Reviews for I Can't Give You Anything But Love
TheWitch'sCat chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
So, I know this is an older story, but I believe in reviewing things that I like no matter how old. I stumbled upon this because I am currently working Jersey Boys, and I loved the tragic romance of this. I love the idea of taking the subtleties from the show and expanding them into this forbidden relationship. Tommy's character begs for introspection, in my opinion. Someone so angry, so passionate, and so self-destructive, must have a lot of layers, I think. He must have demons and fears and struggles he won't name. I think this story works through that so well. The characters are true to themselves, but show their weakness. It's so sad and poignant. Many kudos. Maybe I'll be inspired to pen something about Tommy myself while the show is so fresh, right now...
Anne Oying chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
"Awful. They aren't monkey-like at all, and they don't live in the sea. I am sorely dissapointed."

And then his rock runs away! :'( poor Bob

But I just love the image of Frankie and Tommy getting all hot and heavy while Bob and Nick are chatting about sea monkeys.

"Realising the strangeness of the conversation, neither said anything else to each other the rest of the meal."

Are you some sort of genius?
wakingsilentandresigned chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
A little odd for sure but interesting. I like Bob's sea monkies and the Pet rock that ran away. LOL!
vinniezgirl chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Pure brilliance and thats alot to say for me because I usually don't like slashes. But ya gotta love the seamonkeys! LOL!
Thespian Masks chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Wow, I've never read Jersey Boys slash before.

Well written. Good job! I liked how you worked in so much of the musical and the dialogue into your story.
RinRan chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Well, well, well...Who would have thought you had it in you? XD

(...btw, it's Sa-*beep* X3)

Anyways, it was wonderful! Very nicely written. If I had to make an allusion, it had a "Brokeback Mountain" vibe to it, though with a better ending. Yeah?

Very nice indeed..

...Nice kiss. XP
broadwaygeek92 chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Great story! Really well written. The sea monkeys were the best part...hahaha. ;)