Reviews for Dancing in the Shadows
Trainee Hero chapter 18 . 4/3/2008
Oh no! VINCENT!
WynterSnow chapter 18 . 4/2/2008
As always, the blending of your story with canon remains seamless, combining into a story that is so much better than the original. Catherine’s presence here really brings the story to life, and gives it much more depth than the dark, brooding, and violent episodes of Season Three. I really like Julia, and I like the fact that Catherine is making some friends from Vincent’s world. I guess the question is: will she ever belong 100% to the world below; or to be truly happy, will she always be a woman of both worlds? - Don’t answer that yet, though! I want to see this all playing out as you’ve written it, without knowing any future details.

One thing that struck me while reading this chapter that did not occur to me before, was that it was that Elliot will likely never know that Catherine had survived. In a way, that makes it a tragic love story for him. He was such an interesting character on the show, and I felt that the series basically just threw him away.

You can’t imagine how much I look forward to your weekly updates. It’s almost like waiting each week for an episode of the series to air!
Trainee Hero chapter 17 . 3/26/2008
Can't anybody write a funny story today! *sob* All the stories I've read made me cry today. *sniff* They were all wonderful but now I'm crying like a pansy! *wah*
WynterSnow chapter 17 . 3/26/2008
It's hard to even find words to adequately describe this chapter. The scenes that actually reflect the series are good, but the scenes you have created between Vincent and Catherine are outstanding. Her description to Vincent of her life in captivity is heartbreaking and touching as she tries to reason with him how much she has at stake in his decision. The way you've blended canon with your own composition is seamless and could not be more flawless.
Comet Moon chapter 17 . 3/26/2008
Good chapter, but I definately do not agree with Vincent on his path

Look forward to more

Ja ne

Jim
Amber-Jade James chapter 17 . 3/26/2008
So great to see new chapters from you!

i hope Vincent finds the baby soon this is killing me. probably not the best storie to read while pregnant but what can i say i am hooked

Hope to see more soon

Cheers

AJ
Eviefan chapter 17 . 3/26/2008
I was able to read this over at Cabb just a little bit ago and am happy that you have it posted here so I can review. You know, I always did feel bad for Elliot. He got such a bad deal of things. For once he was not thinking only of himself, protecting Vincent's secret, and all hell broke lose for him. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with him in your story, and how you will go with things, or at the very least get to read what he is thinking. Diana is also someone that I like. I keep saying this but it is true. She's trying to help and she is a key part in getting Vincent to his baby.

Bringing that up ARG on Gabriel. Reading him with that child still gives me the shivers. It also serves to show his motives, about not holding the baby because he wants the child to learn how to comfort himself, and not because he cares for the babies well being either. The way he sees that child is more of a weapon than anyone he loves, though in some sick way he does care for the baby, at least in the show, but it was for his own selfish reasons.

Vincent and Catherine together is wonderful and heart breaking at the same time. That whole scene by the mirror pool where she was telling him about her time in captivity made me want to cry. I kept wanting him to hold her, but I knew why she wouldn't let him. I like that she is able to tell him all this and am sure her words will be with him when he finally does find Gabriel. At the very least I'm glad that she finally let him comfort her and I ams also glad that she is there for him. Now I wonder how the rest will pan out. A week to wait is far to long but I'll be ready for the next update and anxiously so...
chemmom4 chapter 16 . 3/25/2008
Wonderful story. I have always loved Beauty and the Beast and was so sad when it ended. I can't wait to read your next part.

Your characterizations were excellent. Truly very well written.
Vakhdar chapter 16 . 3/22/2008
Very touching! It's great to see them reaching out to each other, and Vincent subduing his fears. And (ahem) about time-LOL! And poor Elliot- trying to recapture integrity, but of course it's the wrong person NOT to trust. Sigh...waiting patiently for more!
JB chapter 16 . 3/21/2008
Holy smokes, Batman! That was the best scene yet!
tammy7874 chapter 16 . 3/21/2008
Aviana2,

I've been watching your story unfold here and at Tunnel Tales for quite some time...

I must say something about this chapter.. You have truly truly out done yourself with Vincent and Catherine scene...The scene fit them perfectly all the way...

Reasons being I've seen all the episodes of the show and have got to know the characters quiet well.. I've read every story by authors of their writings of what should have happened and how it should have ended...You have brought the two characters together in a scene just right that would fit them like in the show.. THUMBS UP!

Only one other author I know can do like you did and thats Cathy Moran in her story Spring Roses over at Marina's Beauty and the Beast Site...

I agree with everyone else here I cant wait for the next chapter to unfold..Keep the work up..

Keep up the good work.
Trainee Hero chapter 16 . 3/19/2008
Oh wow. That's all I can say.
Amber-Jade James chapter 16 . 3/19/2008
wow finally yeah!

awesome chapter for more than that though!

loved the interigation and Elliot in this chapter

hope to see more soon

Cheers

AJ
WynterSnow chapter 16 . 3/19/2008
Excellent description of the police interview with Elliot's body guard and with the funeral. It was easy to feel Joe's frustration, and it was fitting that Catherine was at the funeral for Vincent, giving her quiet support in her presence.

And the hints of attraction between Diana and Joe during the interview with Elliot's bodyguard and the private discussion were well done. As the series came to a close, I always felt that she was attracted to Vincent, hinting at a future relationship had the show gone on, but with Catherine alive, there is no way that Vincent would allow that to happen, so I'm really like this alternative. And I love the suppressed humor in the interest that Joe is feeling for her. He seems almost startled by it, and at the thoughts of her in spandex, LOL. Loved it.

The thoughts and considerations you gave Elliot were appropriate for the scripted scene and fit perfectly. I felt really bad for him, making such a difficult decision that would affect his own future. I had doubts about this character during the first season, when he was introduced as a power-hungry villain, but he later proved to have a heart and a strong affection for Catherine. Everything in your writing of these scenes reflects that affection.

Okay, best for last, ;-)

Wow! What can I say to express how beautiful that scene was? Vincent's concerns for Catherine's well-being and his own self-doubts were perfectly presented, as was her own restraint during his personal struggle, allowing him to either back away or move forward. You had me a little worried when the Other reared its ugly head, but Catherine's timely intervention helped him chase it away, and to lead Vincent back where he needed to be.

You must know that a scene like this was always eagerly awaited by most of the fans, and you handled it in a romantic and tasteful way.
Eviefan chapter 16 . 3/19/2008
Aw this was such a great chapter. First and foremost I feel really bed for Elliot. He's such a good guy to help Vincent and he can't tell Joe nor Diana what happened. That makes him okay in my book. I like this all written out because you can get more out of it, what each character is thinking and feeling.

I also like Joe's observation of Diana, about his attraction to her for a moment imagining her in spandex. Now that would be a good match, him and her... She is still very likelabel and I am looking forward to him going to her loft to see what she has to say. I think he did that in the show, but can't recall.

The funeral for Brook and Sam as it was in the show was very good, and very sad at the same time. I really like that Catherine was there. Again she was someone stable for Vincent, and he needed that. Wow they finally overcame his fears, yay for that. I know there will still be challenges for them to deal with but at least in part of their relationship I hope that things will only go forward from here.

Now I want to know whats going on with the baby...Be looking forward as always to next weeks edition.
243 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »