Reviews for No Power in the 'Verse
Dreamingsinger chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
This story is years old of course but I want to review anyway. This was great. I love the implication that River simply wanted to retrieve the bag at first and that fighting the Reavers was basically a seemingly hopeless attempt at survival at first. It never occurred to me while watching Serenity, that the whole thing might well have been an accident. I liked the flow of her thoughts as well, from panic at being grabbed hold of, to deciding no way she'd go down without at least trying, to finally getting the hang of constantly hitting and killing and with her confidence that she might actually survive building, actually reflection on the fact that she'd ruined her dress with blood.
Dherea chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
What a vivid picture you paint. Love the running commentary in her mind. The dress, concern over Mal - interesting, but I never thought of how the doors opened before - I always thought River opened them, but I don't think she would go back and pose afterwards. I always wished they played out that scene. River/Summer is so beautiful/graceful during her fight scenes - they are a joy to watch. Great job on this short!
Bytemite chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Now that's some good action. :) I see this is consistent with River's statement that she'll be all right after Miranda.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Seriously scary. I like the way her concern for her ruined dress intrudes on her thoughts as she's delivering the wrath of God to her opponents. It reminds me of the way she shot the three men at Niska's skyplex, as if what she was doing and what observers thought she was doing were two entirely different things, although they achieved the same result.
koiia-halo chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Oh. My. God. I loved it, your characterization of River was perfect and the last line was awesome. She was arrogant too. :D Brat.
divad relffehs chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
That was good I almost wish they had decided to try to kill her to see how she would have gotten out of it. I do have one problem though with the way she fought. Probably her biggest advantage over fighters like the opperative is that she would have been able to look into their minds and seen their intentions. This is what would have enabled her to take on a horde of reavers where even the operative would have failed.
just slummin chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
I missed this somehow when you posted! What a compelling fic! I'm fascinated by the voice you give River She's very difficult to write, and you're doing a wonderful job of it! Eagerly awaiting more!
emma134 chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
that was really good
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Poetical violence is the best and you have written it beautifully. Unfortunately that's all I can come up with.

Thanks for writing.
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
That was an awesome look into River's mind during the battle with the Reavers. I liked it. :D
FabledFigment chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
This is very powerful. I don't think I have ever read this scene written better.

I especially like the way she analyzes her weapons as soon as she acquires them.
SouthernBelle31 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Another great story beautifully written! I can't wait to read more. I'm not normally a fan of first person stories but this was written with grace and style.