Reviews for Splintered Wood
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Love it
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Simply brilliant. And wonderfully drawn story starring my favorite outlaws. Your writing was so beautiful: your descriptions, dialogue, conveying emotions... All very well done.

I particularly liked these passages:

"I have to finish this," he said, his voice as wooden as the branch in his hands. "And you've done enough." He couldn't resist another glance at Djaq's face, drinking in the sight of her large eyes and full lips, her calm, self-possessed expression a balm to hurts far worse than a bruised hand.

She looked straight back at him, her body displaying too many emotions for Will to identify or make sense of clearly. He could see anger in the slight clench of her hands, apprehension in the tightening of her shoulders, and worry in the knitting of her brow, but also a wish tightening her lips, and hope flashing in her eyes.

*claps* Wonderful job done. :)
Shanima chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
So lovely. It's not just fluff, it's really deep stuff. I really enjoyed reading it. You wrote Will's feelings so well.

Shanima -x-
Matriaya chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
I loved the deep journey into Will's psyche. As a constant shipper, I could have used more of an interaction between them, but I understand that getting to know Will's thoughts about what had happened was a very big part of the situation as well, so I don't mind.

Again, my dear, a very excellent job. I am enjoying reading what you write more and more!
bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
No particular suggestions, it was a really good little fic. I, personally, imagine that Djaq has a nice left hook and might have used it, but your way works as well.
lovespeaks2me chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
This was pretty good. Um.. some of your paragraphs could have been broken up into something a little smaller, but that's your choice. I just grew wary when it came to the giant paragraphs because I like to let things sink in and big paragraphs mean a lot of information that I'm going to have to take in. Stuff like that. Of course, I'm not speaking for everyone. I really liked this simpleness of the moment they shared. I'm a big fan of subtleties. Good job.
Forever A Fool of Fortune chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Squee!

*hugs screen*

I didn't know you put your fics on as well!

*dances excitedly* Now I can read them whenever I want!

xx snugduff
Bymaga Jones chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
What a well-done story! I love Will and Djaq stories, especially ones written like this with plenty of angst. Good job.

One nit-picky note: "all right" is two words.
Esmerelda Diana Parker chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
I LOVED IT! This was fabulous! Absolutly Amazing!
elly32 chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Don't change a thing! This is great scene between two of my most favorite characters! I think that was missing in the last episode, Will explanations of his action, and Djaq's understanding:)

Great job!

elly:)
bkwrm chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
I loved it. Leave it exactly the way it is.
Capt.Cow chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Oh, marvellous bliss. Please, I beg you send it to the BBC and make them rectify the fact that this scene wasn't in episode 13! The closure I've been so desperately yearning for! Wonderful! Perfect characterisation, confused Will and calming Djaq...And I really liked the fact that you didn't let Will and Alan get to far down the path to Scarboroug before bringing them home. This was perfect! Can't say enough good things. Love your work.
Auriela chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
you don't have to change it at all! this is so lovely - you write will and djaq so well! there aren't many authors on here that write from will's point of view, but you write him so very lovely, so self-deprecating and desperately generous and intense...one request: next time could we have a kiss? thanks for such a wonderful story - please write more!