Reviews for Different
May Eve chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck a duck, you went there. Well done.
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Shocking development and revelation. Also Charlie's retrospect on his childhood, as well as what he would have done differently was nicely done.
B.A.D.Child chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
DUDE WOW KICK ASS SCRIPT MAN KICK ASS
Lass chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Are you surprised that was what came to mind? I'm reasonably sure you weren't the only one. My mind, at least, went in the exact same direction.

You wrote it out well, I like the story. Perhaps a bit more on Don's reactions/feelings? Could be just me, but I like to see things from multiple sides. ('specially the big brother side... so sue me :P )

Keep writing: I liked this a lot. Good luck!
Patty chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Excellent! I've always thought that the Charlie we see on the show has to be an exceptional

young man to have survived the pressure put on him all through childhood from studies other

than math.

I definitely agree with your other readers that it'd be great to find out what Don's

reaction is to this revelation, as well as to the attack by Roger.
LindaL24 chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
What a wonderful story.

Very insightful. We always get a lot of "poor Don" stuff for being the neglected one, but I've always felt that things had to be so difficult for Charlie when he was young, too. Getting a lot of attention does not mean "happy" and I think you showed that really well. I have always felt, too, that a lot of the blame for the whole Charlie/Don angst lies at Alan and Margaret's doorstep. Having lived through it, I'm sure that Charlie would definitely do things "different" with his own children.

A great read all the way around.

I agree that we need to see a "part two" with Don's thoughts and reactions. Maybe he could finally lay his demons to rest and move on. Pease think about it. I'm sure you've got it in there somewhere. ;-)
Magister Equitum chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
This was great. It was right on target with the characters and the insight that they would have thought. Wonderful job, I look forward to seeing more. :)
jlm110108 chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Very interesting take on the whole situation. I especially love the solution you came up with for dealing with "a bright kid who does well at everything" and a "so-called genius who excels in one thing and can't spell worth a damn." You show incredible insight, and you do it in an entertaining way!

Jo
sabrina chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I really wish you would write a companion piece to this on Don's reaction to what Charlie said, especially at the end when Charlie said what he would have done differently and how he can only remember Don telling him to go away, etc.

This was heartbreakingly good.