Reviews for The Name of the Game
shywalk chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
Interesting start Looking forward to more
kimonkey7 chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Consider me intrigued...
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Well, this can't be good for our boys. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
friendly chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
awesome start. can't wait for more...
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Awesome start to your story. I can't wait to find out why this Mahoney guy wants to see Sammy so badly and why he has his men mistreating him! Poor Dean, to lose his little brother once again must be heart breaking for him!

Looking forward to your next chapter!
pdragon76 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
ZOMG! Linniemac's layin' the smack down on the Sam... Yays. Okay, lemmee see...

...Shag your ass... please to be writing a fic where Dean says this to the Dragons? Please?

...Sam crashed senseless to the needle-strewn ground like a fallen tree... poetry in motion, linnie. Nice.

...he thought briefly, fondly, of spewing the contents of his stomach all over his captors boots... points awarded for the near puke. Remember, babe, it ain't a fic 'til someone yaks.

...I don't know exactly where I am, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to be here... lol, Sam...and also? Perfectly describes my day.

..."Mr Mahoney has had a bad night"... oh, that is large with the creepy wtf?

...unfailing sense of direction having utterly failed him... wish I had written that. :-)

...obliterating every levee, every dam he'd constructed so carefully to keep them in their places... this is so Dean. The boy is a jack-in-the-box. When it goes...um, messy. Is all I'm sayin'.

Cracker of a start m'dear. Whump away. I'm along for the ride. :-) Also? Hi!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Well I always do love your stories. You do an amazing job keeping the boys in character.

Very creative plot, I do so love a mystery!

Unfortunately I'm not a limp Sammy kinda girl, but I wish you much luck with the new story and many fabulous reviews!
renniespice chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Good so far! Update soon!
Sera chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
So what's this I hear about me striking fear into a certain person's heart? LOL. ME?

Have no worries... I scoured the piece with my fear-striking eyes and my even scarier brain and found...well, get ready...I did find something:

Awesomeness is what I found! (psych!) Linnie, Tails is so right, this really is your best writing ever! Seamless and spectacular. I'm impressed with your solid characterisation (Sam has never 'looked' better in a fic) and let me just say, that this "-that Sam was back at the car, probably snoring, waiting for his stupid-ass big brother to quit tromping around out in the rain." was my absolutely favourite line. Why? I dunno really, but maybe the whole younger sib dynamic has something to do with it. It was so Sam, yet so Dean at the same time.

"Dean battled his way around the thicket, eyes straining to see everything and finding nothing. For only a second he allowed himself to understand what he was really looking for, terrified he’d see: his brother’s body, lying lifeless in the mud and leaves." Ah! *clutches heart*

Love the bumbling cronies and LMAO just the name Mahoney keeps screaming to me "Police Academy!" Oh god, I am so lame...

Can't wait for chapter 2.

Hugs,

Ser
mirandler43 chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Linnie, you are a solid author. You should never doubt yourself.

I'm really enjoying Sam in this. It's nice to see him in character. :P

My response as a reader: So I'm very curious as to why this shady Mahoney (which for some reason my mind keeps replacing with Bologna and I keep laughing!) wants to see Sam but not Dean. Clearly he knows enough about Dean, since he made sure his cronies took the Impala to keep him from following (I'm assuming that's why). I'm also very curious as to when and how Dean is going to find out/figure out that Sam was taken involuntarily.

My response as a writer: Your repeated theme of looking back to lessons learned from Dad and the irony of it all was beautiful; in each situation, it was very clear which character was having the memory based on their rationale for laughing. I loved it. Sam's dialogue is very believable. You've captured him very well. You've also done a good job presenting completely new surroundings and characters (I'm thinking particularly of Sam's captors and his trip to Bologna's house) in a vivid and captivating way without overdescribing it.

So you totally beat me, but I'm glad because it's about time we had some new fanfiction around here! :) Congratulations on an excellent start!

~mirandler
smokeyhorse chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
O, I'm hooked! I can't wait for more! Poor Dean, thinking Sam left him!
Ciya chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Sam you are going to need the super-extra-strength pain reliever when you wake up.

Dean isn't going to take the fact Sam is missing very well. Sam's kidnappers might want to give him back now.
Phx chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Good start. But I'm worried about this group that's taken Sam, they seem to know what they are doing and I have no idea how Dean is going to get him back. The odds certainly aren't in his favor. Especially since the dogs took the Impala too! They know no fear, lol!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Oi! Not even a heads up? Just happened to sign on and voila! A NEW one from Linnie!

So glad you got this one up, 'cause, Wow. You're in fine form tonight and I think this fic is your best one yet. I'm not sure if even Sera can find a flaw or fault when she reads this. Solidly written chapter and I -love- everything, but most especially, the way you've written Sam. Perfection, dude.

"(...)heart sank as he realized it wasn’t Dean behind the wheel." The moment I read that, I burst out "WHAT!" I'm pretty sure there was a flare of the nostrils and an indignant look across my face. How protective are us fans of even the Impala! :D

Detail was fantastic! You painted a lovely picture of the house(American architecture seminar! ROFL Sam thinking of damask sofas and Chippendale chairs made me laugh hysterically to think of what Dean would say!.)

Three Stooges moment was too good for words and the daddy's knee symmetry with both the boys was stellar.

"He heaved a sigh of relief, readjusting the compass in his head.

Except that it still wasn’t oriented correctly, because true north wasn’t answering his calls." Awesome.

Don't leave me hanging too long. I'm completely and utterly hooked.

Cheers,