Reviews for With Many Fond Acknowledgments
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
LOL!

Very very funny! Poor poor Sam *pats hobbit reasuringly on the head before remembering his headache* ;)

I could easily picture them sitting there arguing about what they felt should be in there. Any chance you'll be writing some of the things you said happened between Rivendell and Moria, I think that would be quite entertaining to read ;) :)

Glad you had another story ready so soon :)
Alma's Muse chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
This was a very cute story and an interesting look at how the characters would interpret the flow of the LOTR. This was a fun read. 'WMFA' showcases your book knowledge and your talent as a writer! Thank you for sharing!

Alma's Muse
Templa Otmena chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
This is perfect! Poor Sam- but very, very enjoyable reading for us.
Sword on Fire chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Oh, poor Sam! I can imagine just how hard it is to write a book about people you know - and especially when they're still alive to debate about and disagree with your interpretation of events!

Pity for Sam aside, this was really, really funny.
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I think I have a headache along with Sam after reading this. LOL!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Hi!

What a great piece! This is hilarious, and very, very well written.

“What of when Legolas and Boromir tried to add Gandalf’s pipe to the fire on Caradhras?”

ROTFL! Now, I would really have loved to see *that* bit make it into the book... :D

Thank you for making my morning with this! And thank you for writing and sharing!

Aislynn
Lamiel chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Back again already! This is an unexpected treat. I was grinning all through this tale, both at the Three Hunters' antics and at the very legitimate points they were making. Really some of the things they pointed out have bothered me for years - like why wasn't more made about the wars in Lothlorien and Mirkwood and Dale, and what about the sudden Dwarf worship that afflicted the Professor - er, Frodo, I guess - during the battle of Helm's Deep, and what all happened during those two weeks out from Rivendell anyway? All of which gives ample ground for fanfiction, as you yourself showed with your brilliant (and still one of my favorite) story "While the Ring went South." This tale makes me think that the other members of the Fellowship might be writing their own versions to supplement the Red Book. If only we could read those!

Thank you for this delightful tale. It is such fun to read.

Lamiel
mistry89 chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Poor Sam!

I can see this being one Good Idea Turned Bad he never forgets!

Angaloth chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Woo! Another wonderful piece. I just LOVED this! Legolas and Gimli's little spats are *always* entertaining and hilarious, and even Aragorn and Faramir were getting in on the action. Brilliant. You're characterizations of Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, Eomer, etc, are perfect and I just love your post RotK universe. I hope to see more of it soon. *coughnudge* LandOfLightAndShadows *cough* NewYearsEve *coughcough* No pressure. Just kidding...not. ; D
Envinyatar chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
It's wonderful to have you back and on good form. This was very amusing, and I could just see it happening this how you worked in incidents from WTRWS. Hope to see more short pieces from you if the longer ones aren't co-operating.
40 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3