Reviews for A Growing Hate
schmooker chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Awww that was so good! This was such a great little story. Love Maul and his anger :)
Kangucci chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Wow! This is great. I especially love the way you paint a vivid picture of what is taking place in every scene. You are also quite skilled at writing action scenes. They are authentic and visceral. You have stories about my two favorite Star Wars characters. Great work. Keep them coming.
Sabbel chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This is easliy one of the best Darth Maul stories I've read-it's very rare that a author can write him well and make him totally in haracter but you pulled it off and made him and all the characters really convincing. I loved this fic and I hope to see more of your work.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
A great story. Very good.
Sara Esperanza chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I really like this story. Maul's a hard character to get right, but you did a good job. There aren't many good fics with him. I myself am writing a story with him as a main player and I know you can't be careless if you want to get him spot on. I also liked the way you emphasized that not even Sith are immune to adolescent awkwardness. And the foreshadowing of Zora's demise at the hands of Darth Vader. Don't let the fact that you're not getting many reviews get you down. For my first story, I'm getting a lot more hits than reviews. Just keep on writing.

As a side note, Jar'Kai is the double-bladed lightsaber form. Juyo is the agressive Vapaad form.
Gorax chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Violence, no excessive sappiness or out-of-character moments, good writing...this story is for teh win.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Nice. I was immensely amused when you revealed that the girl was Falleen and that she was trying to manipulate him, and that it was not going to turn into a love story. Honestly, thanks. Snrk. Your details are very good in both fight scenes and general description, and the characterization of Maul is good, especially because any inconsistencies can be explained by the fact that he's a teenager, which also explains the confused emotions. I'm glad you didn't go to far into exploration of them-because he probably didn't. Though it could be interpreted various ways if one really wanted to, you seem to say that Maul never loved the Falleen per se, but did consider her an ally. Sidious used the experience to further turn his apprentice away from non-angry emotion, as evidenced by the last sentence, whether Maul needed it or not.