Reviews for All That Glitters
waddiwasiwitch chapter 41 . 2/8
Great story!
Gigira chapter 41 . 9/2/2014
What an amazing story, all in shades of grey and in realism. I truly admire your political plots and the way you've portrayed the wizarding society right after the war, it sounds so true. I usually despise stories where Snape lives on after the battle (mostly because all of the characters usually end up so sickly thankful to him), but yours definitely is incredibly interesting. Where JKR crushed my guts every page, you made me reflect on how the wizards in Britain would have handled the aftermath. Thank you so, so much for this fanfiction, and thank you for the much different vision of Harry Potter you've brought me.
kateydidnt chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
I'd like to argue that Draco is guilty of plenty of crimes, just not murder. Were there ever any consequences for poisoning Ron? For what happened to Katie Bell? Those were attempted murder.
And what about opening the door for the death eaters to enter the school which resulted in many being wounded and Dumbledore's death. Being an accomplice to murder is a lesser crime than murder itself, but that does not make it not a crime.
kateydidnt chapter 2 . 3/11/2014
I've always wondered what would have happened if Harry had realized on his own that he was a horcrux-Dumbledore told him flat out in book two that Harry had a bit of Voldemort in him. Given how Harry often remembers details like that and connects things, I was surprised that Harry DIDN'T realize he was a horcrux. I remember reading book 6 and immediately after we learned about horcruxes, I realized Harry had to be one. I remember in the break between when book 6 and 7 were published there was debates about it. I remember arguing on a forum somewhere that Harry was a horcrux that Voldemort didn't mean to make and didn't realize existed. I'm usually bad about predicting endings but I was very pleased to be proved right.

Anyway, that somehow got away from the central point. I always thought it was perfectly within reason for Harry to realize he was a horcrux on his own. The only reason I can justify canon is Harry must have subconsciously pushed the realization away.
Guest chapter 37 . 2/19/2014
hmm was skipping around chapters and saw this...interesting confrontation between snape and harry but i feel like harry is quite unreasonable and narrowminded. when snape joined, he was 17? 18? very young and liable to make stupid mistakes that was influenced by his surroundings. its not like he had anyone to help him. to continue to condemn someone for a mistake he realizes he made and repents for is quite harsh. (not to say harry shouldnt be allowed to) hm...without rambling too much, i guess overall there is a general feeling of shallowness and intent on making snape some sort of one dimensional person from harry. [if there is sometime in your fic i'm missing sorry i havent read everything yet] .'
Artizay chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
Interesting story so far.

Though I have to wonder, couldn't Dumbledore's portrait have declared Snape's innocence?
Circae chapter 41 . 12/30/2013
You wrote a wonderful story. Too bad you stop writting. If eventually you read that note, thank you very much !
Ember Nickel chapter 5 . 6/29/2013
Ahahaha, Ginny and the quills was a fantastic line.
Ember Nickel chapter 2 . 6/29/2013
Haha, I liked the imagery of Harry and Ron fighting with the books.
rowan.catara chapter 25 . 2/19/2013
I realise this review will probably never get to you. But I'm really loving this story. Even if I'd love to take a riding crop to Harry atm, lol.
Kaitie85386 chapter 41 . 9/20/2012
Really good! You did a great job with everything!
-Kaitie
Lordban chapter 41 . 8/15/2012
I don't think there was one character I didn't feel like punching in the face at some point in this story...

A nice tale, served by very good form. I certainly am not unhappy to have found it while digging.
Saramagician chapter 41 . 5/24/2012
Wow! Fantastic! Amazing! I loved it very much! I just couldn't stop reading! Even for some minutes to review chapters! ;P
I'mJustWhoIAm chapter 41 . 5/6/2012
This was one of the hardest stories I have ever read. Not because of the quality of writing (which, by the way, was very high) but because I kept wanting to scream or cry in frustration (and, as it happens, I did do the latter). I wanted them to truly look at each other, despite knowing it was a hypocritical and futile hope. People see what they wish to see for the most part, I suppose, myself included. It's extremely hard for me to read these fanfics about the harsh reality of the world. I still want to believe that forgiveness and happily ever afters do exist, and that every action, and every human being, is black and white. Thank you very much for writing this. It truly is an amazing story.
Tharin chapter 41 . 3/9/2012
I've just finished your story, and I enjoyed it very much. Snape was well written, and I think how you portrayed his character was great. You've picked lots of questions about him that I've wondered myself. And you've found some answers. Thanks for posting.