm awake! It's real! YAY!

So nice to see you posting again. I think my jaw is still hanging open. *grin* And what a splendidly funny short! Oh, it makes me miss NYE! I need to read that again. You do humor so well. Poor poor Sam! And he isn't even the author of the book in question! I so loved the parts the book had left out! Legolas falling out of a tree? Is Gimli sure about that? Poor elf. Never hear the end of it, I'm sure. And Aragorn had me in stitches! Not weary. *snickers* But Faramir takes the cake! Poor poor Sam!

Great short! I loved it! Keep them coming, my dear! *crosses fingers* Can we hope for a WIP update anytime soon? I'll take anything! *grin*

Galu a teithad vain! And may your writing be productive.

Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Very, very amusing! And beautifully written...

Sarah x
Katherine-The-Crowned chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Haha, i loved it! I never thought about the others' feelings! Nice job!
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »