Reviews for Everything Worth Living For
ALostEcho98 chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
this is amazing i love it :)
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Wow. Awesome.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I am so grateful for fanfiction which sorta fills in those gaps left wide open in the series. This was a beautiful piece and I'm glad you ended it the way you did.

Thank you for writing.
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This one reduced me to tears.
Kumaproogey chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
I liked this scene, it was simple but heartfelt and I could clearly picture it:

It took another long moment with his heart in his throat before Dean remembered how to move. It was awkward, maybe uncomfortable, but he found himself next to Sam, his arm reaching tentatively around his brother.

In the instant of contact, Sam pulled away, sharp and jerky. “Don’t,” he hissed. “Just…don’t.”

Dean swallowed hard, feeling his stomach churning. “Sam—“

Sam just shook his head, refusing to look up. “Just go see your friend, okay?”

“Sam—“

Wiping his eyes, Sam looked up, and Dean’s heart threatened to break. Sam looked ready to topple, thin and wavering. His face was still wet, eyelashes clumped together and his eyes red.

Dean had spent the last four months living. Sam had spent them dying.

I liked the ending & I liked Dean’s realization that he was living but Sam was dying (metaphorically of course). It really put into perspective how close they are & how Sam really can’t live w/o Dean.
jenilee chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Beautiful piece.

I loved this line "That sometimes selflessness and selfishness are closer than they seem, that sometimes, in the end, it was about what the other person needed."

And this made me cry “Just go, Dean,” Sam told him, his voice quiet, breathless. “You earned it after all.”
inzane73 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
'Dean had spent the last four months living. Sam had spent them dying.' This really summed up how this story hit me. Because you just know that Dean is going to make light of his situation, to live it up and try not to think about the end.

I like this moment of realization here, and the call back to the first episode-we know that Dean handle life without Sam, but now Dean realizes the reverse is true as well.

~Inzane
LadyVic chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Wow. That was incredibly powerful. THANK YOU for putting into words everything I've been feeling about the deal, how it affects Sam, and what Dean's attitude is likely to be this season. You said it so much better than I ever ever could.

On a lighter note, I loved this line:

"Sam’s newfound volatile and dark nature wasn’t because he came back wrong. It was because he came back the same old Sam and had just found the pinnacle of reasons to brood."
bally2cute chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Just...wonderful.
kitty maire chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
This was so good...Sammy's breakdown felt so real. I really do wonder if they will focus on the concept that Dean made the deal because he couldn't let Sam go, only to doom his brother to the same fate.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
That was really insightful - on both Sam and Dean's parts. I can totally see Dean being all wine, women and song (well maybe not song!) in his last year, and I can also totally see Sam getting hung up on trying to find a way to save him, but I'd not really thought about what would happen to Sam after... I think I always thought Sam would be able to cope without Dean, whereas Dean wouldn't be able to cope without Sam (as he proved in AHBL2), but I think you're right - the added guilt of Sam feeling responsible for Dean's imminent demise really might kill the poor kid...

Interesting. Thanks for giving me something to think about!
carocali chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
I so love angst, and this is a wonderful fill. It will be curious to see how this 'deal' plays out over the next season, but I think you are certainly onto something here.

Dean will tend towards his hedonism, and Sam will panic and brood as he desperately tries to find a way out for Dean. He will be riddled with guilt at losing the final member of his family and it will drive him to do almost anything, I think.

Thanks for sharing one of these possible scenarios!

;D
Trish62 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Please forward to the CW, because that's what I think we all would like to see. Really nice.
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Wow - wonderfully done. I loved every sentence of it.

The sacrifices both of them have made, the brotherly love...

I've wondered many times this summer how Sam was going to deal with feeling responsible for everyone's death (after the demon's revelations in AHBL). I think previously to AHBL, most of Sam had convinced himself that Dean was right and the death's weren't his fault, they were the demon's. And while that is still true, the new coat of paint the demon applied certainly must have changed the color of his feelings regarding his mom, Jess and his dad's deaths I'm sure.

I am stoked you wrote about his feelings and the implications of Dean's death and that you did it so believably and emotionally. You hit all the right notes. Thanks.
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Aww! Brotherly squee!

You made me smile, because the last two paragraphs there made me think about what I feel about my own brother... (brother/sister) He's a very protective older bro too...

Very well written...