Reviews for Long Lies the Shadow
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
It's good, and I like it very much. I envy your gift for capturing images in words, with a few strokes of the pen (or.. keyboard..) you paint what's in your head - far better than I've ever been able to do. I really loved the imagery in this story, every bit of it. It's so short though - I'd love to see what else he feels for her.. a hint of his future remorse maybe - or maybe not..
my-echo chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Brilliant. The descriptions painted the picture clearly of the surroundings both past and present, so much so that one can nearly feel the warmth of green summer and the icy chill of almost-winter whipping against the bones.

You captured him well, his contempt, his deceit, his braggadocio and his fear. This piece, while revealing his many layers, is almost sympathetic, too, in that it reveals that for all his faults, at the end of the day, he's still just a man.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Excellent. I love how you use plenty of description without ever getting purple, and just enough hints of emotion to make them all the more empathetic.
Westel chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
You have given us a look into the dark heart of a defeated man, who has lost the ability to see what his choices could have been. The way you describe the countryside and winter around him is a beautiful mirror of his soul, his thoughts, and his emotions.

Truly excellent!
Crystal Luna chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
And you keep amazing me! :)

This was an awesome one shot. I love your description, they're so thorough that I could almost feel myself in the place. And, despite being a short piece, you managed to give us a glimpse into all the emotions and feelings inside of Grima.

Very good work!
Calenlass Greenleaf1 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
You've done an good job of of describing Grima, his appearance, and his thoughts. Fits both book and movie well.

It was good read.