Reviews for Harry Potter and the Irish Choice
RiskyWombat chapter 1 . 2/3
German-Czech border frigid place? Don't know where your from but I'd advice you to open google maps when planning your descriptions, you'd see that compared to Scotland it's quite a way to south.
ruth hammond chapter 4 . 1/22
As much as I would want to rebuild the manor, I do not think I could have done something like that until I had settled down and there for a permanent home.
Wonderful story.
ruth hammond chapter 1 . 1/22
I have a feeling that Dumbles has gone a bit too far and it is going to come back and bite him in the butt and it couldn't happen to a nasty person!
Darknessdawns chapter 4 . 1/3
This was an interesting piece. Rather dark at several points, but also very enjoyable. I liked how intelligent and cunning Harry was and how driven he became. Sirius and Remus were funny, carring, and very protective guardians. I loved that they attended the Scoil to be closer to Harry. Dumbledore and his apparent madness was a bit of a surprise. I expected him to be manipulative and questionably evil, but not the single minded focus on controlling Harry. I also wasn't expecting how his end came, nor the devastation Magical Britain experienced due to his failed machinations. Funny how the Ministry and Hogwarts would have survived had he not freed Bellatrix. Anyway it was a wonderful and interesting story that I enjoyed from beginning to end.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/1/2023
Applause, applause! Great fic!
Nulled Void chapter 4 . 7/29/2023
good
katialovests chapter 1 . 7/29/2023
hjehejekkwkenw
HoneyBear84 chapter 4 . 6/17/2023
Love it
themadmartian chapter 4 . 6/6/2023
I quite enjoyed this story, different from all the usual ones out there.
I'll add it to my favorites.
0))
KoldT chapter 4 . 3/3/2023
Extremely enjoyable story.
kalloni chapter 3 . 2/6/2023
Dumbledore had said he kept failing at killing voldemort cause of the prophecy, so I look forward to watching this assassin fail too
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 2 . 1/13/2023
Small fyi, because you seem to honestly belice one must be intentionally evil to destroy people's lives...

Dumbledore is a person with GOOD intentions.

Sure, he's a quixotic moron who tries to both be a war general AND a pacefist at the same time. His high morals is guaranteed to get his own people killed.

He also tries to gain redemption for his own youthful follies, especially for the death of his sister. The regret is gnawing on him every day. (And is the reason he put on the cursed ring like an idiot.)

He also refuse to kill an innocent child (or anyone else), so instead he manipulates Harry into committing suicide.

Which is FAR cruler when you REALLY think about it -but he does it because he can't stand the thought of killing anyone.

Harry will be protected if he lives with his relatives, even if they're shitholes. So he NEEDS to believe that while they may not be nice, they won't hurt him or abuse him. So he avoids checking, so he can believe they do love him.

He tries to repay the shit Harry is going though by refusing to tell him about all the bad shit he SHOULD know, in an attempt to let Harry have a childhood -which leads to Sirius dying, amongst other things.

In short; dumbledore is the epitome of the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

And I know I use this example far too much for a man who honestly IS good...moralistically speaking...

But even Hitler honestly believed himself to be a good man. Who did the good and right thing and helped people... and he DID. He saved Germany from the aftermat of WW1

The fact that he blamed all the nations problems on the jews, and the whole thing spiraled into a shitfeat the world is still complaining about (while ignoring things like genocide in africa, cuz, who cares about africa, right?) is something else. And the one thing that DO make Hitler genuinely fall under the "Evil" cathegory, while dumbledore don't.

I would need a whole essay or book to properly psychoanalyze dumbledore, but there you have some of the highlights.

Your story itself is brillian. And yes, dumbledore here is hillarious... but SO OOC (out of character)

If you want to write a realistic Villain, find out what makes him human, WHY he does what he does, and you will have a less laughable result.

And writing a realistic dumbledore is better done writing him as someone who is highly moral, driven by grief and fear of becoming like his old bff Grindewald, that tries to stop a horrible monster of a man in a war-and BECAUSE of his morals, he fails miserably.

Because you cannot fight a war with stun-guns and attempts to appeal to your enemy's better nature.

Imagine america fighting Taliban terrorists with only non-lethal weapons, and if a terrorist promised he would change, they let him go.

Imagine if Gandi was put in charge of the army to fight them.

Which side would suffer the most losses?

THAT is effectivly what dumbledore does.

The man has no business fighting a war.

Anyway...

I apologise if I sound harsh, but dumbledore's very existence pisses me off. Quixotic idiots usually do.

Your story IS a good story tho. Just to have that said.

It's just very OOC on certain people. Mainly dumbledore.
bakesitvegan chapter 1 . 12/27/2022
Hello, I read I believe to the second chapter. A trigger warning for teacher predation and child molestation would be appreciated. I didn’t quite see it adding any depth to the story and came off like a way to justify writing about it. It made me uncomfortable and not because You wrote about Snape doing it, but because it didn’t make Snape out to be a monster due to the light language used (e.g., diddle). It was almost framed as light comic relief and not what child molestation truly is.
Charlee56 chapter 4 . 10/1/2022
Excellent story. Just excellent!
Tetradical chapter 4 . 9/26/2022