Reviews for Teen Titans: Alternate Reality
OhhEmmGeeOlivia chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I like how well written this chapter is.

-Olivia
Spikesagitta chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
oh? cool, very interesting first chapter
AirGirl Phantom chapter 11 . 3/1/2008
...Wow. I kinda expected that Robin/Raven thing, after the way that Raven talked to Robin. It sounded way too flirty for it to work out the way she wanted it to. I'm not all that fussy about shipping, except for BB/Rae. BB/Terra annoys the crap out of me, but I'm sticking with this story because it is just THAT GOOD. When a fanfic can make me overcome my shipping preferences, that is a sign that it's good quality. We're talking descended-from-the-heavens-with-a-golden-halo good.

Yay, Vorlan and new Rend/Zenna. This is exciting! I love Vorlan, he's just such a COOL character. I can't wait to see how this plays out. But gr... you're going to make me WAIT! XD

Anyhow, awesome job, and I am positively ECSTATIC for more to come, whether it takes a month or another eternity and a half!
sirwilson95 chapter 11 . 2/29/2008
I tried repeatedly to review the last one and my computer kept fritzing so after the fourth time on the fourth day I gave up, sorry about that...

However I'm here now to say that you have just managed to chain me to the perverbial "cliff"...I just hope the next episode starts before the chains rust...

As allways you've done an astounding job of re-creating the characters the T.V. show went so far to create, and yet you still manage to show character development. (I can't wait to read Ravens reaction)

When Ravens face got close to Robin I could see what was coming next, but that was real suttle, till then I had no idea that was going to happen.

On the whole, great chapter and I'm eager to read the next one, oh, and Vorlan still seems really cool

-Sirwilson
Rava chapter 11 . 2/29/2008
Please please please write a new episode fast! You can't just leave it there! So far it is awesome! You nned to resolve the love triangles and tell us what will happen to Terra!
AirGirl Phantom chapter 10 . 1/25/2008
(Incoherent blubbering) Holy crap. That ending caught me TOTALLY off-guard. WOW.

Anywho, to begin with the beginning... "It had no legs, its legs disappearing into the sea." Yeah, this makes no sense. Yes, I'm a nitpicker.

This chapter was especially full of great similes. I liked how you compared Rothfar's utterance of "water spirit" to Robin and Slade. It was a vivid and apt comparison. I also liked this part with Raven's ESP and Cyborg's speakers.

The part with Raven, Terra, Beast Boy, and the kiss was kinda weird. I don't understand how a kiss proves love, because kissing can be born of nothing more than feral lust. However, I liked Raven's thoughts at the end of that section, because it shows how much Raven cares about Beast Boy.

And wow, that last part with Erebus and Trigon... just WOW. This was a twist I never saw coming. I expected the negative energy to take over Raven in some way, but I never suspected it would be sentient, nor that Trigon would be involved. This is very interesting.

You are such a great writer. I'm amazed that you can keep so many plots and subplots going without losing momentum in any of them. It's just incredible. And plus, as any educated reader knows, these plots are all going to come together in the end (however far in the future that is), and it's incredibly difficult (though amusing) to predict even vaguely where they'll all meet up.

So, amazing job, and again I eagerly await the next chapter!
Rava chapter 9 . 1/12/2008
Sorry I haven't reviewed lately! I have been so busy and just caught up! How did Raven get the negative energy in her head? When will the story start going through the episodes in Season 3? Update soon!

Rava
AirGirl Phantom chapter 9 . 1/11/2008
Nice chapter. I like how you're developing the characters, like Starfire's contractions. A lot of people (myself included) often keep the personalities of the characters static throughout the entire story. So, it's a pleasant change to see the Titans growing and changing during this story, if only a bit.

Haha, it was kinda weird reading those fluff scenes. The BB/Terra one was especially unlike your normal style. But it still fit in with the rest of your story (how the hell do you do that?).

I also really liked how you ended the chapter. Not the most extreme of cliffhangers, but the line that said "When Raven wants answers, she gets them" really reinforced the last paragraph. And the "steely glint of a determined eye" was a nicely worded phrase that also helped to emphasize your point.

So great job. I honestly don't have any criticisms for this chapter! (Probably a first, ha.) Awesome writing.
AirGirl Phantom chapter 8 . 12/31/2007
Awesome chapter! I like Shaswe (sorry, but I don't think I can put an umlaut in this review). She's a cool character, and I can't wait to read more about what's she's doing to the volcano.

And yay! Vorlan has arrived! He was my favorite of your OCs in The Fifth Colour. Amazingly, while I was reading the whole "temporal" thing, I think I actually understood it! The only part I don't get is what the result of a convergence is. After all, if two conflicting alternate universes collide, how can they resolve into one? Or is the point of the matter the fact that they cannot actually coexist peacefully? Ugh, my brain hurts.

Anyway, aweosme story. The plot just keeps flowing, and I'm excited for more!
454513467 chapter 5 . 12/31/2007
You like using the term 'international treaty' don't you? XD I like Starfire's threat.

Why is she using contractions? In chapter seven you were just saying how she never uses contractions... even in informal situations...

'"A Teen Titan… a human,” said Raven, speaking as a blind man who grabs onto the first thing he touches.' (Why man? WHY MAN?) She's obviously a woman... and women can be blind.

Hm. Loved the ending. But your technicality bothers me sometimes.
454513467 chapter 7 . 12/31/2007
'Ygrekka is an especially eloquent specie which can easily modulate its vocal chords to cover a wide range of sounds'. I believe you missed an 's' on 'species'.

'thingin' - you mean, 'thing in'? (This is where they're fighting the blob thing/mental block)

Anyways. It was good... your usual style of writing. And not the best I've read. XD But still, even your worst is better than most best... if that made any sense.

I should like to point out that the dialogue between characters, flowing and witty as always, might want to be dumbed down somewhat... it makes some of the characters a little bit OoC.

And the description should match the tone of what you're describing. It's rather at odds when it's a serious situation, and yet you're describing things with a sort of matter-of-factly joking ...

Anyways. Hope this helps, if at all.

Talk to you soon.
Harriet Usher chapter 7 . 12/27/2007
Aww! (Sques out of happiness)

GNAH HAH!

(Glomps choo)

Fluff. I luff fluff. Fluff makes the world go round.

Excellent chapter again, and I loved the bit in Nevermore. I don't know why, but I really like all Raven's different emotions arguing... it's too funny for words.

Harriet Usher chapter 6 . 12/27/2007
Whe! More Discworld!

...

Even though I wouldn't have guessed it's Discworld cuz I've only read The Colour of Magic and Mort.

Aheh

I loved the interaction between Nereya and Rothfar- but then, the idea of anthropomorphic personifications has always been one of my favourites.

One thing though- ya put Tara when you should have put Terra... at least... I think you should have put Terra... cuz it's when Cyborg talks... yeah, okay, I'll shut up now.

Harriet Usher chapter 5 . 12/27/2007
O_O

... Poor Rae-rae...

Aheh. I probably shouldn't have called that.

(Is dead from a burst of Raven's energy)

Oh well... (comes back as a ghost)

Whee! Aheh... I be dead... and yet somehow still alive

O_O. How am I typing?

Aheh. Anyway, I liked the way you did this chapter. Love triangles are always interesting...

Harriet Usher chapter 4 . 12/27/2007
Oh... shiny...

I love doing minds in stories... it could be to do with the fact that I know some of meh character's minds better than I know my own. _.

At any rate, I loved the way you did Terra's mind- twas really interesting. (Goes off to read the next chapeh)