Reviews for The Name of the Game
Antigone11 chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
I'm sure this reflects badly upon me but I'm not even the least bit sorry Carson is dead. Dean could have taken out the entire security team, yet gave them the opportunity to leave instead and he didn't deliberately set out to kill Carson, so I say his hands are clean!

I just love Mrs. Vu. What a great original character. I'm hoping for an epilogue where Dean drags Sam to the restaurant and Sam doesn't have a clue why (Sam's never met her, has he?) and after ordering and eating a huge meal, Dean gets presented with the bill! Because Mrs. Vu might appreciate the fact that Dean likes her cooking, but she's not stupid enough to let people eat her food for free...
Kaewi chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
Excellent story! I'm glad I caught it now instead of having to wait for updates. I wouldn't have lasted!

Your characters are so compelling and believable, and, of course- the Limp!Sam is A.

I hope you continue to write stories like this :)
Nilah chapter 5 . 9/20/2007
Ominous ending. Poor Sam! I am enjoying your story immensely,and I do have to thank you for your prompt updates. Hope we get to see a lot more Dean / Mahoney. He is a perfectly horrible old man. I almost couldn't take polite Sam there for a bit, so I kinda smirked when you had Sam think his explanation for it. Definitely not Dean!
renniespice chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
Damn that was good! Look forward to the next chapter!
Sera and Tails chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
Just the fact that you put the word ' bushwhacking' in there makes me grin only because it's a Firefly episode. :D

"Franklin was reading a NASCAR magazine" *grins* The pile is still there somewhere, along with drafts of the old Dean fic that I abandoned.

So the image of Dean all rain-soaked and ferally grinning? Awesomeness.

"...the FBI sashays in" *pictures agents sashaying and also Sam looking at Dean incredulously, saying "Sashay?"*

"...on Dean’s green ones" Not 'emerald' green, huh? ;)

So I thought dangerous Dean was a great image, but Dean rainsoaked and begging to come inside. 'Please' indeed. I'm swooning.

I LOVE Mrs. Vu.

K, so Sam's the biggest geekoboy ever. In pain and danger he thinks of Isaac newton. LOL

Loved the conjoined and really pretty sure references. Nicely wedged in there without being conspicuous.

The fight? Brilliantly choreographed.

Have a safe journey home. I look forward to reading the final installment when we get back in October. Enjoy the S2 DVDs (so much to love, man) and best of luck with the rehearsals.

Cheers,

Tails

Ads: 2 week skin lightener (LOL) and Super Heroes and Villains!
nicklebackfan chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
okay i loved it can't wait to see what happens next.
ezrajade chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
What a great story! Your use of language is wonderful, as is your ability to play out the story slowly, instead of going with the usual barrage of explanations all at once. I can't wait for more!
ParallelVerse chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
Wow, Linnie. You write some serious fight scenes. I love it when Dean goes all berserk on someone's ass! Really exciting chapter. And I love Mrs. Vu! Can't wait for the denouement and the brothers' reunion.
TammiTam chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
OH! I was on the edge of my seat ... again! Poor Sammy! And poor Dean, thinking they'd killed him. I hope Mahoney suffers big time! Old bastard! Sam should get to knock the crap out of him! Poor Sam ... He needs me to comfort him! Awesome chapter!
homeric chapter 6 . 9/20/2007
EEk! go Dean! Loved the fight scene between him and Carson - it was really well described. Can't wait for the next chapter :)
Sera and Tails chapter 5 . 9/18/2007
Tails this time...Sera's finally gone home. She says to fill you in on the Ads which aren't quite as funny as last time but amusing nonetheless (HipSaver Hip Protection (?) and Finished Basements)

"There was a red explosion of pain, howling out of his leg and ripping through him, eliciting flashbacks of old war movies with land-mines and Bouncing Betties, bodies flying to pieces in evaporating mists of blood." Genius.

Grinned at the 'nonplussed' of course.

“Exactly. It will keep me alive—forever.” *Cues the DUN DUN DUN music*

(I had an idea it was the amulet you were basing your fic on (even if Sera had no clue LOL!), but I didn't want to hope too much. So glad you chose it!) Y'know if we didn't say it enough before, I'll say it again. Your best piece of work to date, this is. I'm so impressed!

Don't keep us hanging too long (oh and you'll be back by the 4th I take it?)

Cheers,

T
Poaetpainter chapter 5 . 9/18/2007
I LOVED the scene of Sam going in and out of consciousness!
Visionairy chapter 5 . 9/17/2007
I just found your story, and it really good! It was great to have five chapters to read all at once. I liked the situation where Dean had to leave to get help, but had to deal with leaving Sam behind. It's keeping me on edge, I want to know what's going to happen next. Please update again soon.
TammiTam chapter 5 . 9/17/2007
Oh no! *Grabs her and shakes* You left me hanging and begging for more! That is a major feat! Love it, absolutely love it. You write both Sam and Dean as I invision them, as I myself write them. Bravo!
calcium77 chapter 5 . 9/17/2007
Great Story! Very well done.

I look forward to the updates!
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »