Reviews for Fight Your Way Out
Emerald Ashes chapter 24 . 8/10/2013
This is absolutely wonderful. It's quite possibly the best hurt/comfort piece I've ever read, and the romance feels perfectly natural. You really made me fall in love with these characters. Thank you for writing this.
1hopelessromantic chapter 24 . 1/4/2013
"I love you, Amber," he whispered the words into the soft blonde hair, his lips brushing her scalp.

It was the first time she'd ever heard those words.

"I love you, too," her breath nearly caught in her throat as she murmured the response.

It was the first time she'd ever meant those words.

After I read that I bawled like a baby. A magnificent story written with grace and elegance. I loved it.
Best story ever chapter 24 . 9/30/2011
My name says it all.
finish-her chapter 24 . 4/25/2011
Well, the review from RhapsodyInProgress is very similar to what I would like to say about this story. I saw this story listed under someone's favorites, and thought it sounded like an interesting read. It was actually my first Hairspray fanfiction, although I love the movie, and coincidently just re-watched it today. Anyway, I know that this story was written quite some time ago, and that the last review of it was written almost two years ago. But I read it all in one sitting, and I have added the story to my favorites, so I felt like writing a review was only fitting. This story really does deserve one, so here it goes. I admire the way you handled writing about such a difficult and painful subject. I also think your development of Amber and Corny's relationship was spot-on; it progressed at a very believeable pace, and it was so sweet and beautiful. It's amazing how you were able to make me feel so deeply for these characters. I was crying by the end of the story, and I'm still trying to fight back the tears as I finish writing this review. I am so very glad that I came across this. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read something so powerful and touching. I don't know what else to say, except thank you, again, for writing such a wonderful story. :)

BritanyJean
unlock.your.heart chapter 24 . 9/11/2009
Wow, this is an incredibly moving story. You made me really feel her pain and believe her slow and bumpy road to recovery. It was bloody amazing.
RhapsodyInProgress chapter 24 . 5/3/2009
So... I kind of fell over this story in a really random six-degrees-of-separation sort of way. Basically LazyChestnut got me sucked into the HS fandom and the Amber/Corny ship, and I was perusing OI's forums out of curiosity and saw this fic mentioned a couple of times so I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a look.

And wow.

I see this is an older story and you've not gotten many reviews on it for the last few months or so, but I just read the thing in one sitting and I am fully going to be adding it to my favourites so I felt compelled to leave a comment. How could I not? This story is absolutely brilliant. You are officially the first person I've ever come across who managed to write such difficult subject matter without coming across as a) overly melodramatic b) like you were relishing torturing the characters c) like you thought that rape was a romantic and dramatic way to get your chosen pairing together or d) all of the above. Honestly, I can't count how many stories I've read that just had me shaking my head at the screen in disgust and never finishing the fic. This was tastefully handled, heartbreakingly honest, and utterly devastating, which is as it should be.

Amber and Corny's growing relationship was likewise beautifully handled, taken at a perfect, believable pace and absolutely sweet and wonderful. I cried, I really did. Weirdly, one of my favourite moments was when Amber gave him the tie - because it was such a perfect gesture from a broken teenager trying so hard...I can't quite explain it.

Anyhow... that's all I can think to say right now. I look forward to reading some of your newer fics now, because this one was just fabulous. I'm so glad I decided to read it :)
butterfly6 chapter 5 . 6/16/2008
This is an amazing story and its so detailed its just wow its almost like you can feel what shes going through only you can't if you have never been through what shes been through this chapter made me cry and I really do hate chip anyway I'm off to read the rest of the story. Hugs and Kisses
Amber chapter 24 . 4/13/2008
It is 4:05 a.m. and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

But, I don't regret it.

I cried. I cried so hard. I have never been through what she went through, but her pain resonated through me.

Maybe it is because I share her name. Maybe it is because your writing was just that beautiful.

I could feel Corny's touch, I could taste the bitter tears upon her cheeks...

I still have tears in my eyes...

Bravo.
Bardess of Avon chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
So, upon flipping through fics out of PURE BOREDOM and finding my review for this, I realized that I didn't do this justice in my previous review.

How do I describe how much I loved (and still love) this fic? I'm not exactly sure. This was, is...incredible. Quite personally, I think it's your best. Well, it's my favorite of your work, in any case. My favorite Hairspray fic, for that matter!

This doesn't wander into the realm of incredulity; this is reality, and it happens all the time. Why shouldn't it happen to Amber? I've always loved her, but you made me go REALLY in-depth about her.

This just...I can't word it. I really can't. Nothing I say can do this justice. I could try to write a song for you, but I can't rhyme. Hmm. Next time I come up with an AmberCorny, I'll praise you there. Does that work? It still doesn't seem like enough...

But I'm rambling. The point? For anyone who's like me and reads the reviews before the fic, read this fic. I don't care if you don't like AmberCorny; just read it. You won't be sorry.

And writergirl2003...bravo. Let me know when you put up another one like this!
ultraclutch chapter 24 . 3/9/2008
the best fic i've ever read. ever. i just love it. i cried so much! but it's brilliant. :)
master of toast chapter 24 . 3/9/2008
oh. my. gosh. that was the best thing ever. you are awesome.
silentwriter2 chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
I stayed up until 1:15 in the morning reading this story. I loved it! It was amazing! Not much else I can really say, words don't even begin to describe how much I love this story!
Courvoisier chapter 24 . 2/18/2008
Wow.

This was amazing, no other words can discrib it..

No, phenominal (sory I can't spell xD)

Amazing.

Just simply amazing, I couldn't sotp reading.

Great great great job Tracy, I loved it. I almost started crying when Chip raped her.

Wow. You blew me away again! Amazing, I love you girl!

Mariah
MonDieu666 chapter 24 . 2/15/2008
far and away the best piece you've ever written. A superb story! Loved every minute of it!
greysluver13 chapter 24 . 2/2/2008
I just read the entire story, and it was fantastic. This is the first Hairspray story I have ever read, and I doubt I will find a better one. The way you portray their emotions was breathtaking. You were so descriptive that I felt like I was there. You are an amazing writer. Keep on writing and don't ever stop.

Amber and Corny are adorable! :]