Reviews for Reverse
SirenaLoreley chapter 1 . 2/2
I like this story! Muraki always gives me the creeps, but I like to think he could be a nice person, too XD... being a doctor, saving lives is what gives his own life a purpose.
liandrin chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I love this story, and I love Muraki. PLease tell me you're going to continue with this XD
Starling-chan chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Not to say that the rest of it is any worse, cause it isn't, but I friggin' *love* the ending. So awesome :3 _
Aethelhild chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
I really enjoyed this story. It's not one of the longest or most detailed stories, but it has a very interesting premise.
Eria chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Wow. Nice AU-ality. You really portrayed Muraki as a good guy here. XD I also enjoyed your idea of Muraki sucking energy even from spells and how he kept his patients alive! At first, I didn't realize this was an AU Muraki so I was left a bit confused. I entertained the thought that Muraki seemed to be suffering from DID (dissociative identity disorder) and this was his 'good' personality. XD Also much win for how Muraki eavesdropped on them naturally and then confronted them. ... One question though... What did they do to Muraki, if Hisoka lived? D: I can't believe I just asked that out of concern for Muraki.. XD; I didn't see anything out of place either.
The Dream Whisperer chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Ask and ye shall receive. D

I really like this. I think you have Muraki's characterisation spot-on, and the italics at the beginning and the end, describing the canonical events, are really a wonderful touch. It puts into sharp contrast how different Muraki could have been, if he had taken the road not taken.

I find the way he describes Tsuzuki and Tatsumi, as "tidy death", 'neat Death' and 'coated death' is very appropriate. In a way, I see it as (ex-lit student here) him objectifying the shinigami - he sees them as just 'death', something that he wants to defeat for a long time. He doesn't understand them - he just sees them as obstacles to him achieving his goals. This really, really echoes well with canon!Muraki and his objectification of most people, comparing them with dolls. I really like that part.

Perhaps the only flaw in this piece is that how does it come about? Where was the crossroad? You mentioned that it 'is driving him slowly round the bend', so why hasn't he gone insane? An explanation would drive in the point fully that Doctor Muraki is what canon!Muraki /should/ have become. Plus, it'll be very interesting to see how he was driven completely around the bend in canon. D
chazmy chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
I am generally intrigued! I really enjoyed reading this chapter and can not wait until you post the next one. i really would like to see what is going to happen.
Princess Sin chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
this story has really caught my interest. a world where muraki is really just a doctor. and then to have him save hisoka from death. it was quite a little skirmish they had there. so, has tatsumi and tsuzuki taken muraki to meifu to you know. . .do the deed(kill him) because he has been preventing his patients from dying like they were suppose to. or have they just taken him somewhere to ask him nicely to stop doing what he is doing or else? i am so excited to see what happens next. you have to update soon.
Nicole chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Wow, this was a really interesting idea for a story. I liked your characterization of Muraki. It had enough of him from the manga/anime to be believable, despite the changes you'd made. I think that you need to work on your sentence pacing; a few of them were long and difficult to follow. The beginning and end, where you tied the story back to what had happened in the canon, was very well done.
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Once again, you know my comments. Just a piece of advice, the summary is too flowery to attract attention. It doesn't really tell what the story's about. Too vauge, or in any case worded so that one has to anylize it to get the plain speech. Fragmented and abstract.