Reviews for Russian Pragmatist
leeuhmm chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I like your depiction. I had the idea of doing my own, but I found yours while I was researching. This is pretty much how I see Irena as well.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
thank you for this.
Jackaniny chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Oh man, that was great. I would really love to see her reaction to the news report at the end of Ultimatum. Would be interesting.

10/10!
iHedge chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Even though she has a 2-minute slot in Supremacy, Irena has always been one of my favorites, and you did an excellent job of continuing her story. As for the Russian people and culture, you hit it dead-on.
Speakfire chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Immediately after reading this I eagerly scrolled back up to see if this was a complete fic or the first chapter... Curse you for teasing me so! I want more :) I want to see the end of Irena's journey to the US, not just the beginning.

I love how Irena was tortured by the death of her parents long before Jason Bourne ever told her a truth she wasn't even aware she needed to hear, and apologized for the crime she never knew the real story behind. It makes her more real. Thank you for mentioning me in your AU and please, keep up the great work on the world of Jason Bourne
Kay Linne chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Breaking my own rule here ~ have been reading your Repercussion and Rebirth vignettes, and this one ~ before I've finished working on my latest. Really enjoy the peeks into tangential lives. It's wonderful that you've explored some characters whom we only see in passing. You've given further dimension to the Bourne universe. It's inspiring and maybe just the kick in the back end that I needed... Gracias, mi amiga!
Darlian chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
"Tolstoy and Dostoevsky come crashing to the floor, Crime and Punishment nailing her on the foot."

LaFEB! Yes, I always wondered about poor, neglected Irena... Thank you for finally giving her the closure she's been searching for for so long. After all, isn't that what we're all after in life, one way or another? A validation of our existence... Even Jason.
lazaefair chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Beautiful.

There weren't many screaming wailing breakdowns like this in the movies, everyone was much too focused and for the most part practiced at holding themselves together, but you can imagine more than a few characters had breakdowns between the scenes. I can't explain it very well, but your writing is almost cinematographic, able to create the tone and the pacing of actual movie scenes so they spring fully formed in the reader's mind.

The ending was deftly handled. You could've pandered to the angst gods and left it at the half mark, but human lives invariably move on no matter what the disaster is, and what's more, you gave Irena hope. Her resolve rises palpably off the page, and Natalya was a nice touch.
critical smoke chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Wow... is all I can think of to say... Irena Neski, tho her part was indeed pivotal, only appeared an the screen for less than 5 mins, and u can write a more than 20 word story about her and make it seem believable...

Her emotional breakdown- oozing poignancy...

All in all, I'd say u did a great job! Will u be continuing Blackout? I love that story as well :)