Reviews for Leitmotif
Just-Met-A-Girl-Named-Maria chapter 64 . 6/12
I don't think you realized what you've just done to me.

You've made me ship Eristine,

HOW COULD YOU

This is undoubtedly the BEST fanfiction I have ever read. Ever. Every single detail somehow relates to each character's plight. Everything fits, everything makes sense, everything is relevant. Every bit. Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Your attention to detail is exquisite. Your development of plot is unbelievably incredible. I am in awe at this story. I never thought of it being this way. I always thought of Erik skulking away and disappearing, Christine marrying Raoul and feeling safe and them being happy with the occasional visit from the Giry's. Never before have I thought about the war, never did I consider the idea that Erik could live with the Giry's. Never did I consider that he could learn to love the Giry's like family. And never would I ever have imagined little Christine sent away on her own, away from Raoul's protection where I'd always thought she would be. This take on things is the most realistic I've ever read. Forced to learn how to survive on her own, and thriving as the star she was meant to be, without either of the controlling manipulative men in her life. As horrible as her life was during that time, both Erik and Christine needed those what, ten years apart in order for them to mature. She would have always been the shivering, frightened little girl if she never got away from either of them. She needed time away from all of them. It was just such shame that she never got to see her best friend again...poor, poor Meg. Poor Bernadette.

Christine's process of maturity was impeccable. I could never have written it better myself. Erik's as well. Meg's death really caught me off guard. My jaw dropped to the floor. I was horrified. But it only adds to the realness of this entire story. Every single bit was the realest thing I've ever read.

I have always faithfully shipped Raoulstine. Always. There has never been an Eristine story that didn't tamper with the original too much. I always hate the Eristine fanfictions. I've never agreed with anyone's take on it. Until I read this. I don't think I could even say anymore. This story was incredible. I only hope that, since this was finished so long ago, you are still active and will still see this review.

Brava. Bravissima. This has been excellent.

Now that I've written a novel of a review lol. Might I add I read this in less than a week? All while managing end of the year work and studying for finals and recitals? I couldn't put this story down. Thank you for this excellent, brilliant work.
I am loving this story! I absolutely love fics that completely remove Erik and Christine from all they know. And Savannah GA? My absolute favorite place to visit! I can't wait to see how this ends! Love!
Rupert Bear chapter 63 . 12/3/2014
It has been almost 2 years since I last read & reviewed this story. After I got an opportunity to visited that part of the world, and reread this - I enjoyed it more as this is different and you can felt the heat and humidity of the southern geography. Thank you for sharing a very well written story.
Wynni chapter 23 . 10/13/2014
how odd it is for me to see my maiden name on such a character. i'm loving this story. including the unexpected (and unintentional, i'm sure) easter egg.
Bergamotte chapter 64 . 4/17/2013
Authoress, this was a fabulous story, very original, very satisfying. Thank you so much for writing it!
Rupert Bear chapter 64 . 6/27/2012
Thank you for sharing a beautiful story which I enjoyed reading very much.
Angel of Mystery-145 chapter 64 . 2/3/2012
Honestly, I wasn't sure I would like this at first. What with such a long separation between E & C, and so many chapters with them apart - but your writing style intrigued me, and I found myself clicking "next" again and again until the rest of my day (and activities) were nonexistent. I almost didn't eat supper, but decided for my poor weary brain, I must leave the computer for 15 minutes- to give my mind fuel to grasp better all I was reading. Yes, 64 chapters in less than 24 hours might be insane- ha ha- but I could not tear my eyes away from this poignant, captivating story. And I'm so glad I kept on and gave it a well deserved chance - in a word, enchanting. It had that epic feel to it, of love and drama through generations, unending. And the growth of your characters was exceptional, perfect, but still wickedly delightful the way you kept a bit of their rough edges intact to make them believable. Especially Erik.

Thank you for sharing your talent! :)
Firedolphin101 chapter 6 . 11/21/2010
Loove your story so far! I was wondering what version of Erik are you using?
ilsa27 chapter 64 . 8/4/2010
What an immense epic you've woven here! I loved how it ended so well for all of them - it was such a nice glimpse of everyone at Erik and Christine's 50th wedding anniversary.

Loved the most of all how Christine grew such a backbone throughout the story! And how she was very wise to back off initially when she got to America and Erik and Lesley Ann were engaged.

I also liked how you framed the story with their grandchildren reading Erik's journals - it added a nice touch to the whole story.
Gotham's Siren chapter 31 . 4/20/2010
I seriously got freaked out over this chapeter. My grandparnts just showed me the TV show Moonlight and I fell in love with Mick St. John. Two days later I read this while watching the show. And I read your author's comment. I seriously jumped up out of my chair and got freaked out that god was planning something lol
Fineas chapter 64 . 4/8/2010
I just finished reading this, while leaving all my schoolwork untouched.

This is one of the most well written fanfictions I have read, it needs to be published as an actual book. I loved the complexity of the way the events and character weaved about each other. I could list every little thing that I loved about the story, but then I'll be tired tomorrow morning... I'll just say that it was pretty damn close to being absolutly perfect.( and I bet it's not the first time someone said that about this story).

Thank you for sharing it with us, and giving me hope for the world of literature. ;)
Vitam Viva chapter 33 . 3/23/2010
A-As much as I love your story and characters, I can't help but feel a twinge of "No! It's your beloved pupil you want, Erik, not Lesley Ann!"

I must read more now and I'm afraid I'm going to be sleeping late tonight haha!
Liz chapter 64 . 2/24/2010
I work with your beta, and she has talked and talked about this story and finally sent me the link. I fell in LOVE with this story from the beginning. It hooked me in that I couldn't wait to get to the next chapter. I have been bad and reading it at work so when something that I actually need to do for work comes up, I rushed through it so I could get back to the story. The story is just FANTASTIC and very well written. I have since passed the link to my mom, who is also a fan of Phantom of the Opera. Thank you for sharing a wonderful story.
MusicalMaryann chapter 64 . 10/1/2009
Great story! I really enjoyed it, and once I got past being sad that Erik was engaged to Lesley Ann and got past all the angst, I really enjoyed Christine and Erik's relationship! Thanks for providing an enjoyable way to pass time reading and inspiring my imagination! :)

All the best,

Maryann
MusicalMaryann chapter 11 . 9/27/2009
That was a really great chapter! I think you handled their meeting so well- a stubborn, serious and yet concerned and caring maturity. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more. :)
1,100 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »