Reviews for Leading in the Darkness
ccase13 chapter 6 . 6/26/2011
This is a cool story. The Buddist exorcism was neat. Poor teenaged Dean tried so hard to help his Dad.
Marvin is my Muse chapter 6 . 10/16/2007
That was amazing!

Well written, brilliantly thought out, all out great story!

Kudos to you!

I absolutely loved Dean's comment to Father Gomes(shakes fist) it was so great! I couldn't stop laughing. And the parallels between what happened after (10 years ago) and what came later in their lives was really well done.

Great story!

Well done!

Keep gracing us with your amazing work please!

-Marvin
sams1ra chapter 4 . 10/7/2007
I really enjoyed this chapter. Good job!
Wysawyg chapter 6 . 10/2/2007
Hey, I should probably apologise for not leaving a review for this fic. I kept meaning to and then you kept distracting me by posting another part... so it's your own fault, really!

I love this fic! I love the split timelines with the past and Sam trying to find out what's going on and then current time with Dean desperate to get out of a deal which he made in desperation.

I love the exorcism though I admit part of me was curious about his son. Was there really something wrong with him that caused Vince to kill him? (Certainly not the correct course of action and not suggested in most parenting handbooks!)

Anyway, thanks for posting this. It was a great read and sorry for taking so long to review!
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 6 . 10/2/2007
great ending!

you are going to post the brotherhood AU fic?
Winchester73 chapter 6 . 10/1/2007
That was fabulous love the Buddhist exorcism it was really interesting. The end with upset Sam sets the motivation for him leaving really well. Thank you.
Savage Shade chapter 6 . 10/1/2007
The past and present ran an interesting comparison. The Buddhist exorcism was cool, and I am so not surprised that Dean likes the shakujo. Good work and nicely wrapped up.
TraSan chapter 6 . 9/30/2007
I had to stop to review when I came across this line:

Dean hadn't realized the level of Sam's profanity vocabulary until the aluminum cans bit into his hand.

Back to the story...

Oh, another great one-liner:

It was late; shouldn’t the older priest be in bed? This was supposed to be an exclusive party, by invitation only.

Oh..hee...hee...I loved ridculing the spirit. Talk about something Dean is cut out for. LOL.
Nana56 chapter 6 . 9/30/2007
Great ending, Tidia. This has been a great story and a really appropriate ending.

I'll keep my eye out for the other story!
KatieLB chapter 6 . 9/30/2007
"We aren't in some alternate universe where we have friends and people to count on." LOLOLOL You crack me up! Love the way you wrapped everything up with a neat little bow and isn't it just like john to come waltzing in and change their lives again? Great Job on this and can't wait till Tuesdays little fun story!
Lita of Jupiter chapter 6 . 9/30/2007
Great ending!

And I'll be looking for the The Mongoose Conspiracy, from the title I can tell that I will love it!

Mongose are such a cute little species that I can't wait to see what will happen to the boys for the fic to earn that title!

In the ending Sam was such a brat, I can see where he is coming from but honestly I feel very sorry for Dean for having to act as the middle man all the time, even when they weren't fighting!

I forgot to say in the previous review that I loved how Dean learned about other religions from the movies! thats very IC!

"Jealous, cause hunters can do it better?" Dean quipped as he shook the shakujo again. He was starting to like the wooden stick, and the strange noise it made.

Loved that! Dean would so get attached to a homemade hunting tool!

especially since it came with instructions! And if its noisy even better!

And an exorcism where he can taunt the spirit or demon?

he must have hit the jackpot!
LovinJackson chapter 6 . 9/30/2007
Nicely finished off :)

Dean's quips have me laughing and shaking my head at the same time. He has a way of doing that to me lol. I loved how Dean ended up liking the stick thingy ... give the boy a new toy and he's happy lol

The flashback again was great. John coming back and simply expecting them to take off again was so freaking typical of him and i can understand Sam getting angry. But it felt better having John back hehe

The Mongoose Conspiracy? lmao that name in itself has me wondering what the hell those boys are up to now lmao :P cant wait for it :D

Tara x0x
HAP chapter 6 . 9/30/2007
Nice one. I really enjoyed this fic. Unfortunately the flatmate that I hate with the passion of a thousand suns is a (loud mouthed) buddist, so I automatically tense up whenever I hear/see/read anything that may even slightly remind me of him...

But Dean and Sam made that all better. (And the flatmate's moving out in a fortnight.)

Looking forward to something funny!
Savage Shade chapter 5 . 9/29/2007
I like that you've very accurately portrayed the facts of Buddhism, I'm always surprised how many people don't bother looking it up, or just write what they think. Good work. The written instructions for the exorcism is just gold. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the good writing.
TraSan chapter 5 . 9/28/2007
Hey, sorry I didn't review sooner, but work beat my butt into the ground this week. (c:

Interesting how the adult Sam actually seemed less jaded about religion than the younger Sam. The older Sam who needed reassurance more easily embraced the possibilities than his younger counterpart.

It is something we are prone to ((turning to religion when things are tough (or when we are older), but not always when they aren't)). Interesting view.

I know...strange thing to get stuck on, but I liked the angle you took, whether it was intentional or not.

Another great installment, but the boys better figure it out soon!